Rule number 6 of seducing- damsel in distress

Seducing Byun Baekhyun

Venus- Are you free today?

Mr.Softhands- Yes?

Venus- Okay, I was thinking if you would like to hang out?

 

Mr.Softhands- Yes

----------

 

I was bored in bed with nothing to do but just flip through the same old, boring channels like I do every saturday morning, however this morning I decided it was time to enjoy a saturday properly like everybody else. So I argued with myself for 5 minutes straight If I should actually go through with my 'brilliant' plan but this did come with me overthinking the situation, after having to lose to my conscience who is in fact always right, I sent through a risky message. I was quite nervous, no I was actually scared of him rejecting me but as soon as I sent that message an answer came right away . With a heavy sigh and determination, I take my warms covers off my body but  the chilling cold present in my apartment welcomes me with open arms. 

-------

She waits for him, ocasionally checking her wrist to see how long it has been, and every time she will sigh deeper. Tired of standing up for so long, she searches for a bench to rest for a short time, her phone buzzes and a familiar song plays out loud, in a frenzy she reaches in her coat pocket to receive the incoming call. There is a look of dissapointment on her face as she looks at the dimly lit screen "Hmmm what happened?" her voice so small and soft contrasts with the noises of the unusually busy park. A small smile comes upon her face but it soon erupts into a heartfelt laugh, her voice no longer small, is now clear and powerful "Okay Okay I'll stop laughing". The sun is high up in the sky even though it's the beginning of Winter, it feels as if summer has come to greet everyone for a day, to free them of the cold and bitterness that Winter brings at the end of the year. Some children are playing at the playground on the big red ship, imagining their own great adventures that are filled with innocence and thrill, a boy around the age of 6 shouts something very loudly but his commands are muffled out by the cheerful voices of the other children who are too excited and carefree to hear what he really has to say. Ignoring them all, he simply shrugs his shoulders and carries on with his own 'adventure'. Venus looks at the children with adoration in her eyes, but there is sorrow hidden in them something that she has gotten used to by now. 

'You don't need to explain yourself ' she didn't say a word to him but her eyes expressed everything for her when he walked over from across the street. She was angry, she had every right to be. It seems like she already knew the reason why he was late, everything about Byun Baekhyun gave it away, maybe that's why she didn't need an explanation. While she was waiting for him, he on the other was drowning in guilty pleasure to even think about anything, however when he closed his eyes an image of her came into his mind like in those cliché scenes, he didn't have to think twice before storming out leaving a very flustered woman in his hotel room. Byun Baekhyun questioned himself many times on why he always felt like this towards her, he wasn't dumb to these feelings but he had always been frightened, he saw people around him all fall to their knees before it and let it consume them ; poison that's what he calls it it can be so deadly for you but sometimes it brings you such bliss. 

They are walking in step, she's still ignoring him her cheeks puffed and red with cold or anger which one it is he doesn't know but she looks adorable in his eyes. He chuckles at this rare sight of her but straightens up when she narrows her eyes at him.

"Do you want to have lunch?" Venus doesn't look at him but fixates her eyes on the traffic lights instead, he hesitates to speak too shocked to even spurt out an answer.

"I-um-I" this time her gaze is fixed on him.

"Is that a yes or no?"  He just simply nods his head like a child would.

------------

"Venus, no!" his scream resonates through out the silent room and a few curious but annoyed heads pop out of their own booth to see who has disturbed the peace.

"Venus, yes!" and with a click of my finger I finish the game, victory clearly in my hands.

Baekhyun had tried to start up a conversation with me at lunch but failed ever so misreably when I would only answers with nods and simple 'hmmms'. I didn't know how  to feel, should I be angry? or should I be sad about the fact that he was with another woman. These thoughts raced through my mind than I thought, why would I be sad or angry? I am only here for buisness purposes to seduce Byun Baekhyun, there are obviously no feelings attached. I repeated this in my mind like a mantra trying to convince myself but I was still so dissapointed.

"One more game!" He proclaims as if he is setting out to go to war.

"You're going to lose again" And he did lose again, this was his 5th loss so far.

The look of defeat and embarrasment is cover his face and I almost feel bad for him...almost. "You can't beat someone who's on Level 30" I brag about my simple success we bicker back and forth for a few minutes, arguing on the most dumb things.

"I hate you for this" he says with a pout.

"I know you love me" I say in a sing-song voice, oblivious to my own teasing.

--------

"Before tonight is over, How about having some more fun?" a mischevious grin plays on his lips as he looks staright ahead at the poorly lit street. I on the other hand send him a dead look as if to say 'I've been out since 11 in the morning I am tired'. He holds my hand, tightly but gentley in his own, my heart trembles at the caring touch. I can tell he felt it too because has that stupid but cute smile on his face. It's fun to be with him.

Byun Baekhyun is difficult to understand, he's not a person with too many secrets but he is a secret himself. Everytime I get closer it seems as if I take several steps back. I hate him- no I don't hate him- neither do I like him or hate him. Although he is a person that should be hated but for some reason you can never bring yourself to despise him, yea you can curse all kind of profanity at him but you can never hate him. Because he is that kind of a person who pulls you back as soon as he pushes you away. Right at this moment I don't hate him. Why am I so...stupid?

"This morning was quite fun Baekhyun. You should have stayed for more" My knuckles turn white as she speaks, I know what she is trying to do. I can't help but let her speak. Baekhyun's hand tighten around mine, he is angry when he has no right to be, this is his doing after all. I struggle to take my hand out of his rigid grasp after realising what I am trying to do he looks at me in fear, his eyes plead so desperately for me to not go. He looks pathetic. 

---------

"Do I really look that lonely, Taehyung?" From my peripherial vision I can see him coming closer to me before finally sitting down on the rusty old bench, that is cold to the touch just like this night and people.

"You shouldn't be out here, it's dangerous" he doesn't answer my question but acts concerned for me. It was always fun to when he used to worry for no reason, but right now it's rather amusing to watch.

"I am assuming you knew about them two, right?" 

"I've known it for a while now. So-hye started acting too comfortable with him...everyone knew" his brows are furrowed is he sad?. No it's a defeated look.

"What's up with that look?-" my phone rings again and I can guess who it is without even looking at my phone. "-You don't love her anyway. It's buisness" I say with a humorless expression. As far as I know Kim Taehyung will never love her. "I lost to him...again" he lowers his head in his hands, ashamed to meet my eyes or anyone's at this point. In this distanced night you can only hear Taehyung's sobs. I don't say anything comforting or do anything to comfort him, I think my complete silence comforts him the most. To survive in this world you must sacrifice something, Kim Taehyung sold his soul to become the King in this game.

I crane my neck to look at the beautiful flickering lights of the ferris wheel that we were supposed to ride 2 hours ago, there are only a few people on it most of them are couples admiring seoul at night. A couple come out of the ferris wheel screaming and shouting gaining quite an audience in a short time, the strangers whisper to eachother passing judgemebtal comments about them both. I listen curiously as they both argue on how she is dressed. 'You're not allowed to wear that!'  finally having enough of him she storms out of the amusement park while he is left to be surronded by the crowd. Lost in my thoughts I didn't notice him besides me until he finally said something, instead of being surprised or angry i turn around to stare at him dead in the eye.

"Men are pathetic Baekhyun" A heavy silence soon follows neither one of us tear our gazes away from eachother.

"Are you implying that I am pathetic?" He says with such innocence in his voice but we all know he is far from innocent. I smile at him, it's not genuine, I am mocking him and he's aware of that.

"I am not implying anything...I am stating you're pathetic, it's a well known fact"

---------

"I know what happened, it's okay" I listen to her trying to comfort me but really all of those words are empty I am sure of that. 

"Let's not act like we're close" she stops rambling before laughing out loud clearly getting my point.

"I was wondering how long I had to act nice.