.8.

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You have a guest waiting for you, Baek.”

                His secretary welcomed him with a big wide smile on his face. Baekhyun just nodded at him and walked pass the bright man who still followed him and read his appointment for the day. His boutique, Happily Ever After, was located close to Myeongdong, a famous shopping area in Seoul. It’s not very big but it really is enough for Baekhyun. It’s a three floored building, the first floor is where he meets his costumers and guests and also there’s where the conference room is, the second floor was for his collection, and the third floor was the office. He had only 7 employee here, he had Kibum, or Key, his cheerful secretary that just greeted him with a long list of missed call; Jessica and Krystal, his cousins, who also worked here as his designer’s assistant for gowns; Ryeowook and Minseok, his designer’s assistant for the male’s outfit, also Hyukjae and Luna, who was in charge of the costumers or their guests fitting . Ryeowook and Minseok, along with the sisters Jessica and Krystal, went to the same major as Baekhyun, while Key was his friend from high school. Luna was his senior at high school, who happened to be Key’s girlfriend, and Hyukjae was his neighborhood who Baekhyun had known since they couldn’t even walk or talk. Jongdae, the DJ from the radio show was also his friend from high school, and he often comes to the boutique just to annoy Baekhyun or flirt with Minseok. Baekhyun was sure something is up between them but neither of them would tell him anything.

                He started off as an assistant for one of his lecturer who was also a famous fashion designer in Korea. The latter was her favorite student because of his brilliance and creativity, and when he told her he was going to start his own label someday, with all her might the mid-aged lady helped him. The building belonged to one of her acquaintance and he rent it with a very low price, thanks to his lecturer. At the age of 20, Baekhyun was ready to spread his wings and he started to build his own business. His employees, or who he prefer to call, his co-workers, at first worked with him for free. His brand was popular from mouth to mouth, from a satisfied costumer to another. He now had almost 70 costumer a year and was one of the well-known wedding designer in Seoul.

                Baekhyun went straight to the elevator and in his office, making Key frown at him. “Baekhyun-ah, I thought I told you you had a guest.”

               Baekhyun sighed as he slumped in his over-sized chair. He had a rough night, listening to his mother lecturing him about getting married and to have a life, while his sister was not helping at all because she was busy with her daughter. Baekhyun was not used to this. He was used to being his sister’s child. His sister acted more like a mother to him and now with her having a baby, it all changed. And Baekhyun was not ready for this change. “I know. I heard you, Key Hyung. Can you give me a minute? I am reaaaally tired and I need to compose myself first before meeting.. whoever this guest is.”

               “Okay,” Key answered lightly. He sat at the chair across Baekhyun, and he studied his boss. “Are you okay, Boss?”

                “I guess so,” Baekhyun answered him. He wanted to tell everything to Key, and Minseok. Just.. not now. “Is Hyukjae here yet?”

                “Nope. It’s his day off today. Ryeowook Hyung too. The sisters and Minseok Hyung is here though. And Luna said she’ll be here in a couple of minutes.”

                “You and Luna Noona didn’t come together?”

                Key shook his head. “She overslept. I.. umm.. I went too hard on her last night, I guess sh—“

                “Urrghhhh, Keyyyyy!!!!! Too much info!!!” Baekhyun yelled and covered his innocent ears. Key laughed hard at Baekhyun’s reaction.

“Hey, by the way, you got a letter—“ Baekhyun’s ear perked up at this. “—some old postman delivered it here since he said you don’t usually come on Sunday. He said he got a copy of your key.”

                Baekhyun didn’t really paid attention to Key. He already had the envelope once lying beside his MacBook opened, and grinning like an idiot reading the letter.

 

Dear Puppy Boy, >.<

Well well well, what a pity. I thought you were so in love with me that you would do anything to meet me, but it seems we need to wait for a while, love.

He called me love? Baekhyun squeezed his eyes to clear his views. Was he reading wrong? Love?

As a gentleman, I’ll wait for you. You decide when, and where. I’ll only reject the offer if it clashes with my working schedule. I’m too eager to meet you now, even if there’s an earthquake at the day we’re supposed to meet, I’ll still come to find you. Just, not work please, I can’t afford to take you to a fancy restaurant if I got fired.

Baekhyun giggled when he read the last line.

So reply me soon. I am as excited as you are for us to meet.

 

                                                       THE POKERFACE

p.s. you said you took some music course? Well send me some of your masterpiece. At least some lyrics. I’m compentent enough to judge if it’s good or not. LoL

p.s.s. I sent you another picture! Yaaaay!!

 

 

Key just shook his head when he saw Baekhyun was too absorbed in reading the letter. He didn’t know who his boss was writing to lately, but he sure made Baekhyun more relaxed and less jumpy.  He decided it was his time to leave. The older man stood up and took his iPad from the table.

                “Anything you need, boss?”

             Baekhyun fold the letter and put it back to the envelope, not before chuckling when he saw Pokey sent his childhood picture, and shook his head to Key. “Nope, just entertain our guest for a while, yeah? Tell him I’ll come down soon,” Key nodded and walked to the door. But before he got out he heard Baekhyun asked,

                “Who’s the guest, Hyung Got a name?”

                “Yeah! Oh Sehun,” and Key got out of the room, wondering if he was imagining the great Baekhyun just squealed like a rat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baekhyun made sure his outfit was presentable before he knocked lightly at the conference-room door and opened it. His eyes grew larger when he saw the man who turned around to look at him. The now raven haired man had to remind himself not to jump and kiss the other man right on the spot. Oh Sehun definitely was the most handsome man he ever seen in his life and the first ever person who could make him actually feel like a human, he could feel lust and weird feelings he can’t explain just by looking at him. Reading letters from Pokey made him feel the same weird feelings, but it’s different because Baekhyun hasn’t see him physically.

                “Yoh,” Sehun raised his hand when he saw Baekhyun, and Baekhyun lost his breath. He was looking so stunning. His hair was no longer white, instead it was a similar dark raven colored like his own hare, emphasizing the other’s pale skin. Sehun didn’t seem like he styled his hair, despite his formal suit, only let them be so they looked so fluffy and.. Baekhyun couldn’t even explain how charming Sehun looked. So... prince-like. Sehun wore a very formal suit with his tie and to complete it he wear a thick framed glasses that made him perfectly stunning. Baekhyun smiled nervously at him, and walked closer to shake the taller’s hand. Sehun awkwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter