Campfire of Confession

My Guardian Angel

Yoonhae's POV

               "Did you see that person's face? It was so funny!" said Hyeju as she laughed uncontrollably. "Calm down, calm down." I said as I giggled at her reaction. Our class has just finished the first half of the festival and now we're having a break but I'm done for the day as someone else will be taking over my spot and I have already changed out of my costume.

               "Ehem, it seems your date is here." said Hyeju as she nudged me by the shoulder. I turned around to see Taeyong walking towards me. "Hey." he said. "Hey." I replied with a smile. "Well, then. I guess I'll see you later." said Hyeju and walked away. Not before sneeking a smug face at me. "So, where do you wanna go first?" asked Taeyong as he looked at me. "Hmm... I'm kinda hungry. How about we go to the food stalls?" I suggested. "Ok, I'm hungry too." said Taeyong with a smile. *So cute.* I thought as I started walking. The food stalls are all at the school's lobby so we went down.

               "Wow, there's so many food here!" I exclaimed as I looked around at the different stalls. I was really hungry and I almost drooled looking at all the food. Just then, I heard a chuckle. I turned to see Taeyong smiling at me. "What?" I wondered. "Nothing. You're so cute when you're hungry." he said as he let out another chuckle and headed towards a stall. *Did he just call me cute? Me, cute?* I thought as I felt myself blush. "Yoonhae ah. Why are you standing there? Come here." Taeyong called out. I snapped out of my thoughts and quickly went over to him. "Sorry." I said sheepishly. "It's ok. Do you want some tteokbokki?" asked Taeyong. "I'd love to. It looks delicious." I said with a wide smile. Taeyong chuckled again and bought a cup of it.

               "Here." he said as he handed me the cup of tteokbokki. "Thanks." I smiled happily as I took it. I grabbed a stick and poked into one. "This is so delicious. Omg." I said as I took a bite. I was chewing when I heard Taeyong chuckling. I turned to see him giggling while looking at me. *Is something on my face?* I thought. "You've got some sauce here." said Taeyong as he reached over and swiped his thumb over the corner of my lip. "There." he said as he wiped his thumb and smiled at me. "T-thank you." I said as I covered my mouth and blushed. *Omg. I can't believe that just happened!* I thought as I fangirled mentally. After that, we continued walking around and finally decided to take a rest. "Wait here. I'll buy us some drinks." he said as he walked away. *He's so sweet...* I thought as I smiled to myself while watching Taeyong's retreating figure.

               "How sweet." said a voice. "Omg! Don't scare me like that!" I said as I let out a small shriek. Minhyuk was suddenly beside me. *How did he even know where I was?* I wondered as I looked at him. "Having fun walking around with your crush?" he asked out of the blue. "Erm, kinda." I replied. "I see." he replied with a nod. "Are you going to be with him during the campfire?" he asked. *Why is he asking about the campfire? What's with all these sudden questions?* I thought. He really was acting wierd since... cough, the classroom. "I don't know? I mean, I actually planned to go with Hyeju." I replied. "Oh, so he hasn't asked you yet?" Minhyuk asked in a quick manner and he seemed relieved in a way. "No? Why are you asking?" I asked in curiosity. 

               "Because I want you to see me before the campfire." he stated. "W-what?" I asked nervously. "Since you're already walking around the festival with him, it's only fair to be with me afterwards." he replied as he crossed his arms. *Why does it seem like his reply is rather childish.* I thought as I held back a giggle. "I'll wait for you in the classroom." he said. Before I could reply, someone called out to me. I turned to see Taeyong walking towards me. I turned back around to see Minhyuk was gone. *But why does he want to meet me?* I wondered.

               "What's wrong?" asked Taeyong. "Oh? Nothing. Thanks for the drink." I said with a smile. Taeyong smiled as he took a seat beside me. "Did you enjoy the festival?" he asked. "Yeap. It was fun." I replied. "Good." said Taeyong as a small smile played on his lip. As I took another sip, Taeyong turned towards me. "Would you like to see the campfire with me?" asked Taeyong which caught me off guard and choke on the water. Thankfully I didn't spit it out.

               "Are you ok?" asked Taeyong as he patted my back. "I-I'm fine." replied as I stopped coughing. "So... Would you see the campfire with me?" Taeyong asked again as he looked into my eyes. *Omg, I can't look away.* I said mentally as our eyes locked. He was looking straight at me, how am I supposed to look away? "Well you see-" I started as someone cut me off. 

               "Taeyong ah! We need your help with something." said a classmate. "Ah, ok! I'll see you during the campfire." said Taeyong before leaving. "W-wait." I was about to call him out but he had already turned the corner. *What should I do?* I thought as I bit my lip. 

 

-1 hour later-

 

               "Ok, good job guys! We're finally done!" said Mrs Jang as everyone cheered. "Now you guys should change into something comfortable and get ready for the campfire. See you guys!" said Mrs Jang as she smiled and left. I was walking to the toilet with Hyeju when she turned to look at me. "So, it seems you already have someone to see the campfire with huh." said Hyeju with a smirk. "Huh?" I said. "Taeyong asked to see the campfire together didn't he? I'm so excited for you!" said Hyeju as she smiled and clapped. "Well, I don't know..." I said with uncertainty. "What do you mean? Of course you should see it with him! You can finally tell him your feelings!" said Hyeju and I showed a small smile.

               After Hyeju had change her clothes, we headed towards the school's courtyard where everyone was gathering. "Good luck." whispered Hyeju all of a sudden before leaving me alone. "Wait what-" I said in confusion. Just then, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Taeyong looking at me with a smile. "Hi." he said. "Hi." I replied. "So, the campfire's about to start huh." he said as he turned look at the students trying to start up a fire. "Yeah. I guess." I replied. 

               Just then, the principal got up the small stage. "Hello, everyone! Did you guys have fun during the festival?" asked the principal. Everyone responded positively. As the principal continued talking, I suddenly recalled something. "I'll wait for you in the classroom." *Sigh. What should I do?* I sighed as I glanced up at the classroom block. "What's wrong?" asked Taeyong as he looked at me. "Nothing." I said quickly and smiled. I don't know why but I really have a strong urge to see Minhyuk like he asked me to. However, at the same time, I feel bad for Taeyong. *What should I do? What should I do?* I thought frantically as I bit my lip.

               "Ok, just give us a moment as we try to get the fire started." said the principal and everyone started chattering. After pondering for a while, I finally made my decision. "Taeyong, I'm sorry but I think I left something in the classroom. I'll be right back." I said. "Ok." Taeyong replied with a nod and I quickly ran into the school block. I was already panting as I was reaching my classroom. I stopped for a while to catch my breath before I continued walking. When I reached the door of my classroom, I saw a familiar figure standing by the window. It was Minhyuk, looking out to the courtyard. I took a deep breath before entering the classroom.

               "Minhyuk ah." I called out to him as I walked in. "Oh, you're here." he said as he turned to look at me. I continued walking until I was beside him. "Why did you want to meet me?" I asked. "I just thought it'd be lonely to watch the campfire alone." he said. "Well, you could've joined me at the courtyard." I said. "It'd be meaningless if I did." he said. *What is he talking about?* I thought. "What do mean?" I asked as I looked at him. "I want to see the campfire with just you." he said softly. *What?* I thought as my eyes widened.

               Minhyuk let out a sigh before turning to look at me. "The truth is, I been doubting and denying myself of all these wierd things that's been happening to me. I even swore to myself that I wouldn't let this happen again but the more I deny it, the more it gets worse." he said. "What are you talking about?" I said nervously. By this moment, my heart was already pounding hard against my chest with his words. Minhyuk looked at the floor and took a deep breath before looking at me straight in the eye.

               "I think I have feelings for you." said Minhyuk and I let out a gasp.

 

 

 

 

               At that moment, the dark classroom was slowly brightened up by the campfire that seemed to light up brightly with it's flames dancing against the night sky.

 


Updated!

 

Ohoho, Minhyukie finally confessed! Wonder how Yoonhae's going to react?

What do you guys think? Nyehet.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/AssuredUnrealisticIndigowingedparrot.gif