A Touchable Ghost

My Guardian Angel

Yoonhae's POV

               I stared at him for a while before letting out a chuckle. *Yeah right. Ghost. Pfft.* I thought. "You don't actually believe me, do you?" he asked. "Well, duh. What, me talking to a ghost? Pfft. That's ridiculous!" I said as I let out another chuckle. "Really? Then how do you explain this?" he asked before vanishing into thin air. *What the-* I thought as my eyes widened. *Where did he go?* I thought as I looked around. "So?" I flinched the moment I felt a breath on my right ear. "Okay! Okay! I get it." I said as I put my hands up in surrender. *Since I can see and talk to dead, this must mean-* "I'm dead." I said. "What?" he said and frowned. "Well, since I can see you. I must be dead right?" I asked as I frowned. He stared at me for a moment before he suddenly laughs which makes me think that he's a maniac once again. "You're quite interesting, huh? You're not dead, airhead." he said as he continued laughing. I frowned and he stopped laughing once he saw my expression. "No, really. You're not dead." he said as a matter of fact.

 

               "Well, then I must be dying soon. Since people say that if you see ghosts, you're going to die soon." I said as I started feeling scared for myself. "What in the world are you- Ok, fine. Maybe, but you're not dead. Yet, at least." he said and I frowned once again. "What? I told you you're not dead but you keep trying to convince yourself that you're dying soon. So don't look at me like that." he said as his expression mirrored mine. "Fine. Then what do you want from me?" I asked. "Nothing. I just followed you cause you're the first person to ever see me after being like this for a long time." he replied. "How long is that?" I asked. I noticed his expression changing a little before he answered, "Well... About 2 or 3 years." he replied. "Hmm. How old are you then?" I continued. "19." he replied. "Oh, we're the same age." I said. "Really? How come you don't recognise me? I thought I was well known enough in school." he said. "Well, sorry to burst your bubble but I didn't even see you before." I replied adding a scoff at the end. 

 

               Before he could say something, there was a knock on the door which made me flinch. "Yes?" I called out. "Can I come in?" asked mum. I turned to look at him and he shrugged his shoulders. "Well, y-yeah. Sure." I said and the door opened. "What's up mum?" I asked as I tried not to sound awkward. "Well, I came to pass you some mail from this morning." she said as she held her hand out with an envelope. "Oh, thanks." I said as I took it from her. Mum was about to walk out when she paused and look at me again. *Please don't tell me she sees him.* I thought as I prayed mentally and body tensed up. "Who were you talking to by the way?" she asked. *Thank god, she can't see him.* I thought. "N-nobody. I was just talking to myself." I said and I heard a chuckle behind me. "Well, okay. Don't stay up late tonight alright?" she said. "I won't." I replied. She smiled as she shut the door.

 

               "Talking to yourself huh?" he mocked. "Shut up." I retorted as I rolled my eyes. "Well then. If you'll excuse me, can you please go away? I have work to do." I said as I went over to my desk to start my assignments. Before I started, I turned to see that he was already gone. *Good.* I thought. "This is so simple." said a voice which made me jump in my seat. "Oh my god! Can you not do that? I swear I can die from heart attack." I said as I look at him. He smirked before apologising. "Why are you still here? Can you go somewhere else please?" I said with a frown. "I have nowhere to go." he said softly which made me freeze. I slowly looked at him to see that he had a rather sad expression on. "Why not?" I asked carefully. "I don't even know where to go. Like you asked me earlier on, I'm lost." he said. *That's sad.* I thought. "Well, then. You can stay here since you have nowhere to go and it's cold out. I mean, I don't know if you'd even feel cold but since I'm kind enough, you can stay." I said as I started on my assignment.

 

               "Wow. That's very kind of you but... You're not scared what I might do to you?" he said with a smirk. "What? Even if you try to do something, it's not like you can-" I stopped as my arm accidentally brushed against his hand as I turned. "...touch me." I said as I finished my sentence. We stared at each other in shock before I spoke "I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU'RE A GHOST? HOW COME I CAN TOUCH YOU?" I exclaimed as I quickly moved away from him. "I DON'T KNOW." he exclaimed. He seemed equally surprised. "Okay, this is so weird. You better stay away from me! Don't even try to touch me." I said as I pointed my pen at him. "Don't worry, as much as I am surprised to know I can touch you, I won't." he said with a chuckle. I narrowed my eyes before i continued with my assignment.

 

-A while later-

 

               "Done!" I said as I stretched my arms. "Took you quite a while. That work was easy." he said. "Whatever." I retorted. I looked at the time to see that it was already half past 11pm. "I should go to bed. It's already late." I said as I kept my things. "Where do I sleep?" he asks. *Right. I forgot about that.* I thought as I went over to my closet. I took out a futon then laid it out beside my bed. I then took a pillow and passed it to him. "You can sleep here." I smiled as I got under the covers of my bed. "But the floor is cold." he said. "There's a blanket for you to keep warm so use it well." I said as I switch off the light and closed my eyes. He didn't seem to complain any further and I soon fell asleep. 

 

               "Yoonhae ah! What are you doing? It's time for lunch." said Hyeju. I open my eyes to see that everyone is leaving the class. "Did I fall asleep?" I asked as I got up and stretched. "Yeap. Were you  up late yesterday?" asked Hyeju. "I didn't get much sleep yesterday." I replied. "Why not?" she asked as her brows furrowed. "Well-" I was cut off as someone called out to me. "Taeyong? What is it?" I asked as my heart started beating fast. "Can we talk somewhere else? I have something to tell you." he said shyly. *Omg, is this what I think it is?* I thought as I can now hear my heart beating furiously. "Alright..." I said as I turned to Hyeju to tell her that I'll be joining her later.

 

               Turns out he was leading me to the school's garden. *Omg, is he really going to...?* I thought as my mind started going wild. He soon stop walking as we reached the middle of the garden. As he was about to turn around, a cold gush of wind suddenly hit me and the surroundings immediately turned cold. *W-what's happening? Why is it so cold all of a sudden?* I thought as I hugged myself to stay warm. However, it was no use as the air got colder and colder and the warmth was escaping my body. It got too cold to the point where I was shivering and had difficulties breathing. Soon, another gush of cold wind hit me making me gasp for air.

 

               *What the-* I thought as I found myself in my room when I opened my eyes. It soon hit me that it was a dream. However, it was still cold. I look down to see that my thick blanket was gone. *Where did my- Aish, this guy.* I frowned as it turns out that my blanket was wrapped tightly around the figure that was lying on the floor. He probably pulled my blanket as I was sleeping. *Is the floor that cold?* I thought as I placed my feet on the floor find out. *Oh my, it is cold!* I thought as I gasped. *So does he expect me to freeze to death?* I thought as I frowned. 

 

               I then got down to the floor slowly and tried to pull my blaket off him. *Let..go.. of my..blank-* my thoughts were cut off as he pulled the blanket back to him. *Fine.* I thought as I got ready to pull again. This time, I pulled harder but to my surprise, his grip was quite firm despite being asleep. Even so, I kept on pulling until i had to take a break. *How does he manage to grip this so firmly?* I thought as I gasped for air. *Okay, one last pull.* I thought as I got ready to pull again. Honestly, it was really hard to get it off him. *Omg, let g-* my thoughts were cut off as he pulled the blanket back twice as hard, pulling me along with it.

 

              *Okay... Now what am I suppose to do?* I thought as I found myself in his arms. I then tried to push myself off him but he pulled me back and wrapped his arms tighter around me. "So warm..." he mumbled as he nuzzled his face on my head. I then looked up to see his sleeping face right in front of me. My eyes widened as my heart started to beat faster. I must admit though, he still looks as good looking even in his sleep. I snapped out of my thoughts and tried wriggling out but to no avail as his grip was really tight. *How am I suppose to sleep now?* I thought as I sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

               But soon enough, I fell asleep.

 


Updated!

 

Hey guys! I'm so sorry it took so long to update this fanfic. I'm busy with finals these days but not to worry! My finals are ending soon, so that means I will be able to update more often! :D

 

I'll probably be able to update this fanfic again next week onwards so do look out for it!

Do subscribe so you'll be informed of new updates! Hehehe! 

Source: http://data.whicdn.com/images/205589245/large.gif