Preparations

My Guardian Angel

Yoonhae's POV

               "He's currently in this hospital. You can go see for yourself if you want." I sighed as I recalled his words. *Well, here goes nothing.* I thought as I stared at the name on the wall. I was about to slide the door open when someone beat me to it. "Oh, I'm sorry." I said as I stepped a side to give way. "Are you here to see my son?" asked the person. It was a lady who seemed to be in her early 40s.

 

               "You're from the same school as Minhyuk. So I assume you're here to visit him." she added. *Oh my. It's his mother.* I realised as I quickly stood straight and bowed. "Ah, yes. I'm Lee Yoonhae." I said. "Please take care of him. I need to leave for work." she informed. "Ah, yes. I will." I said with a nod. "Well, i'll take my leave first." she said. "Ah, yes. Have a good evening." I said as I bowed. She smiled and gave a nod before leaving. After she was out of sight, I turned around to face the door again. I took a deep breath before i slowly slide the door open and stepped in.

 

               My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. There he was, laid in bed with his eyes closed. I walked further until I stood by the bed side. *It really is him.* I thought as I stared at the figure. I then took a seat and placed my bag on the floor. As I stared at him, my hand slowly reached out for his face. As soon as my finger poked lightly at his cheek, I retreated my hand back. *It feels weird to see you physically here but I'm relieved and so happy at the same time to know you're still alive.* I thought as a smile crept on my face. *Now how am I suppose to tell you this?* I thought as I sighed and smile faltered.

 

 

Minhyuk's POV

               "Where is she?" I muttered as I looked at the clock. It's already 11pm and she should have been home by now. *Did something happen?* I thought anxiously as I chewed on my lower lip. *That's it. I'm gonna go look for her.* I thought as I got up to leave. I am now walking down the street she would normally take. I was reaching the convenience store when I spotted a familiar figure a distance away from me. *There she is.* I thought as I quickly walked towards her.

 

               "Where have you been young lady?" I said the moment I was in front of her. "Oh, Minhyuk ah. What are you doing here?" she asked with wide eyes. She probably didn't expect me to be here. "Looking for you and you didn't answer my question." I said with a frown. "Oh, uh. I was just coming back from a class discussion for an upcoming event." She replied. "Really?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "Yes, really. Let's go. I'm tired." she said as she continued walking quickly. *She's acting wierd.* I thought as I followed close.

 

Yoonhae's POV

               *I didn't expect him to come out all the way to look for me.* I thought as I was walking back home. When I reached home, mum was sitting at the couch reading a book. "You're still up?" I asked. "Mhmm. Where have you been?" she asked, looking up from her book. "School. I had a class discussion." I answered. "I see. Please inform me next time you're going to be late. Although I know you'll have a companion anyways." said mum as she muttered the last few words. *Companion?* I thought, confused at her words. I shrugged anyways and went up to my room.

 

               "You should've told me you were coming home late too. I got worried for nothing." said Minhyuk with a frown. "You got worried?" I teased. "W-well. You're the only one who can see me so if something happens to you I'd be alone again." he said while looking away as a blush appeared on his cheeks. My eyes widened at the sight and I felt myself blushing as well. "F-fine. I'll tell you the next time." I said as I adverted my eyes away from him. Just then, I recalled something. "Hey..." I started out which got his attention. "What would you do if you're still... Alive?" I asked carefully. His eyes widened as I got him off guard. "Well... I'm not sure." he said. "It'd be the same anyways." he said with a sad smile. *It'd be the same anyways? What does that mean?* I wondered.

 

               A few days later, the whole school was busy with preparations for the festival. "What's your class doing again?" asked Minhyuk who had decided to come along today. "A haunted house." I replied. "Hmm, not bad." he remarked as he looked around at the decorations. "Oh, we're out of coloured papers." said a classmate of mine. "Can someone help get some more please?" he asked. "I'll go get it." I said. "Oh, thank you." he said with a sheepish smile. I smiled back before heading out with Minhyuk follwing close. As I was heading to the art room, I was greeted by a few people with friendly hi and hellos. "You're quite popular huh?" said Minhyuk. "You only noticed now?" I said with a smirk. "Getting cocky now are we?" he replied with a chuckle.

 

               Soon enough, we reached the art room. I was about to open the door when someone beat me to it. "Oh, annyeong." I greeted as I see the familiar face in front of me. "Oh, annyeong Yooonhae-ssi." he greeted back. "Since when did you two know each other?" asked a confused Minhyuk. "Are you getting some stuffs here?" he asked. "Well, yes." I replied as I took a quick look at his name tag. *Yoo Kihyun* I said mentally. "What's your class doing?" he asked. "A haunted house. What about yours?" I asked. "A photo booth." he replied. "Pfft. That's so boring." said Minhyuk. *Aish, this guy.* I thought as I mentally glared at him. "Well then. I should get going and not waste your time either." he said as he moved out of the way. "See you around." he said before walking away.

 

               "Ok, can you answer my question now?" asked Minhyuk the moment Kihyun was out of sight. "We've only known each other recently." I replied. "Hmm, I see." he said. *Now where are those coloured papers?* I thought as I looked around. *Oh, there they are.* I thought as I spotted a stack at the top of the shelf. I tried to get it off but it was a little out of reach for me even after I tip-toed. "Here." said Minhyuk as he effortlessly took it off the shelf. "Oh, thank you..." I said as my voice trailed away. I had turned around to thank him but found myself directly infront of his neck. Minhyuk was also surprised by how close we were. My heart was pounding so loudly I was afraid he might actually hear it. 

 

               "Ahem, um h-here." said Minhyuk as he pushed the papers to me. "T-thank you." I said quietly as I looked away. "Well, um, we should get going." I said and quickly left the room. *Omg, that was so close.* I thought as I took deep breaths to calm myself down. Once I reached the classroom, decorations quickly continued and soon, our class was done. "We're finally done! Good job guys!" said one of my classmate. The rest cheered as we looked at the end results. "My my. It does look like an actual haunted house." said a voice. It was Mrs Jang who was standing by the door smilling proudly. "I can't wait to see how you guys will carry this out. I'm looking forward to it, good luck!" cheered Mrs Jang and left.

 

               "Now we just need to transform into scary ghosts and we'll do great!" said a classmate and everyone agreed. Soon enough, everyone packed up and went home. "I'm so excited for the event. It's going to be so much fun!" said Hyeju excitedly. "Calm down girl." I said as I giggled at how enthusiastic Hyeju was. "And you guys will have a real ghost as well." said Minhyuk with a smirk. I responded by returning the smirk. "Well then, see ya next week!" said Hyeju as we parted ways. I was about to continue walking when Hyeju turned to say something. "Oh, and don't forget to tell me how it goes tomorrow." said Hyeju with a teasing smile. "Ok, i will. Now go before you miss your bus." I replied. Finally she waved and left.

 

               "Tomorrow?" asked Minhyuk as he looked at me. "Yeah. I'm going to the library with Taeyong remember?" I replied. "Oh. Right." replied Minhyuk as he looked down. After that, he went quiet and didn't speak a word. *What's wrong with him?* I thought. Once I reached home, I had my dinner and was now in my room, picking out clothes for tomorrow.

 

               "Hmm, should I wear this one, or this?" I said to myself. "Minhyuk ah. This or this?" I asked as I turned to Minhyuk while holding the outfits on either hands. "Ya, you're just going there to study. It's not a date." said Minhyuk. "I know but I'm studying with my crush. Not just anyone. So I have to look my best too." I said. "Urgh. Whatever. That one." said Minhyuk. "Ok!" I said and placed it aside. Just then, my phone beeped. I looked to see that I recieved a text from Taeyong and quickly opened it.

 

               "Text me when you've reached tomorrow. I'll see you soon. (:" read the text. I smiled and quickly sent him a reply. *I'm meeting Taeyong tomorrow. Oh gosh, i'm so excited!* I thought as I let out a giggle. "Have you gone mad?" said Minhyuk. "What?" I asked. "You look scary standing, there smilling to yourself and giggling like a mad person." he said. "Yah. That's so rude." I replied with a frown. "But that's how I see it." chuckled Minhyuk. "Urgh, whatever. I'm gonna turn in for the night. I need my beauty sleep." I said with a smile and tucked myself in bed. "Annoying."

 

 

 

 

               That was the last thing i heard Minhyuk muttering to himself before I fell asleep. 

 


Updated!

 

Oh my gosh guys, I am really sorry it took me longer than I said I would update. I had been busy with school this week. Please forgive me. ><

 

Anyways, as I informed you guys on the previous post, I had went overseas so I shall write an author's note on it as requested. ^^

I shall post it together here so I'll make it short. Hehe.

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I had went overseas during the last few weeks of my vacation period. Guess which country I visited? 

 

It was none other than the motherland of Kpop itself. That's right, I visited Seoul! 

Source: https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohfFyUAtB2Hap9kg8/giphy.gif

 

I went there with my friends and we stayed for 5 days. 

 

On the first day, we arrived in the morning and after we had settled down in our guesthouse, we went out shopping at Namdaemun and Myeongdong! Let me tell you guys, there were a lot of shops and food stalls that we ended up hanging around there for around 7 hours.

 

Yes, that long. 

Source: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/6d/37/ae/6d37aec9a0e5c42a61ae97c40ac33ede.jpg

 

I don't really remember what we did on the second day, on the third day however, we went on the Kpop Star Road which was at Cheongdam area!

 

Well, that's what we planned but we were quite lost and confused and we only managed to visit JYP Entertaintment. When we reached the entertainment, we were surprised to see that there were camera crews outside the building! So we stuck around for a little while cause, who knows, we might be able to see some idols. Keke.

 

After waiting for around an hour, a black van (you know those idol vans) came and parked in the parking lot. By then, there were more people hovering outside, interested to see who it might be. Then the door slid open and a tall, model-like male (he was rather cute too) came out. I'm quite sure he wasn't any of JYP's artists but anyways, he seemed to be the talent for whatever the camera crew was recording for. I thought there would be someone from JYP who would be appearing in the recording but sadly, there wasn't. Huhuu. 

 

At the back of my minnd, I knew that I wasn't going to see any idols but I spotted 2 managers(I'm not sure if it was GOT7's or TWICE's managers) hanging around. Oh, by the way, I was sitting outside Dunkin Donuts which was right outside JYP Entertainment. I can tell that the artists there visited the store often by looking at all the signatures and pictures that were displayed. Anyways, the managers actually sat beside me and I overheard (ok fine, i was eavesdropping lolol) them saying, "They're still not done yet?" and "Their schedule is quite tight" something like that. I can understand Korean enough for me to know what they were talking about but i couldn't figure out which group they were referring to. During that period, GOT7 was still promoting Never Ever but i don't know haha.

 

It took me quite a while but I also noticed that there were another two of those black vans parked further back. Anyways, the recording of that model-like person ended soon enough and they were gone. However, the two managers and a few other company staffs were still there (and loud music can be heard playing somewhere inside the building). So I was quite sure that an idol group is inside. But it was getting late and the air was getting colder so we decided to leave.

 

To tell you guys the truth, it was my idea to go to Cheongdam because it was a the first Sunday of a new month. Which means JYP's monthly audition was held on that day. Yes, I meant to go for auditions. Besides, that was actually the main reason why I went to Seoul. It was always my dream to be a singer since young and me liking Kpop only makes it natural for me to want to become a performer just like my idols! Believe me, I was so determined that I had been practicing for this day for a few years. After those years of practice and dreaming, I finally had the chance to physically go for auditions!

 

But sadly enough for me, I came down with a really really bad cold and I lost my voice completely a day before the auditions. Like legit, it was hard for me to even talk as my throat would hurt. (Can you hear me crying?) Anyways, I couldn't even find the audition building but i found it when we were heading back to the subway station and the auditions were done by then. (Can you hear my heart breaking? Haha).

Source: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcrn8brvur1r3xzr3.gif / http://images.kpopstarz.com/data/images/full/141632/leehyori-gif.gif?w=600

 

That aside, we went to visit Gyeongbokgung Palace the next day and tried out the traditional Hanboks!

 

Source: http://tong.visitkorea.or.kr/cms/resource/42/1568042_image2_1.jpg

 

After that, we visited the Namsan Tower!

We took the bus from Myeongdong and then had to walk a little to reach the tower!

There we went up to the viewing area (idk what it's called lolol) where there were windows all around it and it states how far the different countries are located from the place itself! After that, we headed back to Myeongdong to do some last minute shopping and headed back home.

Source: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-C9eNhxFlJnA/VT-OS5JCZDI/AAAAAAAANg8/ebFBw9ZSLsA/s1600/nseoultower_07.jpg

 

Well, that was pretty much it for this trip. It was quite fun considering it's my first time and I know the third day was quite heartbreaking for me but it's ok! I'll be visitng Seoul again on my next vacation so maybe this time i'd have the chance to actually try it out? Hehe. If you guys have any questions, you can ask me on the comments section below. I'll be happy to answer. Hehe. Anyways, look forward to my next update!

Source: https://68.media.tumblr.com/f7ce1fae67a76875240492a631223a61/tumblr_om2ig3xT8k1vfk6sfo1_500.gif