noren: love song

And You

after weeks of packed schedules, practices and recordings, all of the members were finally available to stay home together. to celebrate, the older members decided it would be a perfect time for relieving stress in the form of going to a karaoke room and singing their hearts out.

jaemin couldn’t find anything wrong with it and agreed to go. due to their large number of members, they had to walk there. along the way, there donghyuck brought excitement all the members telling them that they should be prepared for the show of their lives’. it's a short walk, but by the time they were halfway there, it’s dark and cold out.

and despite the darkness, jaemin could still make out hina’s face when the get close enough to the shop.

“i hope you guys don’t mind, but i invited the girls along.” donghyuck tells the other members. the other members aren’t upset. they are actually excited for how the night will go. all of them squeeze into a room, and yet despite being in the largest room available it’s still a tight fit.

as the rest of the members entered the room jaemin felt a hand on either arm on his left renjun and on his right jeno.

“ i say got7's 'confession song' is literally perfect,” jeno tells jaemin in a way that shows jaemin that he’s planning to say this for a while.

“no. don’t listen to jeno. i think falling in love by uniq is better!” renjun argues.

“okay and? last time you said that the cookies would be a good idea, and we all know how that turned out. so we are going with my song.”

after their little discussion with renjun being the loser, the three file in quickly. donghyuck waves jaemin over, so he can sit between him and hina.

the night goes by relatively well. the girls aren’t at his throat for once because they are too busy singing with each other. when he looks at hina, he sees that she is having a great time. he lets loose and starts singing along to donghyuck’s rendition of sistar’s touch my body. it’s the most fun he’s had in awhile.

in contrast, renjun and jeno were beginning to get worried. the members just kept inputting songs, and at this rate, jaemin won’t be able to sing his song. the look at each other and they can read each other’s minds. their only hope is donghyuck. before doyoung and taeyong start their song, jeno and renjun drag said boy out.

“so why are we out here. i wanted to listen to doyoung hyung and taeyong hyung do ‘a whole new world’ and now i missing it,” donghyuck whines.

renjun and jeno tell donghyuck the plan as quickly as they can, so they can peak back in the room. donghyuck is speechless. he can only shake his head as he walks back in telling them he’ll take care of it. as he enters, he grabs all the remotes and hides all but one. he uses the remaining one to input his favorite song. he might as well have some fun before the actual confession starts.

donghyuck calls to lami who is sitting by the songbook and hands her the remote. he tells her to look through the book and input in ‘confession song’ by got7.

she begins searching through the book and says that she thought he didn’t like singing this kind of song because they are too cheesy.

“you’re right. i don’t. the song is for jaemin,” he says with a smile before he moves to sit with the others. lami closes the book when she sees that he is talking with the others.

it doesn’t take a genius to figure out why jaemin would be singing such a song. it also doesn’t take a genius to figure out how to stop him.

“who’s after donghyuck?” jaehyun asks as he looks around the room, “we have 7 minutes left until our times up.”

“jaemin is, and he’s about to put on a show,” jeno says with the pride of a father. renjun flashes his teeth as he nods his head. with that being said, excluding herin, lami, and koeun, the rest of the room starts cheering.

jaemin is ushered to the center of the room as they wait for the song to start. the beat drops, and the song is neither confession song nor is it falling in love. it is bo beep by tara. the cheering gets louder. jaemin is about to protest, but he turns and looks at hina.

hina’s smile is bright as she claps along with the older members of nct. that's all he needs to see that he’s going to have to sing bo peep.

out of pitch and offbeat, jaemin ends up butchering the song with all the energy he has. after the song is over and everyone has enough video recordings to last them a lifetime, he is applauded. unsurprisingly, the loudest clappers are herin, lami and koeun.