Of Fans and Idols pt.1

Dodaeng One-Shots~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kim Doyeon. Gangwons Beauty. Nations Visual. Asias Princess. You name it. That girl had South Korea wrapped around her finger. Rumors had it that if you were lucky enough to meet her, you would instantly be charmed. She would just have to smile and everyone would be kneeling before her. 

 

Pffft. Yeah right. 

 

My name is Choi Yoojung and frankly I am sick of it. Kim Doyeon this, Kim Doyeon that. Everywhere you go, you would hear her name. Posters of her were everywhere and apparently, while scanning trough a magazine, she closed the deal with 'Maybelline'. 

Great, good for her. 

 

I flipped the page of my trashy magazine over. 

Oh, looks like she's now sponsored by 'Nike'. 

Cool. 

 

I flipped a page over again. 'BREAKING! KIM DOYEON SEEN WITH CHA EUNWOO! ARE THESE TWO MORE THAN JUST CO-WORKERS?' I sighed and closed the magazine. I could feel my irritation growing inside the pit of my stomach. Why was she everywhere?

 

If you think that I am jealous of her then you're deeply wrong. I just simply dislike her. She was too overrated. But if I had to be honest, her fans are the whole reason why I don't like her. There are supportive and stuff but if any idol out there just blinks at their princess wrongly, they can expect the biggest storm ever, oh and that she's literally shoved down your throat with that exposure. You have no choice but to like her. 

 

I probably am the only person on this planet that doesn't like her...welp, I've always wanted to be different. 

 

I heard the door opening and closing. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I work at a very rundown local-market near Wonju. The night-shifts I had to work where kinda nasty but it pays. I looked up and followed the customers movements with my eyes lazily. She seemed tense and looked to where I was sitting back to where she was standing infront of. But I couldn't really be sure as she was wearing sunglasses and a face mask. I know she looks pretty suspicious but these 'protections' probably hide a celebrity. Just last week Nations singing Angel Kim Sejeong visited this hole with the exact same get-up. The girl was drunk-crying over her failed relationship with her dance instructor, what was her name again? ...Oh right! It was a Lim... or Kim Chungha, I guess? But whatever.

 

 

I looked up further and ah, the girl was standing in the alcohol-section. 

Great... 

Let's just hope that this idol is legal and get this over with. 

 

The girl seemed kinda torn and fidgety. She was holding two drinks in her hand. One was beer and the other one was slightly better beer, for my tastes. 

She was rooted on the spot and for a second I thought that I was looking at a picture. Had this girl so much trouble choosing one? 

 

I sighed and looked at my watch...the store closed soon. I looked around. Nothing dirty seen. Doesn't seem like I will be cleaning tonight. Good. 

 

I stretched my arms above my head and yawned. I looked over to the mysterious girl and still found her standing there. 

 

"Hey, uh, we're closing now so if you want to buy something do it now." It sounded ruder than intended to be, but I really didn't care right now. I had a bed waiting for me. 

 

The girl nodded slowly. 

 

"Right."

 

She put the slighter less good beer back to the shelf, good choice, and walked up to the cash register. 

 

Before she was able to take out her wallet my phone rang. Goddammit...

 I took a quick look to see who was calling. It was just Somi, I could decline that. 

 

"You can take that."

 

I looked up to the customer and raised an eyebrow.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yeah, I have time."

 

"...Kay."

 

I looked at the girl weirdly, no one would voluntary just..wait? Well I knew for sure that I wouldn't. 

 

I picked up the phone.

 

"What is it Somi? You know that I'm still working."

 

"Pffft, Unnie, you get like 2 customers per shift. I know that you get bored." 

 

"Well I have one standing here."

 

"Uh-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter