Run away with me

Dodaeng One-Shots~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Doyeon awakened by the sound of someone knocking at her door. She opened her eyes slowly and grunted, her sign for the maid to come in. Her maid shuffled around her suite, picking out the garment for today. Doyeon's eyes lightened up in curiosity, as her maid choose a black satin dress with a golden sash around the hip-area. It was a dress usually reserved for big events, such as the Kings birthday.

She stretched her muscles and sighed in content when the soreness went away. She stood up and opened her curtains, letting the light flow into her room, looking outside, she saw her little brothers playing with their royal dog, Tea-Tea.

"Your highness."

Doyeon turned around, to see her maid beckoning her to the fitting room, she let her fingers touch the soft material of her garment briefly before turning to her maid to be dressed.

"Chungha-Unnie is something special happening today?"

Doyeon coughed a bit when Chungha suddenly tightened her corset uncomfortably. She tilted her head slightly to see her Unnie nervously tying the knots of her dress.

"Unnie?"

"I-it is not in my place to t-tell you, Doyeon-ah"

Doyeon huffed in frustration at her response but she was genuinely curious now. Were maybe the sailors back from the journey to the new land? Doyeon always loved to hear their adventures and the goods they brought back with them. But if it was the case, Chungha-Unnie would have told her in a heartbeat.

"Unnie, please.., did-did something bad happen or-

"NO, no Doyeon-ah, nothing bad happened.."

Doyeon bit her lip nervously, Chungha's behavior worrying her.

"Then why..?"

Chungha turned her around, tightened the sash around her hips and she sighed, giving in to Doyeon's questioning. She still looked very scared to reveal the information, as she had sworn the king secrecy. 

"Y-your wedding date was moved."

Doyeon kept silent and nodded her head for Chungha to continue. 

"T-the King decided that it would be better for you and the country, that you marry a-as soon as possible.."

Doyeon suddenly stood up and walked to her clothing chamber. Chungha panicked a bit, knowing what Doyeon was planning. She held Doyeon by the wrist to stop her. 

"Doyeon, don't." 

"U-Unnie, l-let go." 

Doyeon replied shakily, even though so many would kill to live in royalty and wealth, she herself hated it. The constant pressure to be perfect, to fulfill all expectations people had from her and this dreaded marriage, for the sake of her country. Doyeon felt like caged bird. The thought of running away, flashing trough her head too often. 

"You are going to meet your fiancé today, maybe he's not as bad as you think.."

"Unnie, I d-don't care if he's nice or rich. I-I just want to choose myself! I want to decide myself whom I will love! W-why don't I even have t-the choice to do that?" 

Chungha looked at Doyeon with sympathy, Doyeon had always been a free soul. She hugged the princess as comfort. 

"Doyeon, you know your father just wants the best for you.."

She scoffed at Chungha's words. Her father never had cared for her. 

"For me or for him?"

Doyeon hissed out. She freed herself out of Chungha's grip and continued her way to her chamber, she dressed herself in her dirtiest cloak.

"Doyeon, please don't do something we both regret." 

Doyeon let out a dry chuckle but nodded-

"Unnie, see you later." 

Chungha kneaded her forehead, she huffed in frustration when she heard the door close. 

I hope you know what you are doing, Doyeon-ah.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Doyeon was unnoticeable in her dirty cloak. No one would spare a seemingly poor person a second glance as it was not a rare sight. She hurriedly made her way to the outer area of the kingdom. She needed to talk to someone. 

 

She stood infront of the small bakery, I.O.I. The bakery was famous for its cinnamon buns, Doyeon's favorite pastry. She always went here secretly when she had the time. 

Doyeon peeked inside the window and noticed her working. Doyeon laughed gently when she saw her deep in concent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter