Belle and Thumbelina

Dodaeng One-Shots~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Inspired by the StarShow-Princess Special)

Kim Belle Doyeon, was smart. She loved books and was thirsty for knowledge. She and her father lived humbly in a small French village.

Belle was breathtakingly beautiful and everyone in their village knew that. Suitors from far away would come and ask her for marriage. They were rich and offered her and her father more than they could ever afford. But Belle rejected them all, they were small-minded thinking that Belle would accept just for their wealth. She wanted someone who would understand her, someone who supported her, someone who shared the same interest as her.

Her father, Maurice, was proud of his independent daughter. His daughter has come so far, she became a scientist just recently and that by her own effort.

-------------------------------------

Today was her first day as a scientist, Belle was excited. She couldn't keep still as she was bouncing on every step she took. Her father chuckled at his daughter's excitement.

"Belle, stop jumping around. You are like a wild pup!" Her father said teasingly.

"I can't help it, father! After all this years! I finally made it."
Belle breathed the last part out, she still couldn't believe that she had done it. She couldn't stop grinning like a maniac.

"And I'm proud of you.", he smiled fondly at her," your mother would be too."
Belle's grin dimmed a bit at the thought of her mother. She lost her mother when she was still very young but Belle missed her dearly.

"I-..thank you, father. You don't know how much these words mean to me."
Maurice nodded at her words.

"Before you go, please stay safe. I know your teacher,..she is a very wise woman but can be ruthless as well. The tasks she will give you are hard, maybe even dangerous! So please don't do anything reckless, Belle."

"Father, I will promise you! I'll come back safe and sound. Don't worry about me." Belle said before she exited her cottage with a huge smile.

-------------------------------------

"So, you are my new apprentice?"
The teacher, Bae Yoonjung, asked.

"Yes, teacher!" Belle replied while doing a 90 degrees bow.

Her teacher scoffed.

"You look weak, do you really think that you are made for this?"

Belle gulped at her harsh words but nodded nonetheless.
"I worked hard to accomplish my dream. I'm ready for whatever you will give me and I will not disappoint you."

Bae Yoonjung smirked and shook her head.
"Well, we will see. So doll what's your name?"

"My name is Kim Belle Doyeon, teacher."

"Do you want to be called Belle or Doyeon?"
Belle was a little bit startled at her question.

"B-belle, please."
She replied shakily.

"Alright Belle, I think you heard about the tale of 'Thumbelina'."
Belle once read about it in one of her books.

"Yes, I did. It's where a girl was turned into the size of a thumb as a punishment for being selfish, right?"

"Correct, and it could be that there is some truth behind that legend. Recently many of our farmers spotted a girl with the size of a thumb walking around our forests near the river. Many say that she goes by the name of Yoojung but we can't be sure. I want you to investigate and bring more information about the Thumbelina."
Belle nodded excitedly. She knew that her life as a scientist could never get boring.

"Come back before noon, and if you didn't get more information by then, I guess I'll have to give you something else to work on."

"I will not disappoint you, teacher!" Belle saluted and sprinted giddily out of the house to the nearest forest to search for Thumbelina. She grinned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter