.11.

Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 “Where the hell is he???”

                Baekhyun looked at the watch on his wrists and when he saw the short hand was pointing at 3 while the long ones are almost pointing at 12, he sighed. He had already finished a cup of coffee, and don’t even ask how many glass of water he had order. Pokey was 3 hours late. And that’s not good. He already texted Pokey to tell him that he was waiting at The Coffee Bean at Insadong, and from there they could go around the food stalls, but he didn’t get any reply from the other man. He tried to call, but it was always rejected or the other did not pick it up. Baekhyun tried to keep his mind positive, texting with Yifan and Jongdae helped him to relax a bit. Even the phone call he received from Dara was able to make him laugh. But when the phone call ended, and the text had stopped because Jongdae had to go back to work and Yifan was in the middle of a recording session with Luhan and needed to supervise it, Baekhyun’s nervousness came back. He was fidgeting in his seat, playing with his straws, jumping at his seat every time a costumer came in, only to slump back in his seat because none of the guests came to approach him to say “Hi, I’m Pokerface”.

                “Do you want to order anything else, Sir?” a waitress came and asked him as she took the empty cup. Baekhyun just looked at her and shook his head. The waitress nodded and smiled at him, Baekhyun knew she pitied him. He was like a desperate man waiting for a lover to come on a date. But he never came. Suddenly his phone rang. Baekhyun looked at the caller ID, unknown number, Baekhyun was very sure it’s Pokey.

                “He.. hello? Pokey?” He asked. He didn’t even looked at the caller ID to see that it was actually a different number from the last one he used to call Baekhyun. “Poke?” he called again when there was no answer.

                After a minute of silence, somebody with a muffled voice answered. “I’m sorry, Pup. I don’t think I can make it.”

               Baekhyun felt like his heart just went free-falling to the floor. “Wha-what are you talking about?”

              “I.. won’t be able to meet you. I’m not coming,” somehow the sentence offended Baekhyun. He’s not coming??

              “Pokey, don’t you dare play with me. I’ve waited for three hours and now you’re saying you can’t make it??? Yah! Do you have any respect at all?”

            "I respect you more than I should, Pup,” Baekhyun does not understand the sad tone in the other’s voice. “And now I know that I love you, more than I ever should, more than I ever could.”

                “Love? P-Poke. It’s not funny anymore. Show up! I’m going to wait until you show up.”

                “Please, just go home, and forget me, okay?”

                “What??” Baekhyun almost stand up from his seat. What is this?? Why was he suddenly acting like this? “Are you kidding me???”

                “You look cute today, by the way. The beanie suits you. You don’t have to act tough all the time, you know. Loosen up a bit.”

              Baekhyun snapped his head out of the window when he heard this. How did he know he’s wearing a beanie? Unless... “Yah, you. A stalker to now?” Baekhyun slowly stood up from his seat and examined the buildings around him. There were only restaurants and clothes shop around, no tall buildings, and Baekhyun had no idea which one the other was in, because every store had a clear view of him from their spot. “What the hell, Pokerface? Come out now!!!”

                “I’m sorry, Little Puppy. I really can’t. We should stop writing to each other too.”

              “What?? What are you.. what happened?” Baekhyun gave up. He was worried, he really wanted to cry. It’s like being dumped by someone, and Baekhyun didn’t like the feeling. “I’m begging you, Poke, please please show up. Just this once.”

                “It was nice to know you, Pup. My life has been so fun this six months because of your letters..”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter