Day 5

Epiphany
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're insane, to be honest. How did we even become friends again?" Jaemin sighed, arms crossed as he helplessly looked at Donghyuck who was grinning ear to ear while leaning against the railings. 

It wasn't easy to convince his parents that Donghyuck was just a friend of his. Thinking of an excuse was another thing. But thankfully, Donghyuck managed to help him convince them. "Ah! I'm like a cupid, you know? If it wasn't for me, Jeno and Jaemin wouldn't be together right now!" He could remember Donghyuck cheerfully telling that to his parents. Such lies, if you ask him.

But yeah, let's say... they were very amused with that kid. 

"Hey, I didn't come here unprepared, you know!" Donghyuck defended, "I already passe my files to the administration office. I'm supposed to be here by Monday but eh, I got some business to do so here I am." 

Jaemin raised an eyebrow, "When did you take the exam? There's still audition." 

"I took everything in one day. That was like... a few days ago. See? I'm very talented." He grinned. Jaemin scoffed at him before playfully hitting his shoulder, "You haven't even let me hear you sing. But anyway, what's the plan?" 

Donghyuck could only give him a teasing grin, "I already prepared it beforehand. All we gotta do now is prepare."

When Donghyuck explained to him the whole scenario, Jaemin nearly choked on his saliva. "You're definitely insane, Lee Donghyuck! I'm not doing it in public--"

"Then how the is he going to believe you're sincere enough? Geez, have some courage and effort in you, brotha! Hit some reality onto that kid and show him you really do love him!" Now it was Donghyuck's turn to hit him, causing Jaemin to wince in pain. 

"How did you convince the teachers?" He asked. Donghyuck shrugged his shoulders, "All I did was give them my charm. It just happens that the faculty is aware of all these... I don't know, drama? The boy to boy and girl to girl relationships? Something like that. They kinda understand your part."

"Kinda?"

"Hey, they were hesitating before they approved my proposal!"

"Proposal?"

Jaemin looked at him in disbelief. How the hell did he do all those? Is he powerful or some ? He thought. "Don't look at me like that," Donghyuck laughed. "I'm used to these things. I'm a rather good convincer."

"Is that a word? Sounds weird."

Donghyuck shrugged, "Who cares? You understood me, anyway."

"So when will I... Uh, do it?" Jaemin asked, suddenly getting nervous at the thought of him doing Donghyuck's plan in public. Will it be successful? He doesn't know, but he's hoping it will. Donghyuck smiled, "We're going to need a bit of more time. We'll be doing it during the last subject."

Jaemin eyed the latter as he took out his laptop from his bag. Was he really that prepared? He couldn't help but feel so amused. It was as if Donghyuck was such an expert on these things. "I did this to Mark, if you're wondering. So this is like a child's play to me. Easy peasy." He spoke while preparing his laptop.

"What's that?" Jaemin asked, although he took note of what he just said. He felt bad for him, still. But he also felt proud of him; he still stayed strong despite of the hurtful rejection he experienced. 

"I stalked, of course. Asked my friend to do some hacking and mwa-lah! Pictures of you and Jeno!" He turned the laptop around, grinning proudly as he showed him the folder full of his pictures and the pictures they took back when they were still acting as a couple.

"You're insane." Jaemin muttered while browsing through the folder, "But I like it. You're awesome, Hyuck."

The latter laughed, "I could say so myself."

It was just a normal day in Jaemin's opinion. Except that Donghyuck was in their class, and Jeno was ignoring him and was hanging out with Eunseo (which caused a big issue). 

The day went on smoothly, with Jaemin hanging out with Donghyuck the whole day. They hid at the corners of the school, somewhere no one would think of going. Jaemin didn't see Jeno all day, except during class hours, but he was sure he was hanging out with Eunseo. 

Not that he mind, he tried to convince himself that they're only friends. He did make it clear to him, right? But anxiety started to build in Jaemin. He bit his lower lip in nervousness. 

"You're thinking negatively again." Donghyuck stated after glancing at the male. "Huh?" The said male looked at him in confusion. Donghyuck sighed before pinching his cheek, earning a whine from the latter. "You always bite your lip when you're in trouble or some . Lighten up, will you? I'm sure Jeno is just seeking for company and Eunseo is the last resort."

Jaemin could only sigh in response. He hoped.

 

Jeno watched Donghyuck and Jaemin interact in class, and it was honestly bothering him. The moment Donghyuck entered the room, the first person he looked at was Jaemin. When he glanced at him? He saw them exchange smiles. Was this the guy Jaemin was meeting with? He thought and felt a pang of jealousy.

He must be very talented, He thought, seeing he managed to enter the school in the midst of the school year. He glanced at Jaemin once more; who, for the first time since their 'break up', smiled widely at Donghyuck's presence. It only made things worse when their teacher placed him in front of Jaemin since he noticed them exchanging smiles too.

"Hey, Jaeminnie," Donghyuck turned around to look at the said boy, "Do you like pocky?" 

"No, I like you," Jaemin looked at him dead in the eyes before emitting a loud laughter. Donghyuck laughed with him, slapping his arm, "Don't joke on me like that! But seriously, you want some?" Donghyuck showed him a pink colored box of Pocky, making the latter's eyes twinkle in excitement.

Almost everyone watched the two interact with each other, occasionally glancing at Jeno in worry. Of course, with the tons of rumors floating around, they weren't so sure about the two's relationship anymore. Neither said a thing.

Jeno looked at their wall clock. Finally, the last subject! He praised once their current teacher ended her class. Once they were teacher-free, Donghyuck glanced back at Jaemin who took a deep breath before standing up. "Excuse me," Jeno could hear him say as he walked behind his chair.

"Let's grab some chocolate milk." He also heard Donghyuck tell Jaemin. "Hey, where are you two going?" Their class president halted the two once Donghyuck slid the door open, "Grabbing some milk at the vending machine?" He told him innocently, as if it was okay to leave the room during class hours without the teacher's permission.

The president took some time to think before grabbing some money in his pocket, "Give it to him." He nodded, and the money was passed on until it was on Donghyuck's possession. "Buy me some banana milk along the way." Almost everyone laughed, expecting he would get mad and scold them, but it turned out to be the other way around.

Once the two left the room, Jeno went back to concentrate on his book. A book he doesn't even bother reading, but just to distract himself from being more jealous.

 

"Where are they?" The class president looked around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter