Finale

Broken Halos and Mended hearts

I stood up and felt my wings unfurl themselves behind me, it felt so strange to have them back after so long that I didn't really know how to react and the fact that it seemed that Sya had to die for me to get them back made it worse. 
Why should losing her mean that I get them back?
'Because you chose to try and save me rather than kill me. It's what they were looking for, we were brought together for a reason Tao' she said...inside my head...which meant...
I lifted her up 'Sya? Sya open your eyes, stay with me' nothing happened 'no, this isn't happening...IT'S NOT FAIR!' I shouted.
...
I woke up in a completely white room.
'Cliche much?' I muttered to myself.
'Hello Sya and welcome' a voice behind me said, I raised my eyebrow.
'Welcome to where exactly?' I asked.
'Some call it heaven, you can call it whatever you wish' he replied.
'So did I really die?' I thought of my mom and sister, we'd argued...this had all happened in my house...she was going to find my body, I felt a tear roll down my cheek.
I'm sorry for your loss'
I sniffed 'isn't that what's meant to be said to those left behind?'
'Usually but it works both ways. I'll leave you to settle in' and then I was alone again.

I sat down on the bed. Where was Tao? Was he here somehwere too? I had to find him.
As I stood up, there was a knock at the door.
'Come in' I said nervously and Tao opened the door 'thank God' I breathed and wrapped my arms around him, he kissed the top of my head.
'Your mom knows' he said quietly 'do you wanna see?' I shook my head 'I thought not'
'I wish we didn't fight' I mumbled into his chest.
'She knows that too. Everything's alroght Sya, I promise' he said.
'I believe you' I replied and kissed him.
'You can visit her still'
'Maybe some time, not yet' I said.
'That's fair enough'

So it turns put that heaven was real after all and my heaven was being with Tao and it would be hell without him.
My family would miss me but they would be okay eventually and I could still see them, but I'd have to be in their dreams, seeing a real spirit would freak them out too much.
But this was better than nothing at all.
And in a weird way, things had worked out well, sure I might be dead but I'd never felt more alive.
It was on to the next chapter of my new life



THE END