A Saturday with you

A step closer; The beginning

"What if you had the opportunity to spend the day with the person you like? You think that you have to do everything together, not leaving a single thing out. Things took a weird turn today, and somehow I ended up hanging out with this one person that occupies most of my mind's space. I don't even know if I can keep my feelings to myself anymore. Like, when he stands next to me -so close to me- I just want to grab him and kiss him and hug him for the longest time. Am I weird?"

Rian

 

 

Rian's POV

Saturday morning. I woke up by the sound of my phone ringing for the nth time. I kept on hearing the message sound, but I didn't even want to look at it. Last night I barely even slept, as Krystal kept informing me about her fight with Jongin.

Apparently Jongin wasn't picking up the phone all day long, which resulted in Krystal searching for him in his house. When Jongin saw Krystal he got all mad, telling her she shouldn't visit him without a notice and he was basically being an over nothing. Then Krystal fired back saying she wasn't the one at fault and that instead of yelling at her he should be giving her an explanation. That's where I left things, considering the fact that being the insensitive pig that I am I fell asleep. Poor Krystal needed someone to talk to and I fell asleep! Can I get dumber? 

That's why I decided that I should give up my morning sleep, to console my friend. I pressed the call button to Krystal's number, as I put my blanket over my face.

"Yah! Have you finally woken up?" Krystal said immediately when she picked up the call.

"I'm the worst, right? I'm so sorry Krystal! I fell asleep. I didn't even realize when it happened. I just closed my eyes for two seconds and then next thing I know, I look to my phone and I see that it's morning and that I have 18 messages and 27 calls from you."

"I thought that eventually you're going to hear the damn phone."
"Are you mad?"
"No, I'm saving all my mad feelings for Jongin. I'm letting this go for now."
"So what happened?"
"I think we're breaking up Rian...I don't know. He's soooo weird lately. We fought really bad yesterday."
"Why did he get mad? I don't get it..."
"My words exactly! First of all he disappears from school, not giving me any signs of his whereabouts and then he has the nerve to just make me seem like the bad one. The only thing I did was to go look for him at his home, because I was dead worried about his . Why would he get all furious about it?" Krystal said, taking deep breaths.

"I don't understand him at all...What did he tell you?" I replied, trying to think logically. It seemed like Jongin was out of his mind.

"Nothing that makes sense. He told me I can't visit his home without telling him first. And that I shouldn't go around alone, especially in that area."
"It sounds like he's being protective."
"But he was yelling like a madman! Why would he talk to me like that? What did I do wrong? Aish, really...He's the one that should be apologizing, but why do I feel bad? I did nothing wrong, so why the do I feel this baaad?" Krystal said whining, or crying. I couldn't quite understand.

"Just call him."
"Seriously, he's the one that should be calling me."
"Krystal it's not an ego contest! You should both stop acting like kids. Let's suppose you're the one calling him first, so what?!"
"I am always the one that swallows her pride. I have forgiven him so many times. And I'm mostly the one that apologizes first."
"Yes, so what? That's how relationships work. If both of you were acting like Jongin right now, then it would be over long ago. You and Jongin are two different characters and it's a given that you deal with problems in different ways."
"I feel like I'm being a fool."
"Well, I'm not telling you that you have to swallow everything up. Of course, all things have limits. It's just that the reason you fought seems so stupid to me, so try calling him first. Talk. Tell him everything that you have on your mind."
"Rian-ah let's meet up."
"Okay, do you want to come over?"
"I'll be there in an hour." Krystal informed me as she hang up the phone.

So I have an hour until Krystal comes. First of all I head up to my room's toilet. I take a shower, I wash my face, and teeth, and then I apply some creams so that my face doesn't get dry. I decide that as I'm waiting for my hair to dry up a little I should wax my legs. I really enjoy taking care of myself lately. As for clothes I pick a pink short bodycon cami dress, that has some frill details at the finish. 

As I head to my toilet again to get my hair and make-up done I hear one of the maids informing me that Krystal gas arrived. I wonder if an hour has passed.

Krystal enters my room and looks at me.

"Yah! Are you getting all dolled up, while I look this pathetic?"
"Let's get ready together!"
"What? I don't feel like dolling up."
"Come oooon, it'll be fun!"
"Okay, let's get ready and then let's go for a walk. I guess some fresh air won't do me any harm."

Krystal opened my make-up cupboard and started doing her make up. Whilst I blow dryed my hair and did some soft curls. For make up, I did get a little bit out of my comfort zone by applying eyeliner, a feature Krystal said looked great on me. 

"Some blush, a light pink lipstick and tadaaaah!" I said as I looked Krystal.

"Yah, why are you so pretty? You make me feel insecure, seriously." Krystal said, while touching my hair.

"If you keep saying those things, I might as well believe them eventually." I replied as I looked over to my friend. There's no way Krystal is being insecure. She has nothing to be jealous of. She's one of the prettiest girls I know. What I really like about Krystal is her casual style. She wears really simplistic clothes, but she makes them feel elegant and put together. Maybe it's her model like figure.
"I'm being honest here." 
"Yeah whatever."

 

We both got our shoulder bags and left my house.

"Where will you take me girlfriend?" She asked me.

"I know that what I'm going to say will sound absurd, but as I haven't really been out, I don't know my neighborhood."
"Jesus Rian. Have you ever set foot outside of your house?"
"Yes, I mean besides school I've been out with my parents for food and stuff. And some years ago, when my cousins came to visit us we were hanging out. But it's been a while since I got out here."
"Okay, let's find out the area together."

Krystal linked her arms in mine as we started observing the area. I have to admit, my neighborhood is really pretty. It has some
cafeterias, some markets and the landscape is really beautiful. 

We reached a playground when both of us stopped immediately. In front of us stood Sehun and Jongin. GOD. How is that even possible?

 

"Hey girls!" Sehun said as he waved his hands.

"Hey." Jongin repeated.

"Hello Sehun." Krystal said, ignoring Jongin.

"Hello." I said as well, slightly bowing my head. Krystal started walking away. Jongin didn't say a thing. He didn't try to stop her.

"Yah!" Krystal shouted, coming back.

"You won't even try to stop me? Do you want me to beg you?!" She shouted.

"Stop yelling here. We're in a public place. The last thing all these people want is to hear our fight. Let's go somewhere to talk." He said, as he grabbed her hand, taking her away. And like this, I got left alone...with Sehun.

"It seems like it's just the two of us." He told me as he got closer.

"It seems like you're right."
"You look pretty." What the . Stop complimenting me Oh Sehun! I'm probably as red as a tomato right now. I just lowered my head, trying to hide my uprising grin.

"Hahahaha you got red, so cute!" He said as he ruffled my hair. Can he stop already?

"What are we going to do?" I asked, trying to change the topic of our conversation.

"Let's go, I'll buy you ice cream." He said as he took my wrist. He let it go after some seconds. Thank God he did so because if he keeps on doing this stuff I might as well faint from now. We reached a cafeteria and we entered. 

"Are we really going to buy ice-cream? The weather is getting colder." I opined.
"It's just October, plus the day is really sunny. Let's eat ice- cream...Unless you don't want to. You can have whatever you want."
"It's okay. You convinced me. I'll have ice-cream as well."
"What flavour?"
"Mmmm chocolate and strawberry!"
"Two chocolate and strawberry please." He said, directed at the girl on the counter.

When we got our ice-creams Sehun asked me where do I want to eat it and I thought that going to the playground we were before was a good idea.

"Have you ever been at this playground?" He wondered.

"No. It's my first time coming here." I replied as I observed my surroundings. The view of the little kids playing around with their friends, running and laughing was extremely relaxing to me.

"Do you like it?"
"I really enjoy watching the kids." I answered honestly.

"They're so...innocent."
"I know, right? They're cute." We headed towards a bench and we sat down.

 

"Why aren't you with Soyeon?" I had to ask.

"I had some things to talk about with Jongin."
"I see. Instead you ended up with me. That's what you call luck."
"Hahaha it is. I like spending time with you, so I guess things turned out good." OH SEHUN. STOP. IT. NOW. YOU'RE. ABOUT. TO. GET. .

 

"Noona! It's autumn already. You shouldn't eat ice-cream. My mom says that if you eat ice-cream this time of the year your throat is going to hurt!" I turned my head to see where this voice was coming from and I spotted a little boy on my left. He was like a meter tall and he had black hair and black eyes. He was 5 years old, maximum. He was the cutest boy I had ever seen.

"I know, right? I told this ajushi from here that our throats are going to hurt but he didn't listen to me!" I said to the little boy while I pinched his cheeks.

"Yah! Who are you calling an ajushi?! For you I'm an oppa and for the boy I'm a hyung! Why would I be an ajushi?"
"Because you look old!" I said while sticking out my tongue.

"Whaaat? Are you crazy woman? I look just fiiine."
"If noona calls you an ajushi then I will call you an ajushi as well." The little boy interrupted us.

"Why aren't you taking hyung's side? You're a man. You must defend me!"
"Because noona is pretty." The little boy said as he came closer to me.
 He's sooooo cute.

"Well, I guess you're right. I'm forgiving you this time." Why are you doing this to me Oh Sehun? I'm going to think of stupid things that are completely untrue and I'm going to overanalyze everything and I'm going to end up heart broken. Just stop.

"Noona, when I get older I will find a girl as pretty as you. Or if you want you can wait for me."

"Hahahahaha you're so cute! You have to find a girl prettier than noona."
"Yah, how can he find a prettier girl? His standards are going to be unrealistic!"
"Oh Sehun! Can you stop complimenting me? You're weird!"
"I can't stop, because the face you make when I compliment you is hilarious!"
"Yah! Are you making fun of me all this time?" I said as I punched his arm.

"You will never know!"
"I guess you're dating. Noona seriously, when I'll get older, I'll look better than ajushi. Just wait for me."
"WE'RE NOT DATING!" I quickly yelled, which sounded weird.

"Why are you yelling? Do you imply that you wouldn't like dating me?" Sehun asked. If only you knew boy.

"Mm I wouldn't. I wouldn't like my boyfriend going around complimenting other girls."
"Well it's not my fault if the girls I compliment are beautiful, is it kiddo?" He said, asking the little boy.

"What's your name by the way?" He continued.

"I'm Minhyung."
"Your name is pretty Minhyung." I said.

"Noona, ajushi, wanna play with me and my friends?"
"Should we ajushi?" I asked Sehun. He looked like he wanted to kill me for calling him ajushi.

"Minhyung-ah, I'm only going to play with you under one circumstance."
"What?"
"Call me hyung please."
"Okay."

Sehun and I got up from the bench and we let Minhyung guide as to his friends. There were 5 of them. 3 boys and 2 girls.

"Noona, hyung, this is Youngjae, Kibum, Taeyong, Sohee and Minah. We're in the same class and we all live nearby, so we come at this playground often."
"You're all so cute." I said as I ruffled Minhyung's hair some more.

"What do you want to play?" Sehun asked.
"Let's play family!" The little girl Minah said.

"Noona will be our mother and oppa our father!" Do you know the word awkward because that's exactly what the atmosphere is yelling right now.

"Yah Minah! That's a girl's game. We don't want to play that!" Thank god kiddo. You're a smart one.

"Let's play hide and seek!"
 

And like this we started playing hide and seek. The kids were finding me and Sehun really fast and easy considering the fact we were quite tall compared to them and the playground was designed for little kids. We couldn't exaclty find a good hiding place. However I had such a good time...The kids were refreshing and it felt like I was living the childhood I wanted to have. It was like a dream of mine coming true. I always wanted to have a childhood like this, a normal one. Without all the study and obligations. But we can't change the past, right? So let's set our eyes on the future.

Seeing Sehun playing with the kids was an image I couldn't get out of my head. He was so playful and fun. I couldn't get enough.

 

"Goodbye kids! See you again!" I waved to my new little friends.

"Woah...I feel so tired." Sehun announced.

"It's a given. You had clown duties today."
"What?! Clown? Clown? Come here."
"Go away!"
"I noticed before, but you get ticklish when someone touches the part beside your tummy. Should I get to work?" He said coming closer.
"Yah! Don't you dare. Stay away." He kept getting closer.

"Won't you stay away?" His hands started tickling my sides.

"Oh Sehun! Hahahaha go away!" I said as I started running.
"Come here! I'll show you who's the clown." He said as he came after me.

"Do you have a death wish?" I said as I raised my fist.

I felt like a 5 year old girl. He was chasing me and I was trying to get away from him, but not succesfully. Sehun ran way faster than me. When he reached me he started tickling me and I swear I thought I would die there and then. He wasn't stopping.

"Yah! Stop it I can't breathe. Yah! Yah! Yaaah!"
"Am I a clown?"
"Noooo! Who says things like that? I'll give them a lesson."
"I know, right? Who could have said something like that" He said as he kept tickling me.

"I get it! Stop please! I'm sorry, you're not a clown."
"I guess that's enough tickling."
"Ufff...I really can't breath. I got tired because of you.
"Serves you right."
"Oh, we got home! How did this happen?" I wondered. I really didn't realize when we got home. The sun had begun to set.

"Thank god Krystal and Jongin let us go. I couldn't hear more of their fight." Sehun told me.

"I know, right? They're acting like 5 yeard old kids."
"I had a very good time today Rian."
"Me too. Goodnight!"
"See you tomorrow!" We both waved our hands and smiled at each other.

 

I got into my home feeling like the happiest 18 year old on earth. Well 18 year-old to be. I'm being 18 in a month. I'm definately throwing a party and I'm soooo inviting Sehun. Okay that's pretty irrelevant actually.

So back to today's events. I had the best day of my life people. I just, I literally had the best day of my life. Sehun was so perfect and the kids as well. It was almost as if we were on a date. He bought me ice-cream, too. How will I stop thinking about today-

"Rian." My mom interrupted my thoughts.

"I saw you getting home with Sehun. Were you together?" She continued.

"Mom, it's really akward talking about things like this with you. Stop asking about Sehun."

"You were together, right? You were! I knew it! How it went? Where you've been?"
"Yes we were together and that's the only thing I'm telling you."
"As long as I know that you like him it's okay. I'm going to help you as well."
"Don't get yourself involved mom!

"I'm sooo getting myself involved. Ho Jaein is so proudly announcing that her daughter is Sehun's girlfriend, it makes me want to throw up. I mean how can the cow So be Sehun's girlfriend?"
"Do you remember her elementary school nickname?"

"Of course I do. This kid looked so much like a cow, her name fitted her perfectly."
"Hey stop being bad."

"How am I being bad? This girl always caused trouble for you. It's a given that I don't like her."
"I don't mind anymore so neither should you."
"But Sehun and you look so much better than Sehun and her. I'll make Rihun happen."
"YOU'RE CRAZY! I'm going to my room." I announced.

Rihun? Ri ing Hun? Do we have a ship name? Why do I suddenly feel like I'm starring in a k-drama? Like RIHUN? SERIOUSLY? My mom is getting crazier everyday...


Sehun's POV

 

Today it had been an unexpectedly good day. I met up with Jongin, as I wanted to observe him. Chanyeol and I found out that, that guy named Luhan was Kris's best friend. Knowing that Luhan and probably Kris were gangsters, our guess was that Jongin had gotten his involved with them. I had just started questioning Jongin when Rian and Krystal appeared before us, which resulted to Krystal and Jongin leaving us to talk. I mean, I don't blame the girl, Jongin was being a total jerk lately.

At first when I got left alone with Rian I got all nervous, because of Soyeon. If only she knew that Rian and I were together she would kill Rian and then she would torture me. Of course, I don't want to fight with my girlfriend and neither I want to lie to her, but I just couldn't send Rian away. I kind of wanted to spend time with her. Plus, she was crazy pretty today. Her pink cami dress was so beautiful on her. I always liked girls on dresses.

So here's the thing. I do like my girlfriend, okay? I really do. I don't regret asking her out. I think...I mean no! I don't regret asking her out. But maybe, ,just maaaybe I'm having a little crush on Rian. Just a little one...?


I don't know when it started actually. I always kind of liked her. She was the mysterious girl, no one knew anything about. That itself is charming. But there's so much more in her that attracts you. Like, she's so pure and innocent. She gets so shy everytime someone compliments her, her cheeks go tomato red. She takes the funniest expressions everytime she's having a conversation. When she gets angry she crosses her arms and looks elsewhere and forms an annoyed grin. Maybe I like the way she treats others; She's so kind. Watching  her playing with the kids was so cute. It made me think of how she's going to be as a mother. Then again, maybe I like the way her eyes go really big when she gets excited and the way they form crescent moons when she laughs, or her mole by the side of . And maybe you're all wondering when did I notice all these things about Rian and the answer is I don't even know and it's driving me crazy! It's driving me crazy, because I can't stop thinking about her. Because when I think about her I forget about Soyeon, and I feel like I'm the worst man on earth...

 

 

Author's corner

Hey guys! It's been so long since I've updated on this fic. Here's a small update on my life. Last year I got accepted in a university in my country, so I moved to the town where the university is, alone. The thing is I didn't really like it there so I came back to my hometown and took the exams again. That's why I haven't been updating on this fic. I had to study. I'm currently waiting for the results now and I'm really nervous. Wish me luck everyone!

I hope you all have been great! I'm planning on dedicating myself on this fic for the next months.

Oh, this is the longest update I have ever written.

Hope you all enjoy!