Cold

Seducing Byun Baekhyun

*This chapter contains swear words.

The temperature had rapidly gone down a few days ago, and seoul was covered in a beautiful, clear white sheet in only one night, it's amazing how easily nature can do that. I am looking out of the car window, trying to figure where we really are but due to the snow every thing looks the same. "I heard it's going to be like this for 2 weeks now" I don't respond but just keep staring out of the window acting intrigued with the trees that are bare of leaves however they resemble skeletons than they do trees. The car gets warmer and warmer as time passes, maybe an hour has passed, my eyelids get heavier every second that is until i hear a screech of tires and curses thrown at the person blocking the road. A gust of wind enters the car and all the warm air is soon replaced with the biting cold, I hug my coat closer to my body and listen to the arguement going on outside, there are about 5 different people arguing, while other drivers are honking away obviously getting frustrated. I watch in interest as they all bicker away about who's fault it really is for causing this traffic, ocasionally blaming eachother every second and not really getting to an conculsion. After arguing like the adults they are, comparing them to elemantry children will be an insult to the kids, one of the driver walks away cursing ,while the others disperse throwing curses at eachother even when inside their cars.

"Bunch of immature people who can't just accept their mistakes" not being able to hold it any longer i laugh out loud "I bet they are saying the same thing about you" I say between my laughs. Soon the traffic clears out with the help of some police officers who arrived a tad bit too late to the party. The car becomes silent again and I carry on with what I had been doing before.

----

 

When I arrived at my warm  apartment I was beyond tired I looked like a living corpse, I wanted nothing but to get to my comfy bed who will take all of my fatigue but none of that happened. I turned and tossed around all night because I couldn't find that one comfortable spot to take me away to dreamland also I had all these thoughts in my head that wouldn't leave me alone, go ahead call me crazy. By the time dusk greeted us all with a happy smile I could feel my eyes closing but my phone started to ring multiple times.

"Yoo Jung I am still on my ing break" after hearing the tone of my voice Yoo Jung would have immeaditely hung up knowing that I was in a horrible mood, however a deep laugh answers me back. My eyebrows furrow in confusion at what I was hearing "Yoo Jung were you always a man or am I going crazy?" 

"Since day one in the womb and maybe you are" 'Yoo Jung' answers back in the same manly tone.

"Actually when you're in the womb for the first few weeks you start off as a female- wait who's this and what have you done with Yoo Jung?!" I yell loudly into the phone and look around my apartment for any funny movements, I am sure I even woke up my neighbours if they aren't up yet.

"Thanks for the biology lesson and your assistant is fine, I think so-" I cut them off by threatening them once again, but they just ignore my paranoid self and continue "- and I am..." I wait in anticipation for them to reveal their identity but my phone turns off. 

In a frenzy I grab my charger and wait for my phone to turn on, right then my door bell rings ding, ding, ding three times . Now i am scared, how did this turn into a horror story? with careful, light steps I slowly walk towards my door. With a deep breath I reach for the peep hole but I retract my hand back, the stranger rings the bell again this time more impatiently. After mentally preparing myself and also physically by grabbing a broom, I look through the peep hole. Shock, fear, nervousness and relief all fill my body. My Phone starts to ring again and I rush to my bedroom stumbling and falling along the way ofcourse.

"What the do you think you're doing here" 

"Oh so you did look out- ummm- I- surprise?" It's a surprise alright, never would I expect Byun Baekhyun to be standing outside my door right now.

"Your neighbours are giving me weird looks. Also these three kids have been keeping a close eye on me for the past thirty minutes" His voice becomes a bit quieter than usual it almost seems like he is afraid of the trio. "I am still not opening the door off you prick" recalling what had happened exactly a month ago my voice becomes louder and more aggressive.

"Woah language. I want to talk about what happened last month-I mean year- I don't know-" excuses, excuses, excuses  "And that's exactly what I don't want to talk about Baekhyun. I am tired." I sigh loudly and slump down next to my bed. "I know- Okay ten minutes please" his voice sounds so desperate and I sigh for the second time "Ten minutes is all you get. But stay outside for another half an hour Okay, cya, bye" not even wanting to hear him complain I hang up.

The precious half an hour were spent by me brushing my teeth, washing my face and making my bed ,after making some breakfast I watched an episode of Sailor Moon, also fangirled over Darien, you see some crushes never die. Right on time the door bell rings again and I take my sweet time to get up and walk to the door, doing everything in slow motion. "Finally!" he proclaims in joy and storms in to my apartment.

"Shoes off and your ten minutes start now" I point to my wrist and casually stroll to my living room while he struggles to remove his shoes. 

He looks around my apartment observing everything to the last speck of dust, and becomes lost in his thoughts a small smile comes upon his face. The same stupid smile I hate. He faces me with a teasing look "you still look so beautiful in the morning" a tsunami of heat hits me as soon as those words leave his words and I try so hard to keep a straight face. "Flattery won't get you anywhere in this situation, but keep the comments coming in" I say with a completely serious face. "And you only have 7 minutes now"

He stumbled a lot on his words, occasionally rubbing his sweaty hands on his trousers, his eyes wavered and he couldn't make eye contact with me. His explanation, excuses, truth...? whatever it was, well I listened to it all. By the end of it he was breathless and he finally looked up at me, expecting me to speak up but I stayed mute, Why?... because I already knew everything he had just said. She told me all about him, I didn't believe her, because belieiving her meant accepting it was true. But deep inside I knew it was true.

"You and So-hye...how?" A certain someone came to mind "Taehyung...do you realise how hurt he must had been" I say in almost a whisper but I am sure he has heard it. He's remorseful but it's not sincere.

"I am sorry. I really am but her and I are over, you know that right?" he begins to walk towards me, while quitely murmuring three words repeatedly.

"Stop you should be apologizing to Taehyung! Those words are meaningless to me" He slightly flinches back at the sudden raise of my voice, but slowly draws nearer towards me.

"I know. I know I've hurt him but he has done worse, Venus" He's on his knees in front me, soon my cold hands are clasped in his warm ones, his fingers gently the back of my hand. "Ever since we were young he has hurt me and hurt me. Everyone in my family are savages we don't care about others feelings. Our hearts are stone cold." He stopped. 

"Blood is thicker than water?" He scoffs finding it ridiculous "Bull." his brows furrow in anger but his hands are still gentle to the touch.

"But what about your fiancé..." I ask with a shaky breath but before he can say anything I continue "You shouldn't be here" I pull out my hands from his grasp not caring about the loss of warmth.

"I don't care about her." he says with no emotion in his voice. He casually gets up from his knees.

"She's a " A sudden chill runs down my spine when he meets my eyes with a sadistic look. But that look is soon replaced with a much more familiar grin.

"I'll call you" he says with a smile that doesn't seem to reach his eyes, his hand reaches out to touch my cheek softly and I can't help but lean in. His arms embrace me in a tender hug much different than the others. "Venus" his minty breath fans over my neck as he whispers in my ear. My heart flutters at the way my name rolls of his tongue so smoothly. "Don't hate me". And in a instant he's out the door before I can even question his words. As soon as the the door clicks in place and a beep follows soon after, I release my breath that I hadn't realised I was holding all along. And for an unknown reason I crave for his warmth.

---------

"He really hates me."

 

DUN DUN DUN~ 

First of all i want to thanks everyone reading my story. I really appreciate you all taking a bit of time reading what I have written!

I actually had a lot of difficulty writing this chapter but I finally finished!

Baekhyun and Venus haven't really made a lot progress in terms of their 'relationship', but they have? I believe atleast Baekhyun as a character has. Also i don't want to rush this story so I am taking it slowly so at the end it doesn't end up looking like a mess.

BTW can anyone guess who this mysterious person is at the end of the chapter (and from the last chapter). And yes they have already been introduced in the story. :>

- Divi