Let the battle begin

A step closer; The beginning

 

"Sometimes you just have to fight to accomplice things. Sitting there, and constantly complaining about things you would like to change in your life won't really change anything. If you really want to see a difference, if you really want to succeed, if you really want to be happy and complete, then set some goals and work your way up to them. It's not gonna be easy, but you can do it."

Rian 

 

Rian knew that by the time she set foot on Soyeon's territory, it meant war. That's why she knew Soyeon was following her, when she left the auditorium. And she was ready to confront her. She could not back down now.

 

"Stop. Now." Soyeon said calmly, but one could sense the threat in her tone.

Rian stopped, but she did not turn her face to Soyeon. Instead, Soyeon walked up to Rian and looked her right in the eyes. Soyeon started clapping her hands.

Clap...

Clap...

Clap...

"Well done Lee Rian. Seriously. I'm speechless. No, no, I'm shocked! You actually exist! And you dare to meddle in my business! What the f do you thing you're doing?!" Soyeon pushed Rian. Right now, there was not rationality in Soyeon's eyes. Just hatred. Rian felt somehow intimidated by Soyeon's behaviour. Soyeon was crazy, but she was strong. She was a leader.

"It seems like you underestimated me all these years So." Rian called Soyeon by the nickname the children used to call her when they were younger. 

"Crazy ! How dare you?!" Soyeon lifted her hand to slap Rian, but Rian stopped her.

"You think i'll let you hit me? Forget about the times I was the invisible girl in the classroom. What you saw earlier is just the beginning."
"Do you think you're better than me Lee Rian? You'll never be better than me! I have everything you don't! Stop hallucinating!"
"I'm not interested in those things you've mentioned.  You're always so worried to be the best, the prettiest, the more famous..
.
Do you believe those things matter? Those things mean nothing Soyeon. They are not that important. In the end, you'll be left with nothing, alone. Because no one really likes you. Just a friendly advice, stop pushing people around you away. And stop making people disgusted by your behaviour." Rian felt the need to say those things. She did not hate Soyeon. She didn't exactly like her, but hate? No. She just felt sorry for her.

 

Rian walked away, leaving Soyeon standing alone, ready to errupt like a volcano.

"Let the battle begin Lee Rian." Those were Soyeon's last words.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sehun was sitting in his desk, not really paying attention to Mrs.Sung's class. He always hated maths anyway. Right now, the only thing he could think of was what he's going to say to Soyeon. He got his phone out of his pocket and started typing.

"Come meet me at-

"Oh Sehun! If you don't put your phone away in 2 seconds I'll throw it off the window. It's like the nth time I've caught you with this thing!"

Sehun had no option. He had to use the old traditional way to communicate with Soyeon. He teared a page from his notebook and started writing.

"I need to talk to you. Let's meet at the gym in the break." 

He located Soyeon. Soyeon was sitting between Rian and Haesung. Haesung was a total nerd that would not stop paying attention to the lesson, not even for one second, so Sehun decided to get Rian to help him.

"Rian!" He whispered.

Rian thought she listened to her name from somewhere.

"Lee Rian!"
She suddenly turned her head, which resulted to Soyeon watch the encounter as well. Sehun gave her the letter and pointed to Soyeon. Rian's eyes went wide open. How could he ask her to give this thing to Soyeon? Was he an idiot? She quickly took it and left to Soyeon's desk. 

Now it was Soyeon's eyes that went wide open. Rian was giving her a letter from Sehun. This definately was a scene from a parallel planet. She gave Rian a dirty look and took it. She opened it.

"I need to talk to you. Let's meet at the gym in the break."

She was somehow mad at Sehun, but she could not help but feel a little satisfied that Rian had been the one that gave her that letter. She saw how Sehun wanted to talk to her.

Rian just had to get used to this. Sehun and Soyeon were a thing for many months now, she couldn't do anything about that.

The bell rang and most of the students run out like madmen.Chanyeol was running after Baekhyun because the latter slapped his head. They crashed upon some girls and they almost fell to the ground.

"Stop running kids! You'll hurt yourselves!" Mrs. Sung said, picking up her books.
"See you next time. Do your homework everyone!"

Sehun and Soyeon walked out of the classroom together. Their walk to the gym was quiet, as none of them tried to make a conversation. When they entered the gym Sehun closed the door behind them and turned to Soyeon.

"Well...Here we are." He said akwardly.

"Here we are." She repeated.
"I think we have some things to talk about."
"Let's talk then."
"I was thinking...About what you said to me the last time we talked. I don't regret for the things I've said to you. I'll start from that. Your behaviour that day was awful. I was not happy seeing you like this. I'm trying to convince all of my friends that you're not like that. That you're actually a very good and caring person, because I believe you are, but then you do these stuff and you prove me wrong. I'm always trying to be on your side, but you always prove me wrong! Why are you being like this?"
"Okay, I get that. I let you down. But these girls...Sometimes they push me to my limits."
"Soyeon stop thinking everything is a competition!"
"But they're jealous of me and they always make me the bad one, and-

"Why do you think everyone is jealous of you? Stop thinking like that please! You're making me crazy! You're not the center of the world Soyeon! You're pretty, and you're talented, but the others girls are too. Not everyone is jealous of you and not everyone wants to be you."
"Where were you?"
"What? That's completely irrelevant to what we're talking about."
"That's the only thing I care about though. I don't want to continue this conversation."
"So we're only going to talk about what you want! And what about the things that I want?"
"Sehun, you and I have a different opinion on the matter. And to conlude this thing that's how I am, okay? You knew about it from the beginning. That's just how I am. Good and caring? Yes, to you only. To other people? No, thanks. That's a weakness. And I hate to be seen as weak."

She was right. Sehun knew he could not change her. She was a good and caring person, but only for her loved ones. Sehun knew she was the perfect daughter to her parents, the most respectful student to her teachers, the most loving girlfriend to her man. But to the rest of the world, she was just Soyeon. 

"Will you tell me now?"
"I'll tell you. I was with Rian..."
"WHAT?" 
"Stop screaming! I'll explain. Sit down."

And for the rest half an hour, Sehun explained everything to Soyeon. How Rian jumped onto his motorcycle and how they went somewhere and how they talked. He told her everything. Soyeon of course got mad. Sehun even told her Rian was his friend now, which got Soyeon even more mad if it was possible.

 

"How do you want me to be calm? You're telling me that you were with this freak. No! You're even telling she's your friend!"
"She's a very good girl Soyeon."
"Oh Sehun! You used to have a crush on her! Do you want me to believe this whole friendship thing?"

How could Sehun possibly believe that Soyeon had forgot about his crush on Rian? It was many years ago though. Rian never showed a sign of interest so he moved on.

"That was like ages ago!"
"Does it matter? You liked her! You still like her don't you?"
"I don't like her! I told you she's my friend. I want to be friends with her!"
"I don't want you to be friends with this girl."
"Are you jealous?"
"Yes I am! I'm jealous, I don't want you to like her. I want you like me."
"But I like you." He said calmly.
"I like you a lot. And..." He stopped.
"And what?

"And Soyeon, I want to be with you. Not like now. I want to, like really be with you. I want to try this whole relationship thing."
"Are you serious?"
"That's what I wanted to tell you that day. Even if I'm late, and even if I'm still mad at you, will you be my girlfriend? Let's try to solve everything out."
"Idiot..." She said and hugged him.
"I don't want to fight like that. Not with you. Do you know how precious you are to me? Of course I want to be your girlfriend. I wanted it for so long, I thought you would never ask me out. I'm glad you did though. I was thinking of going to a witch and tell her to cast a spell on you."
"Hahaha you're creepy."
"No, I'm in love...I've waited years, it feels good here."
"Here?"
"In your arms..."

And like that he stopped being mad at this girl in his embrace. She always found a way to make him forget everything. She was a cold hearted girl, but to Sehun she was like the sweetest girl ever. And he liked her. That he knew of.
 

Author's Corner

Guys I haven't updated in like ages, sorry...I just started university and I was really busy lately. Here's a small update for you. I'll try to update more often from now on. Enjoy~