winkun: japanese

And You

 kun was ready to enjoy a simple carefree evening after a long day of practice. the choreographer was going through some problems at home and decided to take out all his anger on the group by making them dance over and over to correct nonexistent mistakes. his legs were sore from going through the routine for what must have been thirty times more than he usually did.

his bed, a hot cup of tea, and a good book were all he needed. oh, and a nice nap.

the first person who greeted kun as he entered the dorm was renjun. he ran up to him and hugged him, asking about his day. all the frustrations and tiredness kun had melted away at the sight of renjun.

the thing is, kun had a soft spot for cute things. as in, he was obsessed with adorable things and people, people like renjun, chenle and sicheng. his obsession made it so that his usual logical mindset was thrown out the window.  

which meant when renjun casually mentioned that the entirety of his day was spent eyeing a new moomin doll, kun was more than obligated to stand back up and accompany renjun to the nearest toy store.

after finding the exact doll renjun wanted, kun handed him some money and pat him on the back, telling him to go and pay. as renjun ran up to the counter, kun looked down at his wrist-watch.

not enough time for a nap, but still enough time for some tea and a book.

renjun ran back and kun swears there are stars in his eyes. the younger boy thanked him repeatedly. kun smiled, pulling renjun to his shoulder as they walked back to the dorm.

when kun returned to the dorm again, the other members were spread out doing various activities, and after telling renjun to do whatever he needed to do, kun planned on sneaking back to his room. he’s halfway through the hallway when he feels a small hand on his shoulder. he turns and it’s chenle.

chenle, the music superstar himself, had the audacity to ask kun, yes regular old kun, for vocal help. the poor kid had been trying to get a note down for the whole day but could not, no matter what he tried to do.

what was a guy supposed to do? he would rather not turn chenle down and watch as the human ball of sunshine deflated. after agreeing, he watched as chenle’s eyes widened. the boy didn’t actually think kun would agree. kun reassured him with a nod and and took chenle aside.

kun somehow managed to get chenle to sing the line the way he wanted after an hour and a half. the boy was beyond grateful,  repeating “thank you” as he clung onto kun’s side. kun felt warm and might have just fallen asleep, but sicheng thought that it was a perfect idea to rip the two apart so he could drag kun to their shared room.

“please.”

“no.”

“please.”

i said no.”

please.” sicheng said once again, but this time with a small pout. kun looked away because he will not give in. no, he will not.

just because sicheng thought that he’s thinks that he’s some kind of god because he got to debut doesn’t mean anything. debuting doesn’t make him the boss of kun. it surely doesn’t mean that sicheng can just pull kun aside, say something and expect for it to happen. nope. nope. nope.

“no, i’m tired and sore. you’ll just make me even more sore.”

“don’t you miss me?” sicheng scooted closer, “don’t tell me you don’t miss me.”

“of course, i miss you.”

“then, come on.”

“fine,” kun said with a defeated sigh.

sicheng grinned and pecked him on the lip. he moved closer and pulled kun into a real kiss. sicheng was right. kun missed him more than he’ll ever know. sicheng pulled aways and broke into a grin. he leaned forward and stopped a few centimeters away from kun’s face.

“beautiful,” he breathed out. kun closed his eyes, waiting for sicheng to close the space between them once again. kun’s eyes shot open when he heard the sound of a fist hitting the closed door. he stood and walked to the door, leaving sicheng annoyed. he opened the door to find jaemin.

“you’re asking us for advice?” kun motioned to himself and sicheng, the latter looking a mix between confused and irritated.

“to be honest with you, i’ve never thought we would be in this predicament.” kun confessed.

it wasn’t that kun disliked the younger boy, but the two surely were not the closest. between language barriers, an , and other minor differences, the two were a bit awkward around each other. that fateful day when jaemin called him “winwin” was an indicator that they still had work to do. with the majority of the other members debuting and kun taking advanced korean classes, he had thought his relationship with jaemin was going smoothly, but not to the point where he would have the honor of being approached.

“i know we don’t talk that much, but renjun told me you’re really good at giving advice. and i know you’re really thoughtful. and the only other people i have asked were jaehyun-hyung and taeil, both who of which i honestly should have thought about. i don’t know why i didn’t ask you first.“

kun felt pride grow in his chest from the fact jaemin came to him before he had even thought of going to yuta or hansol, jaemin’s favorite hyungs. it was settled. if jaemin needed his help, well, jaemin was going to get his help.

“let me see,” kun began placing his hand under his chin. he looked determined with the way his eyebrows furrowed together as his lips pursed. he looked so cute sicheng could kiss him, but jaemin was still there. he needed to take care of jaemin, so he could go back to what he wants to be doing kun.

“confess in japanese,” sicheng said out of nowhere, which got the other two to turn and look at sicheng. he got up from the bed and walked to the door. he bent over slightly to meet jaemin at eye level. “hina speaks japanese, and she would think you’re cute. you confess, she accepts, and we all live happily ever after.”

“that’s a great idea,” kun said, his eyes twinkling as he imagined how the scenario would play out. kun almosts hyperventilated when he realized that it will most likely be the cutest thing ever. jaemin stuttering out random japanese, his face glowing in a pink tint. hina shyly accepting his confession, her eyes facing the ground because she’ll be so embarrassed. “ a really good idea.”

sicheng straightened his back and gave jaemin a look that demanded him to leave. the younger boy understood and backed away. sicheng then turned to kun and whispered into his ear, “i have another good idea. it involves you, me, the bed and no clothes.”

as usual, the members of nct 127 were at the sm company building practicing. luckily, with a model leader such as taeyong, the group was permitted to practice unsupervised. the best part, according to donghyuck, was that taeyong liked to give long, extended breaks.

sicheng liked to spend his breaks in the hallways. they were cool, the opposite of what sicheng was. he was steaming. right after jaemin left, kun would refuse to do anything but talk about jaemin and hina. if there was sicheng hated more than being ignored by kun, it was when kun ignored sicheng but didn’t know it.

just wait until this is all over, and i get my hands on jaemin, sicheng thought as he downed his water rather aggressively.

after placing it on the floor, sicheng stood up and began to stretch his body. once he finished stretching, his attention was brought to the sight of a familiar male entering the hallway. sicheng smiled and broke into a sprint toward the male.

“babe, sicheng spoke as he held onto the other male’s hand a warm feeling grew in his stomach.i didn’t know you were going to come visit me today,”

“actually i came, so i could watch jaemin confess.”

“of course, you did.” sicheng said as the warmth dissipated.

“ i’m going to go find jaemin now. i’ll circle back after the confession’s over,” kun said letting go of sicheng’s hand before taking a few footsteps away.

“wait,” sicheng said calling for kun’s attention, “let me come with you. i think i know where he would be.”

“do we really have to be here?” sicheng asked as they stood behind the wall adjacent to where jaemin was standing. after weaving through the building, the couple found jaemin pacing in front of the girls’ training room. in his hand, he held a single sheet of paper, which the two assumed had jaemin’s confession written on it.   

“yes. they won’t be able to see us from here,”  kun said in a hushed tone as he tried to peek his head from behind the wall.

“you know if no one can see us from here, we could be doing better things,” sicheng said as he s his arms around kun’s waist

“get your hands off me and be quiet. someone just came through the door.”

from their distance, they cannot hear the conversation between the two, but from the look on jaemin’s face, they can tell he is afraid of koeun. she glares at him once more before she enters the room again leaving jaemin to look even more nervous than before. seconds later, another person exits the room, but this time it is hina.

kun resisted the urge to squeal when he saw how hina’s face changed from a neutral expression into a large smile soon as she noticed jaemin. after exchanging greetings, jaemin then looked down at his sheet of paper. kun squeezed onto sicheng, who, surprisingly, was equally as engaged.

questions began to swirl around their minds.

how would she respond? would she be bashful and turn red? or would she unapologetically jump onto him in happiness? would she kiss him on the cheek? or would she kiss him---

“what are you guys doing behind this wall?” yuta asked prompting the pair to turn around and shush him. when they redirect their eyes to jaemin and hina, hina is giggling and jaemin is surely not giggling. she says something and smiles at jaemin before returning to practice.

kun was frozen.

did he just witness darling hina reject jaemin? no, that’s impossible. there must be a logical explanation. however, he can reach that logical explanation tomorrow. if he leaves right now, there should be a bus down the street, and he’ll be able to reach it if he runs. he’s about to run when he makes eye contact with jaemin.

“how’d it go?” sicheng asks despite knowing very well it did not go well.

“terrible. she laughed, said something in japanese, told me i made her day, and then went back inside.”

“hey now. hina would never straight up laugh at you, so it must have been something else,” kun says as he puts his hand on jaemin’s shoulder. i know

as sicheng and kun continue to comfort jaemin, yuta takes jaemin’s paper. he begins to read and shakes his head.

“please tell me you didn’t say this,” yuta says pointing at a highlighted sentence.

i think i said that?”  jaemin tells yuta as he looks at the sentence.

“well, for starters, you told hina you don’t like chicken overcooked.” yuta says with a pat on jaemin’s back as he tries to stifle a laugh.

“over cooked chicken !” jaemin exclaims as he buries his face in his hands.

“it’s okay jaemin. i don’t like overcooked chicken either.” kun tries to reassure jaemin with a small smile. however, instead of making jaemin feel better, it causes him to frown even more.

“at least we know she wasn’t laughing at your confession.” sicheng says causing yuta to finally laugh a bit too loud and a bit too near jaemin.

sicheng.”

“what? he can’t blame us, we told him not to use google translate.”