Rule number 3 of seducing- Mixed signals

Seducing Byun Baekhyun

'♪ Hellllooooooo from the otherrrr sideeeeee, I must have called a thousand times...♪ '

I stir in my sleep not really wanting to wake up but my phone rings again and Adele's voice blares from the speakers of my phone in full volume at this moment I regret setting this ringtone. Finally my phone stops ringing and I immeaditely fall back asleep drifting off to dream land but this peace of silence is not for long when Adele's voice wakes me up again with a jolt, I groan in frustration and cry for the nth time truly this person has called me a thousand times. Not being able to take it anymore I lazily pull the duvet off me and reach for my phone which is on the bed side table. 

'♪ Helllloooooooo from the otherrrr sideeeeee-'

I cut off Adele's beautiful voice which is a tad bit annoying to me now. I swipe right and pick up the call without even looking at who's been blasting my phone off for the last thirty minutes. "Whoever you are you're currently ruining my beauty sleep you better pray to god because when i find you i will kill you" I threaten the person who's currently on the other end of the line without even worrying about them pressing charges against me, despite that they calmly lsiten to me before speaking up. "I know today is your day off but this is really important Mr Byun is visiting the office to see you his assistant contatced me forty minutes to say he'll be here in an hour and half  well now an hour!" I am quite for a minute just contemplating what Yoo Jung has just told me, on the other end of the line Yoo Jung is also silence because she knows I am about to freak out ladies and gents this is what we call the calm before the storm. "WHAT?! WHY IS HE VISITING ME ON A MONDAY OF ALL DAYS HE JUST DECIDES TO POP IN ON A MONDAY!... FORGET THAT WHY IS HE EVEN VISITING ME" I screech into Yoo Jung's ears through the phone and I am pretty sure I have popped her ear drums, I frantically get up from my warm cozy bed and rush to the bathroom. I am still on the phone to Yoo Jung and she advices me to not freak out but too late for that because I am going nuts right now, I brush my teeth and wash my face in a hurry before springing out of the bathroom to put on my running shoes I multi-task and grab my car keys, house keys, breakfast and my favourite pairs of Louboutin 'Hot chick 130 in black-red'. I am out the door in 3 minutes with a lot of objects in my hands, my elderly neighbour scolds me for getting up late in a very motherly manner but she fondly smiles at me a smile also etches on my face and I greet her good morning before dashing for the lift which was about to close. The three high school students in the lift look at me astonished as I am panting in front of them in a very un-lady like fashion, they all open their mouths to say something but I wave my hands in front of them to signal not to say anything  " So-yeon, Hyuk and Minho don't say anything if you're going to tease me " at my command they all close their mouths and I look back at them offended because they never have anything nice to say to me at my worst, my reaction makes them burst out laughing 'this is why i hate Mondays!' I turn around not wanting to look at their laughing faces anymore. After 15 painful seconds the lift finally comes to a stop on the lowest floor; The parking lot and I am out in a flash the three annoying spawns of the devil call out to me apologizing for laughing at my situation while still laughing but I heed them no attention and strut to my car.

With only 45 minutes to spare I grab my stuff out my car and run faster than Usain Bolt has ever ran from the parking lot to the ground floor, the receptionist at the front desk looks at me surprised obviously not expecting to see me in my pajamas, she gets out of her seat to come to my aid but I just shout at her to open the lift leading to the top floor which is in fact the 30th floor startled at my outburst she nervously fiddles around with the buttons and the doors to the lift opens with a 'Zing'  she sighs a heavy sigh and I shout out a thanks before proceeding to get inside the lift. I nervously tap my feet not being able to have much patience anymore when the doors open and Yoo Jung is standing there with some formal clothes for me to wear, she looks at me apologetically after noticing my bed hair which I bet will be very hard to untangle and the dark circles under my eyes look worse than any days. In a rush I harshly grab the things out of Yoo Jung's hands while she follows me like a lost puppy, once inside my office i begin to strip without having a care in the world if anyone sees me in my underwear. I go in to my bathroom to have a very quick shower and by quick i mean in 5 minutes i am out with a towel securely wrapped around my body, to get changed I press a button on a remote control and the white sleek walls open to reveal a enormous walk in closet. In 15 minutes i am out of the closet fully clothed and my hair dryed Yoo Jung patiently waits for me until i am seated at my desk and she does my makeup very quickly with her not so steady hands but right now I don't really care. I look in the mirror in front me and to be honest i am impressed by the makeup Yoo Jung has done with her nervous hands in such little time I give her a re-assuring smile and she dramatically falls back in her chair, a knock interrupts us and we both look at eachother as if knowing that Byun Baekhyun has arrived. "Ma'am, Mr. Byun Baekhyun is currently seated outisde your office shall i send him in?" I answer Soo Hyun my other assistant and the doors to my office open.

"Mr.Byun this is really a un expected visit, are you aware of that? " I accuse him for not informing me before hand also the trouble i had to go through to be not late, he is currently seated across fro me in a navy blue armani suit which I may shamelessly admit fits him so perfectly on his toned body. To my accusation he just laughs however I don't find this amusing at all and just stare at him blankly our assistants cough awkwardly and he stir's uncomfortably in his seat and doesn't make eye contact with me and I do admit I can be really intimidating sometimes. "I do apologize for showing up so unexpectedly-" he doesn't finish his sentence isntead looks at his assistant and motions him to bring something, there is confusion written all over my face and at what's going on right now I look at Yoo Jung but she looks back at me confused aswell. "Mr.Byun?..." He looks up to me with a boyish grin on his face and if i wasn't aware of what he's trying to do right now I would have completely swooned over his smile and fell right in his trap but oh no he's going to be the one to fall in my trap, I AM the Black Widow. 'I've brought something for you, I hope you don't mind". He shows me two gold earrings in the shape of a rose with diamonds embedded in the centre I look at him amazed not expecting such a gift only after knowing him for 2 weeks. I lean on my desk interwining my fingers and raise my eyebrows at him "Mr. Byun...I've heard rumors that you and Mr.Choi's daughter are going to be engaged soon". I fake a smile but his own smile falters I hear Yoo Jung snicker in the background at the sight of poor Baekhyun who just got rejected. "So you giving me this gift what does this mean for me?... I will be honest with you I won't be your mistress if that is your intention" He looks back at me his cheeks are flushed from embarrasment, the long forgotten blue velvet box is in his hands which he is clutching so tightly right now that his knuckles turn white and his eyebrows scrunch up with anger written all over his face. The air in my office is thick with tension everyone is on their edge curious about Byun Baekhyun's answer however I look at him with amusement evident in my eyes I expect him to get up and walk out of the door without any second glances but this is Byun Baekhyun he doesn't give up until you're captivated in his lethal charm. He still hasn't said anything eventually I get tired and rise from my chair which squeaks at the slight movement, he also does the same after a second or two his hoarse voice breaks the silence "What you've heard is correct Venus, I will also be honest with you I want you to be mine" Unlike before this time he looks at me with new found courage and I look at him surprised not being able to comprehend what he just said "Very well, If you show me you're the man i deserve I'll come to you willingly" At this his face immeaditely brightens up like a child who just got a toy he really wanted but might I remind you I am no toy to be played around with. "Well would you like to have dinner with me?" I 'think'  deeply about his offer but not wanting to humiliate him anymore I say yes to dinner.

"Mr. Byun I'll see you tonight then" He gets up from his seat and fixes his blazer before taking my hand in his big ones "Call me Baekhyun, Venus" 

"Okay Baekhyun" I call out his name huskily and his grip on my hands tighten at the mere sound of my voice, I smile concietedly but don't let it go noticed by him.

"Is this a date Venus?"

"It certianly is"

-----------