doyoung: phone call

And You

“donghyuck wasn’t lying when he said you stare at your phone a lot.” doyoung said to jaemin, who had draped his body across the living room couch and was going through his phone.

“oh, hi doyoung hyung,” jaemin said as he made room for doyoung. he put his phone face down onto his lap pretending he wasn’t on it just seconds prior.

more recently, jaemin had been getting more attached to his phone. the rest of s suspected it had to do with hina, and they were right.

every day jaemin received text little messages like “hope practice goes well” and “make sure to get rest.”

the first time, he received a message from hina, it was a surprise. it was the middle of practice when his phone went off. he had to check if his eyes were playing tricks on him when he read the message. he even went as far as asking donghyuck to read the message to him. from that moment, the messages became routine, but still, each time hina’s name pops up on his phone he feels the same excitement from the first.

“you know considering you’re always on that phone of yours, you could alway just call her. in the worst case scenario, you could hang up when you feel nervous. at least in this way, you could just get it over with.” doyoung suggested reaching into his pocket to pull out his phone.

“i’ll show you how easy it is. watch this.” doyoung dialed a number on the phone. he smiled at jaemin and spoke into the phone, “taeyong-hyung i know you’re on the way home with the rest of 127 but i just wanted to tell you i like you.oh and i think you’re hot. bye.”

jaemin gave doyoung a startled look. the older male, already regretting his actions, had begun to blush.

“see not that hard at all. now give me your phone.” doyoung ordered as he feigned nonchalance his voice higher than usual. he stretched out his arm as he opened his clenched fist.

jaemin looked down at his phone.

i’ve got nothing to lose right?

he handed it to doyoung.

“what’s your password?” doyoung asked after he’d turned jaemin’s phone on. before jaemin answered, doyoung began typing. there’s a click and the phone unlocks. “ ‘hina’ really?”

he quickly scrolled through it and pulls up hina’s phone number. he turns to jaemin. “are you ready?”

“don’t have much of a choice do i?”

“exactly.” doyoung says as he pushes call and then speaker.  after everything is set, he hands the phone to jaemin.

the pair waits ten seconds before the line connects. the phone call is shaky as a voice on the other line whispers a “hello”.  

“hey. i know it's late.” jaemin stopped. he looked up to doyoung who used his hands to tell him to continue. “but i need to get something off my chest.”

“jae-”

“no hina, i need to tell you it now.”  jaemin takes a deep breath. “i like you okay? like i really like you. as in you are all i think about ever. but every time i want to tell you i get really flustered because you’re so beautiful. that’s really all i had to say ... hina?”

instead of hearing an answer he hears a familiar laugh. jaemin turns white.

“koeun-noona?”

“that’s what i was trying to tell you before you cut me off. anyways, that was a cute little confession you did just now. that’s too bad hina wasn’t able to hear it. better yet too bad she won’t know about it either. good night jaemin.”

he didn’t even get to ask about hina before koeun ended their conversation.

“donghyuck wasn’t lying when he said you have bad luck.” doyoung joked with a grin. he looked down. seeing jaemin, he stopped smiling. “cheer up. at least, you didn’t say anything embarrassing.”

“you’re saying that wasn’t embarrassing?”

“you’re right. that was pretty embarrassing.”