One

Broken Halos and Mended hearts

I was never really religious and didn't really believe in some sort of higher power. My parents on the other hand were and had sent me to a Catholic school in order to 'straighten' me out. My Grandma had even said that I had the devil in me.
Angels and demons. Heaven and Hell. In my opinion it was all rubbish, there were good and bad people in the worls but it wasn't all black and white, more sort of a blurred grey colour that you couldn't always place into a certain catergory, you could try, but it would never work.
That's what I loved about the world, the fact that not everything could be explained. It left things more open and exciting, like a new adventure could happen every day.
That's how I wanted to live my life and I would do so without fear.....
Tao always had perfect timing right from the start.

'Mom I'm going out!' I called as I was basically out the door.
'Be back in time for food' she called back as it clicked shut behind me. I was an adult, I didn't need her to be telling me when to come back.
'If you're so grown up, move out' my mom's voice rang in my brain. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I turned down an alleyway.
'What on Earth?' In front of me lying on the ground was a boy about my age. I walked over to him, his eyes were shut.
'E-excuse me?' I said kneeling down 'a'-are you alright? Shall I call someone?'
'I don't think that would help really' he replied suddenly, his eyes still closed.
'Are you hurt at all?' he opened his eyes and sat up.
'Nothing that can't fix itself' he smiled and looked up. 'the landing is much harder without them' he muttered.
'Without what?' I asked confused.
'Huh, oh nothing. Never mind' he said.
'Okay then...' he was acting very strange, perhaps he'd bumped his head. He stood up and held out his hand.
'My name is Zitao. It's nice to meet you'
'Nice to meet you too' I took his hand, should I tell him my name? I shrugged 'I'm Sya' I replied.
'What a pretty name, means summertime I believe' 
'I think so, I mean I was born in August so it's possible'
'It's lovely, it suits you'
I blushed 't-thank you' he laughed.
'You're very welcome'

'So I haven't seen you around before, you new to the area?' I asked.
'You could say that, yeah' he said.
'Well where do you live?'
'No where' I frowned at him.
'What do you mean no where?'
'I mean that I don't live here...or anywhere...hmm, this could be a problem' he paused.
'I think we should have taken you to the hospital'
'Why's that?' he asked confused.
'Because you're clearly dillusional, you must have hit you head' he laughed 'what's so funny?'
'Nothing, don't worry'
'Tell me!' I demanded.
'If I told you, you wouldn't believe me'
'Well then, try me' he rolled his eyes.
'We just met, I'm not telling you anything' he patted my head and walked away humming to himself.
I didn't care any more, the guy was clearly a nutcase.
It was best not to get invloved.
Or so I thought...