The boy is mine

A step closer; The beginning

 

"Every person in the world feels that he needs to protect the things that are his, that he needs to fight for them. When Sehun asked me to be his girlfriend my instinct immediately told me I had to protect our relationship from everyone who is against it. And that is exactly what I'm going to do...After all the boy is mine..."

Soyeon


 

A week or so had already passed since Sehun and Soyeon got together and by now everyone in the school talked about the couple. The girls of course were disappointed that Soyeon had actually achieved to be Sehun's girlfriend and the boys kept praising Sehun for having "such a hot chick". However everyone agreed that they looked really good together, considering that they were both really popular in their school.

The couple walked down the coridors hand in hand chatting and laughing, and whispers could be heard from all over the place. All of the students' heads turned around to watch them.

"I'm so jealous..."
"Doesn't he look gorgeous?"
"Good choice Oh Sehun!"
"I'm giving them a month. He'll dump the eventually."
"Soyeon-ah will you marry me?"

Rian was putting some books into her locker when she heard all those whispers. It happened everyday the entire week so she was kind of used to it now. It was the reality after all. She had to accept that they were a couple and that she had to forget Sehun. 

"It really bothers you doesn't it?" Krystal said as she closed Rian's locker.

"What?"
"You like Oh Sehun. It's a given that you don't approve this relationship." She continued in a matter of a fact tone.

"I-I don't like Oh Sehun!" Rian whispered, faking surprise.

"Yes sure..."
"I'm telling the truth! I don't like him!"
"Rian..."
"Okay, I do." 

Krystal laughed to her friend's reaction. She had grown fond of the creature named Lee Rian. She was such a weird person. Looking at her someone would say she's a cold hearted, stiff , but she's actually warm and funny. Krystal found her really entertaining.

"Does he know?"
"Of course not! You better keep your mouth shut!" 

"Why? You have to tell him!"
"Yah Jung Soojung!"
"Relax...I'm not goint to tell him. I just think that he likes you too."
"Are you kitting me? How can he like me?"
"Why? You're pretty and smart."
"There are a tone of girls with these qualifications."
"Well he used to have a crush on you..." Krystal said scratching her head.
"What?" 

"I'll explain later. Let's go eat something." Krystal grabbed Rian's hand and they started walking towards the school's yard.


As the two girls got out of the school Krystal spotted Jongin sitting with his friends.

"Rian-ah let's go sit with the boys."
"Are you crazy? I can't!"
"Yah! You were fighting with Soyeon in front of the whole school just fine. Get over it. We're sitting with them." Krystal started walking away.

"Krystal! Yah! Omo I'll kill her..." Rian whispered and she followed her.

"Hey guys!" Krystal said moving her hands and smiling widely. Rian spotted Jongin, Chanyeol, Baekhyun. The 3 of them stopped eating their sandwiches and looked up to Krystal, then to Rian. They did not say a word, as if they expected Rian to say something.
"Yah! Aren't you going to say hello?" Krystal said poking her.
"Oh, hello..." Rian said shyly, while bowing.

"Ah...What is this? She's not usually like this." Krystal added jokingly.
"No, she's always like this. But today, we heard her voice so I think that's what you call progress." Chanyeol pointed, making everyone laugh. Rian laughed as well.

"Oh! She laughs too!" It was Baekhyun's turn now.

"See? They're not biting." Krystal whispered to Rian, smiling.

"It's just that I'm not used to...talk?"
"Oh come on here." Chanyeol took Rian's hand and dragged her to the bench.

"You can be comfortable around us." Jongin added, taking Krystal's hand and giving it a small peck.
"Hello my love." He continued.
"I thought you forgot I'm here." Krystal gave him a peck on the cheek.

"I'll vomit. Rian-ah just sit here with us. Let's give them space. You are Sehun's neighbor right?" Chanyeol asked randomly.

"Ah yes..."
"I live nearby."
"Really?"
"Yes. We can hang out together."
"I'd like that." Rian said honestly.
"You'd really like that?" Chanyeol said surprised.
"Sure."
"I'll come as well!" Baekhyun shouted.

"Yah! Who invited you?" Chanyeol slapped his head. The rest of the conversation was just cuss words and kicks and Rian could not help but laugh at the sight of them two.

 

Sehun was looking for his friends when he spotted them with Krystal and Rian and he watched the whole scene. What was Rian doing with them? He got closer.

"Yah...what are you doing to my friend?" Sehun said as he crossed his hand over Rian's shoulder in a protective manner. Rian's eyes opened widely as she turned her head to confirm this voice was Sehun's.
"Who's your friend? Rian? She's our friend." Chanyeol answered.

"I'll protect her from you all, womanizers." Sehun pulled her closer. By now, Rian's eyeballs almost fell off.

"Omo, omo! Says who! And who are you hugging like that? Don't you have a girlfriend? Rian-ah come here!" Baekhyun snapped back, pulling Rian out of Sehun's embrace.

"You guys freaked her out. How can you act like that when I'm trying so hard to make her talk to you?" Krystal stood up and walked towards Rian.

"It's okay..." Rian said.

"Of course you liked the part where Sehun hugged you..." Krystal thought to herself, laughing a little and looking at Rian. As if Rian heard her she looked at her too and laughed back.

"Rian-ah do you want to hang out today?" Chanyeol said.
"Today?"
"Yes."
"I don't have anything to do. So I guess it's okay."
"Perfect. I'll come pick you up at 6.

"Then I'll be there too!" Baekhyun said.

"I'll just leave you there." Chanyeol snapped back.
"I said I'm coming!" And then Chanyeol and Baekhyun started fighting again.

 

"Are you really going with them?" Sehun asked Rian.
"Yes...I mean, why not?"

Sehun thought about it for a while. Rian could do whatever she wanted and hang out with whoever she wanted. It was not his business to meddle in, but something annoyed him. Maybe it was the fact that the girl who never talked to anyone eventually opened up to him, but now here she was laughing with his friends as well. Or maybe it was the fact that the boys, especially Chanyeol showed so much interest in Rian. Either way he felt annoyed by the whole scene. It just didn't seem right. And as if this wasn't enough Soyeon suddenly showed up.

"Hey guys." She said as she sat next to Sehun.
"Lee Rian, I see you're trying hard." She continued.

"Soyeon, stop it." Sehun advised.

"No, let her finish. Trying what?" Rian asked.

"Trying to be noticed."
"Yes whatever." Rian said and turned her back at Soyeon. But Soyeon knew exactly what she had to do to piss Rian off.
"My love, what are we doing today?"
"I don't know Soyeon. We'll talk about it later."
"Why later? Let's talk now. Do you want to stay home or go out?"
"We'll see."
"My mother said you should come for dinner some time."
"I see..."

"I wore the earrings you bought me today? Do I look good?"
"They're pretty..."
"Should we go somewhere alone?"

"I just found the guys."
"You'll see them again later. Come on, let's go!" Soyeon said as she took Sehun's hand and dragged him away.

 

"Oh my god she's intolerable. Such a show off. If she wasn't Sehun's girlfriend I'd slap her." Chanyeol said honestly.

"She's really pretty, but I can't stand her at all mate." Baekhyun added.

"Still, she's our friend's girlfriend so we shouldn't talk behind her back like that." Jongin opined too.

"Kim Jongin are you taking her side knowning how she treated me the other day?" Krystal asked her boyfriend.

"I'm not taking her side. I'm just saying it's not polite. You know I don't like her too."

"Anyway let's go back to class now. The lesson's about to start." And all of them headed to the classroom.


"Guys, I don't know what's wrong with you all today but no one seems to pay attention to what I'm saying." Mrs. Kim said honestly. She was probably the younger and cooler teacher they had. She was just 27 years old, so she understood kids better.

"It's because you're too pretty Mrs. Kim!" Chanyeol said.

"Park Chanyeol, complimenting me won't make your grades come up."
"Still, I tried."
"Seriously what's wrong with you? I'm talking to a wall."
"I'm paying attention Mrs.!" Haesung the class' nerd said, making everyone facepalm.
"I can't work with you alone Haesung. I'm supposed to be teaching a class and not only a student...All right, let's not do literature today. Let's go watch a movie at the auditorium. I'll search for an educational and instructive one."
"You're the best Mrs. Kim." Most of the kids said and they all got up from their sits and headed to the auditorium.

 

When they all got there Mrs. Kim searched for the movie and demanded that the kids would be quiet.

"Lee Rian, I need you to do me a favour."
"Yes Mrs."
"I need you to go lock the classroom."
"Of course Mrs. Can I drop by the toilet as well?"
"Of course Rian. Take your time, I trust you completely."
"Thank you Mrs." Rian said as she bowed to Mrs. Kim.

"Ah, and Oh Sehun, the headmaster wants to see you.

"Yes Mrs."


Rian headed to the classroom. It was too quiet when no one was there and she appreciated that. She took a deep breath and suddenly remembered that she would hang out with Chanyeol and Baekhyun. She got really nervous and she wondered if she did the right thing by agreeing. "You did well...It's okay to meet new people..." She thought to herself. She eventually locked the classroom and headed to the bathroom.

 

She looked at the mirror and started thinking of all the things Soyeon said to Sehun. "She said all this stuff to piss me off. She succeeded. I'm so jealous...I can't help it....They're together all the time and he even bought her earrings?"

 

 

 She opened the faucet to wash her hands. Suddenly water started dropping everywhere from the sink.

"Omo! What do I do?" She said as she tried to make it stop.

"Yah! Help me! Anyone?"

"Rian?" Sehun asked as he entered the bathroom and saw Rian soaked in water. 
"Yah! Aren't you going to help me?"
"Oh sorry!"

Then they both tried to fix the problem but they only made it worse.

The minutes were passing and the situation was getting out of hand. By now they were both drenched. At this rate the whole bathroom would overflow.

"We can't fix it." Rian said with a worried face.
"I know..." Sehun replied laughing.

"Why are you laughing?"
"Because we're funny!"
"Yah! Who's funny?" She said as she threw water on him.
"Did you just throw water on me?"
"Obviously."
"I'll show you!" He started tickling her.

"Oh Sehun! You don't play fair! Ah! Stop...hahhahahahaha" She said and she started kicking her legs.

They were playing with the water and they were tickling each other when suddenly Sehun slipped and fell on top of Rian.

They were still laughing, when reality hit them.

"We're so close..." They thought. 

No one talked. They were just looking at each other, trying to find answers. Each of them, answers to different questions. 

"What you are to me Lee Rian? I feel weird when I'm around you."
"What do you think of me Oh Sehun? Can someone like you like a girl like me?"

 

 

"I think we should ask someone to help us." Rian spoke first.

"Yes you're right." Sehun stood up and helped her too.

"Look at what a mess we are."
 

Sehun couldn't help but notice her wet shirt. Her bra was actually visible.

"Yah! Where do you think you're looking at ert?" She said putting her hands in front of her chest.

"This won't do." He was talking to himself as he took his jacket from the sink where he left it when he entered the bathroom. He placed it on her shoulders.

"It's a little wet, but keep it on until you reach home."
"Thank you..."

 

They both headed to the headmaster's office and informed him about the problem. The headmaster apologized to the students for the incident and thanked them. He also told them they were allowed to go home and that he would inform their teacher about it.

"Thank god he allowed us to leave."
"How are you going back home Sehun?"
"My motorcycle."
"Are you stupid? You're all wet. You'll catch a cold. Let's go with my driver."
"Are you sure?"
"Of course idiot. I'll text him now. Let's go to my locker. I left all of my stuff there when we left the classroom."

Rian took her cellphone out and started typing.

"Mr. Choi I need you to come pick me up now."


They waited for Mr. Choi to arrive outside of the school. Meanwhile they tried to avoid the other students' looks.

"Here he is! Let's go!" Rian said and headed towards the car.

"Hey old man! Thank you for coming. He's my friend Sehun! He's our neighbor."
"Oh he's the guy from school that you like?"

Rian's eyes almost fell off, and so did Sehun's. So Rian liked someone from school? Who was it? The only one enjoying the situation was Mr. Choi.
"Yah! What are you talking about?! When did I say I like a boy from school?"
"About a week ago?"
"Yah! I didn't!
"Okay okay you didn't!"

Rian gave Mr. Choi the *we'll talk at home* look and she changed the topic.

"So you're going out with Soyeon today?" She asked Sehun.

"I don't know yet. I guess."
"I see..."
"You'll go out with the guys?"
"I don't know yet. I guess..." She said as well, laughing.

 

When they arrived Sehun and Rian got out of the car and Mr. Choi went into the mansion to park it.

"Thank you so much for the ride."
"You're welcome. Let's go change our clothes before we catch a cold."
"Okay, see you!"
"Sehun-ah!"
"What?"
"If you don't go out with Soyeon join us."
"Sure, thank you for the invitation." Sehun smiled with honesty. He appreciated the fact that Rian invited him as well. He was actually afraid he would dump him for his friends.

 

Rian walked into the mansion and started looking for Mr. Choi.

"Where is Mr. Choi?" She asked a maid.

"He headed to the kitchen."
"Okay, thank you."

"This old man is going to regret it..."