Complications

Dodaeng One-Shots~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoojung was anxious. She had never thought that she would see her again. Even though it almost felt like a decade ago, that they saw each other, the name Kim Doyeon, would always ring some alarm bells inside Yoojung. Don't get her wrong, the Kim Doyeon she remembered was a sweet, nice and quite shy girl. They had been neighbors for 13 years, then Doyeon moved away to some small town, which Yoojung forgot the name of. 

If you thought that Yoojung and Doyeon were childhood friends, then you were dead wrong. Heck, they didn't even exchange a full sentence once. Always when Yoojung wanted to strike a conversation with the girl, said girl would for some reason go bright red and run back to her parents and hide behind them. For a while Yoojung thought that Doyeon was scared of her, so she made a note to not approach the girl ever again. 

But that apparently was not the case, when one day in their 7th grade, Doyeon unexpectingly approached her after school and said that she wanted to talk to Yoojung. Yoojung may have raised a eyebrow or two when Doyeon came to her but Yoojung followed her anyway. 

They stood on the playground just infront of their school and waited for the rest of their classmates to dissapear. It was winter when Doyeon approached her and Yoojung was freezing under her thick, a little bit to big for her, jacket. She looked over to Doyeon to see how she was faring but Yoojung confusion just rose when she saw Doyeon looking at the ground, playing with her fingers. She seemed nervous but Yoojung didn't know why. 

"What is it?"

Yoojung's curiosity getting the best out of her. She saw Doyeon getting red and her breathing getting a bit heavier. Yoojung tilted her head, was this girl at the verge of a break down? All the time Yoojung had known Doyeon now or observed her (because well, Yoojung didn't really know Doyeon, Doyeon behaved really differently when she was with her friends, then she was with just Yoojung.), Doyeon was never this weird before, even though running away from a kid almost an inch smaller than you, is considered as weird. Yoojung frowned, various naive theories for Doyeon's behavior flooding her mind. Yoojung suddenly gasped and Doyeon flinched at the sudden sound and looked at Yoojung, their eyes connected for a second before Doyeon looked at the ground again blushing. Yoojung shakenly held her hands infront of , partly from the cold and the other because she found the shocking reasoning for Doyeon's strange demeanor.

"A-are you allergic o-of me?"

Doyeon's head instantly snapped up when she heard the question, her brows knitted together in deep confusion.

"I- What??" 

"I-I've read about it once in a magazine! There are people who are allergic to each other!" 

Doyeon was smart, actually one of the best in her class and she never heard of this phenomenon before. Her curiosity perked at the assumption but she quickly shook her head, she was here because of something else. But she made a note to ask her mother later about it. 

"No, no! I'm not..allergic to you. T-there is something I need to tell you.."

Doyeon gulped and prepared herself, she was sweating tons in her sweater. Yoojung tapped impatiently with her feet, she crunched the snow under her flat. 

"..Ilikeyou."

"Sorry, what? You need to speak louder."

"Ilikeyou."

"What? Again please." 

Yoojung was nearly leaning into Doyeon, personal space not a word in Yoojung's Dictionary. 

"Repeat again, this time slower and louder, please." 

Doyeon wanted to scream in frustration, why was it so hard to her to confess? Why did she have to fall for dense Choi Yoojung?

Suddenly her instincts were kicking in and Doyeon grabbed Yoojung's face and clashed their lips together. Yoojung's lips were soft and warm, everything Doyeon had imagined, she closed her eyes, wanting to lean in closer but then realizing, what she was doing and who she was doing it with. She instantly sprang away from Yoojung, regret filling her mind. She looked at Yoojung to see her a bit dazed form the kiss. 

"Oh god, oh god, oh god, I am so sorry! I-I didn't mean to..oh my god, I just kissed Choi Yoojung.." Doyeon said that like she herself was just realizing what happened. 

Yoojung was bright red, heart pumping, she touched her lip in disbelief, she just had her first kiss. 

"Y-you like me?" 

Doyeon nodded shyly at her question and Yoojung had to admit, she looked real cute while doing so.

"Yeah, I liked you for a long time now..but you don't feel the same right?"

Yoojung widened her eyes, did she feel anything for Doyeon? 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter