Wish Upon a Star

My Guardian Angel

Yoonhae’s POV

                “Aljanha neol gyeokhage akkindaneun geol jamkkanman nun gamado buranhadan geol~” I groaned as I heard my alarm going off. However, I have no thoughts of getting up yet. *The song’s too nice anyways* I thought as I closed my eyes again and continued listening to the song. “Mwoga jotago neon haemakge utgo isseo~ Eotteoke neon eotteoke haeya dwae~ Nege wanjeonhi ppajin-” As soon as the song stopped, I felt a slap on my leg.

 

               “Get up.” said a voice. “Ah, eomma. I’m already awake. I was just listening to the song. Tsk.” I whined as I rubbed the spot that she slapped. “Yeah. Continue listening and it’ll put you right back to sleep. Aigoo.” said mum as she drew the curtains, allowing the sun to brightly light up my room. “Go shower now and get ready for school.” she said and left the room. “Mmmrgh.” I let out as I stretched then got up and headed to the bathroom.

 

                “Nae modeungeol da all in all in neoreul gajil su itdamyeon nan mwodeunji da hae~” I sang as I combed my hair. “Naui momgwa mam da georeo, nae sigangwa don da georeo~” I sang whole heartedly with dramatic hand gestures and the hair brush as my microphone. “Ok, all set. Hehe.” I smiled as I looked at myself in the mirror. I then grabbed my bag and went down for breakfast.

 

                “Morning, appa.” I greeted sweetly as I reached the dining room. “Morning, princess.” replied dad with a smile as he looked up from the newspaper he was reading. “Sit and eat your breakfast.” said mum. “Jal meokkesseumnida.” I said before I began eating. “So you’re going to graduate soon. How do you feel about that?” asked mum. “Hmm… I don’t know. Kinda have mixed feelings about that.” I replied. “Well, just do your best so you’ll be satisfied with the outcome.” said dad. “Ne, appa.” I replied with a smile. After I finished eating, I set off for school.

 

 

-At school-

 

 

                I reached school about 5 minutes ago and was rather early so I am currently reading a book to kill time. “Good morning, pretty!” greeted a cheerful voice. “Morning, Hyeju.” I greeted back without looking. I didn’t even have to look as that voice could only be hers. “So…” she started as she scooted her seat closer to mine. “What?” I said. “We’re graduating this year. Any thoughts of confessing?” she snickered to which I shot a glare at. “You know I can’t do something like that.” I hissed in a low voice.

 

               “Ah, wae? This is going to be your one and only shot. Besides, there’s prom too. So you should give it a try.” she suggested. “And what if he doesn’t like me back and rejects me? That’d be so embarrassing!” I said. “Well, at least you tried right? That way you wouldn’t regret and not go all i-wonder-what-would’ve-happened-if-told-him after you graduate.” she said. “And who knows… He might feel the same way too, you know.” she added. I stared at her for a while then continued reading. *She’s right though…* I thought as I bit my lip.

 

 

-After school-

 

 

               “Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow then. Bye!” said Hyeju as we parted ways. School was ok today and had already end half an hour ago. After a few minutes of walking, I finally reached home. “I’m home.” I said as I stepped in. “Welcome home. How was school today?” asked mum. “School was normal.” I replied. “I see. Go on and take a shower. Dinner will be ready soon.” said mum. I nodded and did as told.

 

               “Dinner was delicious mum. My tummy’s so full right now.” I giggled as I rubbed my stomach. “Aigoo. You shouldn’t eat till you’re full. Don’t complain if you get a stomach ache later.” she said. After dinner, I went up to my room. I had been doing some reading for a while and decided to take a rest. As I stretched, my eyes landed on the calendar that was on my desk. I flipped a few pages and a particular date that was highlighted caught my attention. It was the date of the final year’s school prom. *Confess huh…* I thought with a sigh. I then got up and went out to my balcony for some air.

 

               The night sky was especially pretty tonight. It was decorated with many stars twinkling every now and then. “Ah, wae? This is going to be your one and only shot. Besides, there’s prom too. So you should give it a try.” I let out a sigh as I recalled Hyeju’s words from this morning. “How am I even supposed to confess? It’s easier said than done.” I said to myself. Just then, one star twinkled brightly that I couldn’t help but reach my hand out to it. *Looking at it twinkle brightly like that it’s as though it’s encouraging me to make a wish.* I thought as I blinked inquisitively.

 

               I took a deep breath as I slowly closed my eyes and put my hands together in front of me. *If guardian angels are real… Please help me give courage to confess my feelings towards this boy I have been crushing on.* I squeezed my hands as I made that quiet wish. When I opened my eyes again, my eyes widened as I see the star that I made a wish to seemed to twinkle brighter. It somehow gave me the impression that it actually heard my wish and that made me weirdly happy on the inside. I smiled up at it before heading back in for bed.

 

 

 

 

 

               Little did she know, her wish was just about to come true.

 


Updated!

 

 

 

So 2nd chapter is up. What did you guys think of it? Do leave comments below!

Okay, it's probably obvious but who do you guys think Yoonhae has a crush on? Kekeke.

 

 

 

So a new character appeared in this chapter and it's Yoonhae's best friend, Ryu Hyeju!

As in this chapter, she's someone who is outgoing and friendly. She's been Yoonhae's best friend since middle school! So she pretty much knows everything about Yoonhae. They are like sisters after all~

 

 

 

Lyrics/songs mentioned in this chapter:

Monsta X - All in and Stuck

 

 

 

Time for some gif spam. When I say spam, i really mean spam spam. You have been warned. Kekeke.

It's all Monsta X for this 1st spam episode btw. Hehe.

Leggo.

 

 

 

All In 

 

 

 

Stuck

 

 

 

Let's put in some beautiful individual shots.

 

 

 

Now for some bonus round. Prepare yourself. Mwehehehe *smirk*

 

 

 

 

 

 

Okay okay, I should stop myself before I get out of hand. Heheheh.

Anyways, look forward for the next chapter and don't forget to leave comments down below!

 

 

 

Peace out!

 

 


Credits to the right owners.