Red String of Fate

Dodaeng One-Shots~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoojung was a little special. With the age of 5, she developed a skill, who many call "String Eye".
Basically Yoojung could see red strings on everyone's pinky's, including her's. They're wrapped around your finger and connect you to your soulmate. They have infinty range and dangle when your soulmate is near.

Not many can have this ability as Yoojung is 1/1.000.000. Her family, her friends, everyone who knew, thought that what Yoojung had was incredible.
But Yoojung herself hated it. She never believed in Soulmates and she found her 'talent' tiring.
Her parents for example are Soulmates but the relationship that they had was nothing Yoojung desired. They didn't love each other. Everything seemed forced and the only thing holding them together was their daughter.


At the age of 17 Yoojung fell in love, but not with her destined to be. Jeon Somi, was her name.
Wha they had was short but sweet. Somi came from Canada and was in Korea just for a summer, as her father had some business here.
They were neighbors and constantly together.

One summer night they sat in Somi's garden, leaning against each other.

"Unnie, when do you know that this person is your soulmate?"
Yoojung lifted her head and stared at Somi in question.

"I don't know, I mean I have this ability."
Somi hummed.

"What do you think, you would feel when you met him or her? Do you think it will be like in these cheesy novels you read?" Somi teased Yoojung but her question was serious.

"Where you feel fireworks and butterflies and that? I think in the novels they're exaggerating but you would probably feel something similar." Yoojung replied, she was confused why Somi asks. Both of them were not really a big fan of these 'red strings' and they never talked about it.

"Why are you asking?"

"Just curious."
Yoojung narrowed her eyes. Even tough they've been just together for 3 weeks, Yoojung could read Somi like an open book. That girl was not good at lying anyway..

"You know that I don't believe you, so spill."
Somi looked down to Yoojung, her warm brown eyes reflecting something Yoojung couldn't decipher.
Suddenly Yoojung felt restless and backed away from Somi.
Somi sighed at her action and cleared .

"I think I've found my soulmate."
Yoojung's breath hitched, the warm air making her shiver.

"Yesterday I was grocery shopping for mum and then I bumped into her.. I can't explain what I felt, but it felt good." Her words stabbing Yoojung in her heart. The air suffocating her.

"S-should we break up?" Yoojung replied with a shaky voice. Her heart pumping rapidly in her chest.

"I..I don't know. Yoojung, I still love you but..but this girl is my soulmate I know it."
Yoojung's irritation grew, her anger flaring up. Since when did Somi care for that? Both of them hated the soulmate-system but now?
Yoojung breathed out, trying to keep her mind clear, to make the most logical decision for both of them.

"Somi, I'm breaking up with you."
Yoojung saw the surprise in her eyes for a second and then the relief.

Yoojung's head throbbed, her vision spinning. She felt like she could break-down and cry. Her heart was beating uncomfortably in her chest, she was choking up.

"I-Yoojung..thank you."
Yoojung stood up and left Somi I the garden. She quickly gathered her things and rushed out of her house, not looking back once.

Since t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter