2nd chances

Yoona's Randomly Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

A beautiful morning dawned, and a couple sat in a cafe for breakfast, ready to discuss their wedding plans. The tall guy gazed at his fiancée, causing her to blush.

 

"Yah! Why are you staring at me like that?" She asked, playfully rolling her eyes, though secretly delighted.

 

He smiled and shook his head. "Wae? Don't you like it?" He said with a mock pout, prompting his fiancée to pinch his cheeks.

 

"Yah! Ok Taecyeon! Stop being so cute, okay?!"

 

Taecyeon chuckled and gently held Jessica's hands. "I'm sorry, Jessica Jung, but this Ok Taecyeon is just head over heels in love with you." Taecyeon smiled and kissed Jessica's hand.

 

Jessica sweetly smiled back at him and nodded. "I love you."

 

"I love you too." They locked eyes, smiles lighting up their faces.

 

"Anyway, what would you like to eat right now?" He asked as Jessica perused the menu.

 

"I'd like to order some Blueberry cheesecake and a mocha coffee." She decided, setting the menu down.

 

"Alright, wait for me here. I'm just going to place the order." She nodded, and Taecyeon headed to the counter.

 

---

"Aish! You said she'd pass by here at 7, but where is she now?! You made me wake up at 6 in the morning and all I get is disappointment," complained the tall girl with brown hair to her friend, as they sat under the tree in the park, eagerly searching for someone.

 

"Shhhh! Don't complain... Ah, I see her! She's coming this way. Get ready," her friend whispered, straightening up and making sure they both looked their best.

 

"Oh my God! Krystal Jung, I've seen her, she's on her way."

 

"Just shut up Choi Sully!" Sully quickly closed and they both fixated on the person they had been waiting for almost an hour.

 

----

A girl with doe-like eyes had just finished her morning jog and was on her way home when she spotted two girls sitting under a tree.

 

She smiled and headed toward them. "Hi to you two!" She greeted them warmly, and the two blushed.

 

"H-hi.. Ms. Im," they stammered, bowing to her.

 

The girl with doe-like eyes chuckled. "No need to be so formal when we're not at the office, okay?"

 

"But Ms. Im, you're our boss."

 

"I know. But we're also friends, right? So please don't make me feel old. I'm still young, you know. Anyway, I'm going now. I'll see you two at the office. Take care." With that, she patted the heads of the two girls and walked away, leaving Krystal and Sulli beaming with joy.

 

"Oh God! She said she's our friend! And she patted our heads!"

 

"Yeah, I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die!" The two squealed, continuing to jump for joy.

 

---

"Their cake was delicious," Jessica remarked, taking another spoonful.

 

"Yeah, it is. That's why I brought you here to the cafe," Taecyeon replied. He grew concerned when he noticed Jessica's distant expression.

 

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked, but received no response. He followed her gaze to the front door, his own eyes widening in surprise.

 

"That's Yoona, right?" Taecyeon asked, turning back to Jessica.

 

"Hmmm, y-yeah," Jessica stammered, feeling a mix of emotions she couldn't quite place.

 

Taecyeon continued, "She's the owner of the company where your sister works, right?"

 

"Yeah, she is," Jessica confirmed.

 

As Yoona got up to order at the counter, she exchanged pleasantries with the girl behind it, leaving her slightly flustered. She returned to her seat with a smile, leaving Jessica feeling perplexed.

 

Meanwhile, Taecyeon sensed that something was amiss with Jessica. "Are you alright?"

 

"I-i am," Jessica replied, though her unease was evident.

 

"You know what? She's your ex, right? But why didn't she even greet us?" Taecyeon inquired, trying to understand the situation.

 

"That's what I'm wondering about. It's been almost 2 years since we broke up, and I know for a fact that we're okay now. But, she couldn't even offer a greeting?" Jessica vented her frustration.

 

Taecyeon contemplated the situation. "Maybe she doesn't want to interfere in our lives."

 

"Did you two have a proper closure?" he added. Jessica shook her head. "Do you want to talk to her? Maybe you could have a private conversation and get that closure," Taecyeon suggested.

 

"No, Taecyeon-ah, it's fine. Maybe someday, when the right time comes. If she doesn't want to be part of our lives, as you say, it might be for the best. I'm sorry if I was distant earlier. We should discuss our marriage," Jessica proposed.

 

Taecyeon smiled at her and took a sip of his coffee. Jessica stole another glance at Yoona, who was immersed in her work.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona felt content as she wrapped up her work. She decided she wanted to go for a swim.

 

"When was the last time I swam? I should head to the beach for some peace," she mused, casting a glance at the couple lost in their own world. "The girl is beautiful, and the guy is handsome too. I'm sure that if they have kids in the future, they'll be as gorgeous as them," she thought to herself before making her way home.

 

---

Jessicas's POV

 

Why doesn't she care about me? It's been almost 2 years, but it still bothers me!

 

Suddenly, my sister Krystal jumps onto my bed, startling me.

 

"Unnie!!!!" she exclaims, hugging me tightly.

 

"Yah! Krystal, what's gotten into you?" I ask, once she settles down.

 

"Unnie! Me and Sulli saw Yoona Unnie earlier. Guess what she did to me?" Krystal's excitement is palpable.

 

Why, out of all people, did Krystal have to develop a crush on my ex? This is just too much.

 

"What? Did she kiss you? Hug you? What happened?" I ask, my anxiety growing.

 

I'm losing it.

 

"No need to get all worked up, Unnie. She just patted my head earlier, oh god!" I roll my eyes and flop onto my bed.

 

"What's the big deal? Did she mention anything about me or us?" I ask, trying to sound nonchalant.

 

"I'm just happy she did that... Hmm, no, it's not right for me to pry into her personal life," she replies, smiling at me.

 

That smile... I can't stand it.

 

"I ran into Yoona earlier too," I confess. Krystal's eyes widen in disbelief.

 

"You did?! I thought you weren't ready to see her yet?"

 

I sit up and let out a long sigh. "You're right. It was an accident. I didn't mean to see her. She just showed up at the cafe where Taec and I were earlier. And the worst part is... she didn't even acknowledge me."

 

"Why does that bother you? You have Taec Oppa, your fiance," Krystal points out.

 

"That's the thing. Why does it still bother me? I don't know," I say, running my hands through my hair in frustration. Krystal looks puzzled by my sudden change in demeanor.

 

"I think I know why you still care about her," she says.

 

I furrow my brows. "Why?"

 

She looks at me for a long moment before smiling. "Because you still love her."

 

My heart races. I still?

 

"That's ridiculous," I quickly respond.

 

"It's not. Think about it. Despite the way she left you, you still love her."

 

"Is that a bad thing?" I wonder.

 

She grips my shoulders and smiles. "No, it's not. We don't choose who we love, even after they become our exes."

 

"But I have Taec now."

 

"Exactly. You have Taec Oppa, and you still love Yoona Unnie. But do you love Taec Oppa?"

 

"Of course, I do," I assure her.

 

"Alright. You love them both. I want to be angry at Yoona Unnie for leaving you without explanation. But I suspect there's a reason she hasn't shared with you or anyone... And I hate myself for having a crush on her. But don't worry, it's just admiration. It's because you two never had a proper closure!"

 

I stared at her, frustration mounting. "Why is it so important to you and Taec that I have a proper closure with her?" 

 

"Because you need peace of mind. We want you to stop worrying. Plus, your wedding is approaching, and you should be able to focus on that without Yoona still bothering you."

 

"Why does it have to be so difficult?" I exclaimed.

 

"Don't overthink it. If you want to avoid unnecessary trouble, then move on! Get her out of your heart for your own peace of mind," she advised.

 

She's so mature. I feel so inadequate!

 

"Are you really helping me or just confusing me more? You're not making it any easier for me to decide what to do."

 

She stood up, ready to leave, but then turned back to face me. "I know, right? Just kidding! Like I said, it's your choice. There are two options: A) Move on from Yoona and focus on Taec, since your wedding is approaching. B) Talk to Taec, discuss cancelling the wedding to spare him some pain, though I know it'll hurt him. Break up with him and go to Yoona, tell her you still love her. And if A & B aren't helping, there's always C) Let go of both. The decision is yours. But don't worry, I'll support whatever you choose. So, try not to stress too much, okay? Goodnight." She sent me a playful flying kiss and left my room, leaving me bewildered.

 

None of this makes sense!

 

This is so stressful!

 

---

Morning~

 

I woke up and went through my morning routine. Today's my day off from work. My boss insisted I take a break, especially with the wedding with Taec approaching.

 

I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed.

 

"Ugh! These bags under my eyes are huge!" I muttered.

 

It's all because of Yoona! She kept me up last night. I need sleep!

 

After having breakfast, it was time to head out for some groceries.

 

I paid at the counter and walked back to my car. Suddenly, someone crashed into me, causing my groceries to scatter on the ground.

 

"You jerk! Can't you even apologize?!" I shouted in frustration, but he was already too far to hear.

 

Sighing, I knelt down to collect the spilled groceries. "People these days..." I muttered.

 

Then, I heard a familiar voice. My heart raced as I looked up and saw her unexpectedly. She knelt down to help me gather the groceries.

 

We stood up together, and I was left speechless as she smiled at me. "Take care always," she said, handing me the groceries.

 

"I'll be going." All I could do was watch her walk away.

 

But I couldn't let it end like this. She was hurting me too much.

 

"Hey, Im Yoona! Why didn't you audition for acting back in high school, huh?!" I called out, turning her around. She looked at me, clearly puzzled.

 

"Huh?" she asked.

 

I shook my head in disbelief. "Tsk! You really are something. You've always been good at acting like you don't care. Why did I even bother? Don't you have a conscience? You hurt me so badly! You even ruined my life! But now, I have my fiancé. Aren't you at least a little jealous that I'm getting married soon? Oh, that's right, you've got someone else. Never mind. I give up! Our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter