.4.

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You…!! You brat!!!! How could you hung up on me??????”

Luhan was on rage. He ran to Sehun and stop abruptly in front of him. The now white-haired man who just got out of his car didn’t even had a chance to take a step when Luhan pinched his biceps hard.

“Ooooow! Hyung!” he yelled at the sudden pain. It sure going to leave a bruise. “What’d you do that for? It hurts, aw..”

Luhan really didn’t put any attention at Sehun who’s rubbing the place where he just pinched him. “One! You were 2 hours late! Two! You hung up on me! And three! Three.. you just.. Sehun!!!” Luhan’s yelling got louder when he realized Sehun was busy rubbing and blowing the red mark Luhan made on his arm and not listening to him talking, “Sehun, you’re not listening to me!!!”

Again, Luhan pinched Sehun. The other arm now. And again, Sehun cried loud. “Han! Ouch! Oh my God stop pinching me! I promised to sing the song at your wedding! Not on your engagement party!”

“Sehun! You’re so….!!! Ugh!!” he couldn’t finish his words. He was almost crying, and it finally drew Sehun’s attention. Sehun took Luhan’s arm and held it in his own, rubbing it softly. He noticed the small beautiful platina band there, and he smiled seeing it. Luhan and Yifan finally was engaged.

“Lu Ge?” Sehun called him. Luhan never forced him to use honorific references, and when they dated, it was just awkward for Sehun to call his boyfriend with 'Hyung' or ‘Ge’. But now he wanted to change it. He has to respect Luhan as his older friend now, and calling him Hyung or Ge was a part of it. Luhan didn't answer him at first, but after a pregnant pause, the older man sighed.

 “I.. I was so worried, Hun-ah,” Luhan’s voice was shaking. He was on the verge of tears but he was trying to hold it back because he knew he was overreacting. Luhan knew Sehun never liked it when he overreacted. Not that Sehun hates it, he just couldn’t deal with it. He didn’t know how to calm Luhan when he was like this, and it usually made Sehun nervous. But Luhan was not able to hold it this time. “It’s not about the song, it’s not about the guests, I don’t.. I don’t really care about that,” Luhan looked down at the floor and Sehun could feel a warm tear dropped to his hand, the one holding Luhan’s hand. “I was worried about you. I know how careless you drive and you almost never drove so far without me or Chanyeol or Yifan to accompany you. What if somebody robbed you? What if you had an accident again? What if, oh, you don’t know how many ‘what if’ I’ve thought about. You have no idea. Remember the last time you drove alone? Remember the accident? I can’t.. You can’t do this.. I..”

Luhan couldn’t continue as he started crying. Sehun who was starting to panic pulled the petite man into his embrace, and slowly rubbed the older man’s back. The worry the older man was showing every time Sehun drives alone is no longer something strange to him or the people around him. Sehun had been involved in a car accident before. It was the first time Sehun drove out of town for business without one of his buddies accompanying him. He was hurt pretty bad, unconscious for almost a month with broken ribs, a broken nose and broken arms. The image of Sehun laying in the ICU, with no guarantee when he will wake up, it haunted Luhan for years, even until now.

“Hey, Hyung.. Don’t cry, please don’t cry. I’m fine, see?” Sehun whispered to Luhan’s ear, trying to calm him down before someone comes out and see Luhan like this. He pulled back a little and put his finger beneath Luhan’s chin and carefully forced the shorter to look at him. “See? I’m okay. I’m here.”

Luhan didn’t answered and just looked at Sehun. He raised his arms that was on his sides before and touched Sehun’s face, making sure the taller man was really okay. Luhan nodded when he was sure Sehun was okay, “I’m sorry for overreacting. It’s just.. I’m just scared.”

Sehun smiled and cupped Luhan’s cheek. He wiped the tears from the beautiful man’s eyes, and smiled at him. “This is your engagement party, you can’t look like you just lost your puppy,” Sehun tried to joke, but he knew he failed when Luhan only looked at him w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter