Feeling neglected

A step closer; The beginning

" Ever felt like the people you care about the most are neglecting you? Like when you're so used to do everything together that if their plans don't include you, you feel hurt? That's exactly how I feel right now. Sometimes I think I'm just overreacting, but I can't help but feel this way..."

-Oh Sehun

 

 

  Rian was heading to the kitchen to find Mr. Choi. When she finally spotted him she walked over to him and put her hands in her waist in a confronting way.

"What the heck were you thinking?!"
"I don't think I did something bad."
"You told him I like him!"
"I just asked if he was the boy you liked. Don't exaggerate."
"But now he knows I like someone from school!"
"So?"
"So?! Are you joking?"
"Just tell him you like him already. You're just losing time. If he reciprocates your feelings -perfect, if he doesn't then move on. There's no point in liking him in secret and by yourself."
"He has a girlfriend."
"You telling him how you feel has nothing to do with the fact that he has a girlfriend. You won't tell him how you feel because you're expecting something from him. You will tell him because you want to be honest with yourself. If you know how he thinks of you, then you'll know what to do and you won't be waiting for him in vain."
"But then I'll be the third wheel."
"I never understood why you women are always overanalyzing everything. Just be true to yourself. By telling him you like him you're not becoming the third wheel. You're only becoming one if he lets it happen, and I doubt you would ever agree to that. You hate being the second one. Admit it."
"Of course, I'll  never be the second one. No matter how much I like the other person, I can't share him."

 

"I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation, but Mr. Lee has just arrived. Miss Rian please go and greet your father."
"Dad came? Where is he?"
"He's on the living room with manager Kwon."

Rian ran to greet her father. Even though her parents were absent most of the time, they were her only friends. Or at least before she met Krystal. Her parents were very strict but they loved their daughter more than anything. And she loved them too. She just wished they'd stop controlling everything about her life.

"Dad!" Rian exclaimed as she ran to hug him.
"Richu! How can you become prettier in just a week?"
"Whose daughter am I?"
"Mine of course! Have you been well?"
"I've been more than well. Hello Manager Kwon!" Rian said, smiling.
"Hello Rian! I'm leaving Mr. Lee. Have a nice day." Manager Kwon replied while bowing.
"Dad 
I have to tell you something huge! I made a friend!"
"A friend? What friend? Do you mean Sehun? Your mom told me about him."
"Ah, no...Not Sehun. I mean yes Sehun too, but not just him."
"Who then?"
"Krystal Jung."
"Aaah the second daughter of the Jungs. I know her parents. They're good people. I've met her sister once too."

"She's really good. Now school life is better."
"Considering she's the daughter of the Jungs she must be a nice girl, but still, be careful." Rian could not help but facepalm to her father's cautiousness. Her mother was like that too. They were always suspicious of people and it really annoyed Rian.
"There's no reason for me to be careful. She's a good and loyal friend."
"I hope you're right...Anyway, your mom will arrive soon too. She had some things to take care of. She told me you refused to go to a blind date again."
"Just accept it already. I'm not going to these ridiculous dates. I will marry the man I love and not some rich stranger just because you own a business."
"Let's not fight over this again Rian. I'm tired. Your mom will take care of this matter."
"Yes whatever...Dad, I have to tell you something else too."
"What is it?"
"Today Krystal introduced me to some of her friends. They're all my classmates, but I never got to know them personally."
"So, the point is...?"
"We'll meet up today. Is it okay?"
"Rian you're a grown up girl now. If you want to meet up with your friends do so. But please be careful. And it's a given that I'll do a backround check on them. Just so you know."
"Dad!"
"What? I'm totally doing it."
"Stop overreacting!"
"I'm not overreacting. I just need to know you'll be okay."
"I will!"
"I'm going to rest. Please behave." Mr. Lee kissed his daughter on her forehead and headed to his bedroom.


 

Rian went to her room as well. Just when she laid on her bed her phone vibrated. It was a text message from Krystal.

"Chanyeol just asked for you number. Is it okay to give it to him?"
 

Rian started feeling anxious. She was really making friends and it made her happy.

"Yes sure." She simply texted back.

After some minutes her phone started ringing. It was an unknown number, which Rian assumed was Chanyeol's. She felt really nervous again. She was so shy, that she was sure she was going to stutter. Eventually, she picked up the phone.

"Hello..."
"Rian is it you?"
"Yes, it's me. Chanyeol is it you?"
"Yes, I asked Krystal for your number."
"I see..."
"Actually I'm with Baekhyun right now and we're wondering if you want to go grocery shopping with us. We'll hang out later and we want to have plenty of food."

"That sounds fun. I'd love to come."
"Perfect. Can we meet up in your house later? There's my sister and her friends here and Baekhyun's house is far away."
"No problem. We can meet up here. But then we don't have to go grocery shopping or prepare the food ourselves. The maids can make it."
"It'll be more fun if we do it ourselves. We're always doing it with the guys."
"Okay then."
"We'll be outside of your house in an hour. Is it okay for you?"
"Yes. What about Krystal and Jongin?"
"They'll come straight to your house."
"Okay, I'll go get ready. See you guys in an hour."

 Rian was nervous and excited about today's outcome. She met Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongin and they were actually getting along pretty well.

She decided to take care of herself. She looked herself in the mirror. "Let's not overdo it Rian. Just a little bit of make up." 

She applied a bb cream, some mascara and a lip-gloss, just to enhance her features but still seem natural. She then gave her hair some volume with big curls. Lastly she wore some blue mom jeans, a grey ribbed off the shoulder top, her sneakers and she took her black shoulder bag.

The one hour passed quickly and her phone started ringing again. Now the name Park Chanyeol appeared on the screen as Rian saved his number earlier.

"We're here. Are you ready?"
"Yes, I'm coming out now."

She reached the door of her house and she turned to one of the maids that were there.
"I'm going out with my friends. We'll come here later, please inform my father."

Her maid's eyes almost fell off. Rian was sure of what she was thinking. In her 18 years of life she never brought anyone home.

"Yes miss. Have a good time."
"Thank you." She said as she gave the maid a smile.

She got out of her house and she spotted 3 boys. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and...Sehun. Her heart almost skipped a beat by the sight of the said man.

"Ah Rian you're so pretty!" Baekhyun commented as he waved his hands to the girl.

"We were waiting for you here when Sehun got out of his house. He's going to meet Soyeon."

"Ah, I see..." Rian simply said, feeling disappointed.

"Let's go to the market. Sehun have a good time!" Chanyeol said as he placed his hands over Rian and Baekhyun's shoulders.

Sehun felt weird by the sight of his 3 friends. The two boys seemed like Rian was their friend for years, but that wasn't the case. He didn't even believe that they were actually serious about meeting up. He thought his friends said it lightly. But here they were now, acting like besties and making plans that didn't include him. Was he being too much? It couldn't be that his friends didn't want him to be with them. Maybe they thought he would decline their offer because he had plans with Soyeon. That was the reason, right?

 


Rian, Chanyeol and Baekhyun entered the market and took a cart. Rian had to admit that the 2 boys were really entertaining. At first she was really nervous that this would not end up well, but as the time went by she started feeling comfortable around them. She was amazed by herself. She always thought that it was impossible for her to make friends, but she had made a hell of a progress these last weeks. It was way easier than what she originally thought and she cursed herself for not trying earlier.

 

The time in the market passed quickly with the 3 of them making jokes and laughing. They had placed a ton of useless things on the cart, but they didn't mind. Rian had found out that Baekhyun was a big chocolate lover, like her and that Chanyeol loved eating ramen. He confessed that he could live with only eating ramen. The 2 boys also confessed that they never thought Rian could be such a fun person and that they always thought of her as weird, anti-social and basically a freak. Rian just laughed at what she said was a confirmation of what she already thought of herself. 

Baekhyun was playfull and lively. He had the mentallity of a 12 year old boy but his looks said otherwise. Rian would have never guessed his personality was like that before. Actually all of the guys were good looking. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun, Jongin, Kyungsoo and Junmyeon were always considered top-class visuals.

Chanyeol had a different charm. He was outgoing and funny, but he seemed like a little bit of a womanizer too. He was someone that would use skinship without thinking too much about it. He was just a really attractive boy.

"Let's take a picture!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

"Rian-ah you'll be in the middle." Chanyeol said as he placed her between them. Baekhyun placed his hand over Rian's shoulders and made a V sing, while Chanyeol placed his hand on Rian's waist -which caught her off guard- and made a V sign as well. Rian just crossed her hands over her stomach and smiled lightly. 

"Rian-ah you're so pretty!" Baekhyun said as he showed her the photo.

"I'm going to upload it on my instagram account. Everyone will ask me who the girl we're with is. I'm 1000% sure." He continued.

"Send it to me too." Chanyeol simply said.

"I'll send it to both of you. It's our first photo!" 

 


The 3 of them were walking back to Rian's home when Jongin called Chanyeol to tell him he was waiting for them with Krystal outside of Rian's home. Finding Rian's home was not difficult at all, as all of them knew where Sehun's home was. 

Rian spotted Jongin and Krystal and she noticed that they were wearing matching t-shirts and shoes. She couldn't help but think how cute they were, perfect for each other.

The kids greeted each other and they entered Rian's house. They were all amazed by the size of the mansion and with the number of people that were working there. 

"Rian-ah, your house is no joke." Baekhyun commented. 

The maids and the bodyguards all bowed to the kids and the kids bowed back. They passed the big garden and they entered the mansion. Mrs. Park greeted them and she told the staff to leave them alone.

They all headed to the kitchen and they started planning what they were going to cook. They were playing, throwing food at each other and eating at the same time. Rian swore it was the best day of her life.


Sehun and Soyeon were at an expensive restaurant, but Sehun barely touched his food. He swore he was hungry before he left home but now his appetite was gone. His mind was on the gathering that took place at Rian's house. He wanted to be there as well. Of course he liked that he was with his girlfriend, but he thought that the kids would probably have a very good time. If only they liked Soyeon, they could all be together now, but the sad truth was no one liked her. No one would agree to him bringing her with them.

"Sehun-ah why aren't you eating? Is there something wrong?"
"Ah, no...I just feel a little tired." He lied.
"So we won't be going to the cinema today?"
"Let's do it another time Soyeon. I don't think I'm in the mood today."
"Do you want to go back home?"
"Do you mind?"
"No...If you're tired then it's okay, we can head back."
"Thank you." He said giving her a sincere smile and touching her hand.

 

They were walking hand in hand when Soyeon took out her phone to check her instagram account. A certain photo caught her attention.

"Sehun-ah, look at this." She said handing him her phone.

It was Baekhyun's instagram account. He had published 3 photos in the last 2 hours. In the first one was Rian, Baekhyun and Chayeol. What caught Sehun's attention was Chanyeol's hand in Rian's waist. "He doesn't let any time go to waste." He thought to himself. 

In the second photo he saw Krystal and Jongin outside of his and Rian's house, wearing matching outfits. "They bought new matching outfits again?"

The third photo caused a weird feeling in his stomach. In the photo he saw Rian, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Krystal, Jongin, Kyungsoo and Junmyeon covered with food all over their faces, laughing and taking weird poses. So Kyungsoo and Junmyeon joined them as well? He felt jealous.

"They didn't invite you?" Soyeon said, adding fuel to the fire.

"I told them I was going out with you." He said trying to excuse them.

"I love it that you prefered going out with me." She said and hugged him.


Sehun let Soyeon at her house and started walking towards his. When he reached his house, he saw a big black jeep outside of Rian's. A woman in her 40s got out of it. She was stunning with her midi black lace skirt, black blazer and black high heels. Her long black hair was in a low ponytail. She resebled Rian a lot. 

She looked back at Sehun and he bowed his head. They were neighbors after all. He started walking towards his home when her voice stopped him.

"You're Oh Sehun right?" Mrs. Lee said. Sehun was caught off guard.

"Me? Ah, yes. I'm Sehun."
"I'm Rian's mother, Haera. Nice to meet you Sehun."
"Nice to meet you too, Mrs Haera."
"Are you heading home?"
"Yes..."
"My maid called me and told me that Rian is home with some friends, do you want to join them?"
"Yes, I know. They're actually my friends. It's okay, I'll just go home."
"No, please come." She said with a polite smile.
"Okay then." He said, satisfied with the turn of events. 

 

Sehun and Mrs. Lee headed to the mansion together. When they entered the house, Rian's eyes almost fell off. Firstly because her mother got home. And also because Sehun was with her. "What the f uck....?!"

"Rian-ah, mom's here." She said as she walked to her daughter to hug her.

"I found Sehun outside and I told him to join you. By the way hello kids. I'm Rian's mother, Haera."

Everyone bowed their heads.

"Sehun weren't you with Soyeon?" Chanyeol spoke up first.

"We went to a restaurant and then I drove her home. She was tired." He said, using his excuse to Soyeon as hers.

"Perfect then! Join us!" Baekhyun said.

"Rian can I talk to you for a minute? I'm leaving you kids alone. Have a good time." Mrs. Lee said.


"Mom why did you bring Sehun with you?"
"Why? You didn't want me to? I thought you said he was your friend."
"Well he is, but it seemed really weird that you walked in the house with him."
"You're here with a bunch of people, why didn't you tell him to come?"
"He had plans with his girlfriend!"
"So you wanted him to come? Wait, does he still have a girlfriend?"
"What the heck mom? Why are you so interested at Sehun?"
"He's my new goal for you."
"What?"
"You said you didn't want to go to blind dates so I'm going to set you up in a date with someone you already know."

 

By now Rian didn't even know what to say to her mother. She didn't know if she had to feel happy that her mother approves of Sehun and is willing to help her or feel worried that her mother has lost her mind.

"You're crazy." Rian simply said.
"He's perfect for you. So don't put him on the friend-zone. Show him a little bit of interest."
"I'm going back."

 

"This is going to be interesting..." Rian thought as she joined her friends.


Hey guys! I've been gone for a long time. How do you like Rian's mother trying to set Rian with Sehun? Hope you like the new update. xx