The School Festival

My Guardian Angel

Yoonhae's POV

               Yesterday went by in a blink of an eye and today is the day of the school's festival. It's only 8am and most of the students are already in school, doing last minute checks. I'm currently with Hyeju, checking on the props. "Ok, it seems that everything's fine." said Hyeju and I nodded. "Omg, I can't wait to open our class and start scaring people." she said and let out an evil laugh to which I laughed along. "And you must be looking forward to the end of the festival huh?" she said as she nudged me playfully. "Huh?" I replied, looking at her in confusion. "Haven't you heard? They say we're having a big campfire at the school's courtyard at the end of the festival." she informed and I shook my head.

               Hyeju sighed, "There's going to be one and that's when many people confess their love." she said. "Ok. So?" I replied, still not getting her message. Hyeju frowned, "They say, if you confess to the person you like during the campfire, things will go well from then. So, why not take this chance to confess to Taeyong?" she said with a knowing smile. "Hold up. There's no way I'm going to do that. It's too sudden!" I said with a frown. "I know, I know. But why not just take the chance? Or who knows, you might be the one to receive a confession instead." she smirked. "No way is that gonna happen." I replied while shaking my head in amusement.

               "You can't say right?" she shrugged. Just then, someone called for her. "Opps, catch you later!" she said as she went off. *This girl.* I thought as I smiled in amusement. *Now, where's he at?* I thought as I looked around. I then stucked my head out the door and looked left. *There he is.* I thought as I slowly walked towards him. He was standing outside his class, looking at his classmates preparing for the festival. He seemed to not notice me yet. I looked closely at his face and I noticed that he looked rather sad and nostalgic. Somehow, it broke my heart to see him like that. "Hey, you ok?" I asked softly as I placed a hand on his shoulder. Minhyuk seemed to flinch before turning to look at me.

               "Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm just, you know, looking." he said. "Are you sure?" I asked again. "Yeah." he smiled. He then looked behind me and his smile faltered. *What's he looking at?* I thought as I looked behind. "Hey." greeted Taeyong. "Oh, hey." I replied with a smile. "What are you doing?" he asked. "Hmm? I was just..." I glanced behind to see Minhyuk had already disappeared. "Looking." I said, completing my sentence. "I see." said Taeyong with a nod.

               "Well, um. About later..." he started. "Later?" I asked, confused. "Erm, would you like to walk around the festival together?" he asked as he rubbed his nape. *What.* I thought as my eyes widened in surprise. "W-well, yeah. Sure!" I replied, smiling widely. "Great. I'll see you later then." he said with a smile before leaving.

               *Omg. What just happened? What was that? Omg omg omg!* I thought as I fangirled mentally. "What were you guys talking about?" asked a voice. I turned to my side to see Minhyuk looking at me. "Oh, well nothing much." I replied. "Well, that 'nothing much' seemed to make you smile like an idiot." he said with a scoff. "Was I really smiling like one?" I asked with wide eyes to which he nodded. *So embarrassing!* I thought as I mentally facepalmed myself. Just then I heard Minhyuk sighing softly. 

                "Is something wrong?" I asked as I looked at him. "Nothing." he replied as he turned and entered my classroom. *Hmm.* I thought as I shurgged.

 

-A few hours later-

 

               "There. You're done." said Hyeju as she smiled at me. I then turned to look at myself in the mirror. "Wow." I said as I looked at myself. For this festival, I dressed up as a vampire. "You know, I tried to make you look scary but you still look pretty. Urgh." she grunted. "You look great in that dress by the way." she added and I smiled. "Thanks. You look awesome yourself." I replied. "Yeah, i know right. A y devil. Rawr." she said to which I laughed at. "You know, there's someone else dressed as a vampire too." she said with smirk. "Huh, who?" I asked. Hyeju was about to say something when she made a quick glance behind my back and quickly excused herself. *What's wrong with her?* I thought.

               "You look good in that dress." said a voice. I turned around to see Taeyong who seemed to be dressed as a vampire as well. *Oh, my.* I thought as stared at him. Let me tell you, he looked bloodsuckingly good. (Writer-nim: Sorry, I don't know how else to express his looks lolol.)  "O-oh. Right back at you." I replied trying not to sound awkward. "I didn't know you'd be dressed as a vampire too." I said. "Oh, well. Hyeju kinda just told me to change into the costume she gave me so yeah." he informed. *That little b- Urgh.* I thought as I mentally cursed her. Just then Mrs Jang came into the class.

               "Oh my! Look at everyone all dressed up." she exclaimed as she looked around in amazement. "I can't wait to see how well you guys are going to do. Have fun and see you guys during the campfire!" she said and left. I glanced at the clock to see that it is already 10:55am and the festival's going to start in 5 minutes. "Ok guys, let's do our best!" cheered Hyeju along with the other classmates. "Ya, get into your position." said Hyeju as she walked by me. "Ok. Oh, and you better get yourself ready later." I said with a playful glare as I went to my hideout. *Where's Minhyuk though?* I wondered as I looked around.

               "Boo." said a voice from behind which made me let out a small shriek. "Ya! Don't scare me like that!" I said softly but sternly while glaring at the figure behind me. "What, me not being near you, scares you?" he smirks. "Pfft. In your dreams." I replied and he let out a chuckle. "Anyway, you look good." he complimented which caught me off guard. "T-thanks." I replied as I quickly turned around to hide my blushing face. 

               "Ok, people are coming so we're gonna start now. Let's have fun guys!" exclaimed a classmate as she closed the curtains and the classroom immediately went dark. "Oho, this is exciting." said Minhyuk and I blushed at how close we were. I could literally feel his breath tickling my ear. "You ok? You're kinda tense." said Minhyuk as he leaned over to peer at my face. At the same time, I turned my head slightly towards him only to find our faces just inches away from each other. The moment my eyes locked with his, it was as if time stopped moving and I swear he looked really handsome up close. Just then, I noticed Minhyuk slowly leaning in and my eyes widened as I froze in place. I saw his eyes flickered down to my lips as he was leaning in and I held my breath.

               Suddenly, a loud shriek was heard which caused both of us to move away from each other. Then there was an awkward air that lasted a few seconds before Minhyuk broke it. "Well, erm. I'll go check out my class for a bit." he said and quickly left. *Was he about to...* I thought as I recalled what happened seconds ago and blushed hard.

 

Minhyuk's POV

               The moment I left, I took a deep breath in to calm myself. However, that was of no use because the scene that happened seconds ago replayed in my mind. *Omg, what was I thinking? Omg omg omg.* I thought as I mentally facepalmed. "Now she'll think I'm wierd. Aish." I muttered and ruffled my hair in frustration. I then started walking towards my classroom to see how they're doing. As I was walking, I saw Taeyong with another classmate and overhead their conversation by chance.

               "So you're going to walk around together later huh?" said the classmate. "Yeah. I asked her earlier on and she agreed." replied Taeyong with a shy smile. *So that's what she was all smiley for.* I thought as I sighed. I was about to continue walking when the next words spoken froze me in my track.

 

 

 

 

               *I'm not gonna let that happen.*

 


Updated!

 

I'm so sorry for not updating last week. I went out on the day I planned to update huhuu.

Anyway, what do you guys think Minhyuk overheard? Find out in the next chapter!

Source: https://68.media.tumblr.com/eeb51bccf0f4c7b0299e41a37396ae84/tumblr_inline_np5bgor11B1tusze5_500.gif