Reunion

What hurts the most - ON HOLD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hangeng nervously stepped in and bowed to greet everyone. At first, the others were just standing there, all frozen, but Leeteuk immediately bowed back and everyone followed his example. Heechul decided to break the silence and excitedly welcomed his boyfriend.

 

"Hi, I am so glad you came." And he smiled like a total idiot. Hangeng couldn't help himself and grinned a little too.

"Yeah... uhm... I heard what happened and I was ... err... worried. I know, we haven't seen each other in a long time and me leaving the group was quite sudden and problematic... And uhm.. I am really sorry, I don't know how to explain this properly but I am just really sorry everyone."

 

Everyone was silent and kept looking at the floor, not knowing how to react. Sure, they were angry at Hangeng, leaving them all just like that, but they blamed themselves as well. It was not solely his mistake, they should have been more attentive, more considerate when it came to him and now they were not facing only "the betrayer", but they were facing their own failures as well.

 

Eunhyuk was still in the bed, looking at everyone keeping their mouth shut and he decided to support Hangeng's return. He was also upset about everything and what happened in the past, didn't sit with him well, but Siwon needed this. He couldn't selfishly ignore this rare opportunity. He was painfuly aware of how important Hangeng was in Siwon's life so he decided to not dwell on the past and for once be forgiving.

 

"Yeah, well... we could help you out more. It was not only your fault so let's just not blame each other. What happened, happened. It's not like we can change it. So welcome back, I guess." He smiled shyly. He tried to be cool and indifferent, but deep down he was burning with anxiety. 

 

The rest of the members were shocked at Eunhyuk's fast response but they admitted he was right. It's not like they could go back in time. However, Leeteuk couldn't just let it go. 

 

"I'm sorry... I can't" He said and quickly escaped from the room. It was one thing, to remain polite to each other, it was another to act as if nothing happened. He ran to the restroom and locked himself in one of the stalls. 

 

Kyuhyun decided to follow after the leader.

"I don't mind, that you are here." He said to Hangeng.

"But I think, some of us will need a little time to accept you back fully. Don't worry, it will turn out alright in the end. We are still Super Junior." He smiled and then left to find Leeteuk.

Donghae was of course on the same side as Eunhyuk and gladly welcomed him back. Shindong, Yesung and Reywook remained a little reserved, but overally, they were also alright with his return. They decided to go and grab a coffee, so everyone left,  leaving only Heechul, Eunhyuk and Hangeng in the room. It suddenly got a lot hotter. Heechul was looking at Hangeng with a deep passion and longing but as long as Eunhyuk was in the room, they couldn't exactly express their true feelings. It was very frustrating for both of them, to be so close, yet unable to touch each other.

 

"Won't you go and visit Siwon?"

Hangeng blinked and suddenly he figured out why he felt like something was missing. With so many different emotions mixing in him plus meeting the members was a little  overwhelming, so he totally missed the fact, that Siwon was not in the room. 

"Oh, yeah. Can you tell me wich room, he is in?" He asked, a little flustered. 

"501"

"Thanks." He quickly left, before he could really jump at Heechul, not caring about Eunhyuk being there at all. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEANWHILE SIWON

 

Someone knocked on the door and Siwon blinked. 

"Yes?" he rasped out. It wasn't long since the members left and he was curious who could it be. When Hangeng entered, he thought, his heart would give in. It was such a shock, it made him feel dizzy. Why was he here? How could he be here? Did the others know? Why haven't anyone told him? 

"Hi. I was worried. Are you okay?"

Siwon just kept looking at him like he was seeing him for the first time in his life. Hangeng came because of HIM? He was worried? Siwon smiled from ear to ear, his dimples showing. He was so happy. He knew, it was ridiculous to have hope just because of something like this, but it still made him feel ecstatic. Hangeng was here. He came, because he cared and the world seemed so nice all of a sudden. Even the pain became more bearable. 

"Yeah, yeah. I'm okay. Just a little sore."

"I'm glad to hear that. Can I stay here with you for a little bit? Everyone is kinda shocked to see me here." 

"Sure, that's fine. I've... You know, I've missed you, right?"

"Ah, I've missed you, too." 

Hangeng sat on the chair next to the bed and grabbed Siwon's hand. They both had a slightly teary eyes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEANWHILE LEETEUK

 

Leeteuk was so angry. He understood, that the situation right now was a nice opportunity for them to deal with their past, but it was just so upsetting. Yeah, the members were not exactly the best of friends for Hangeng, but he was their leader and he tried back then, too. He always asked Hangeng if he was alright and he pleaded with Lee So Man many times to go easier on the man. It was so unfair, that Hangeng cut him off just like that. It hurt so much... Despite all of his efforts, Hangeng never told him anything and after he left, he never picked up his calls or replied to any of the messages and so Leeteuk felt betrayed. He needed more time to accept this. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEANWHILE EUNHYUK

 

The nurse came and gave Eunhyuk a few papers.

"We would like  to start the therapy as soon as possible. The longer you don't move your legs, the harder it would get later on, so we planned the first session for tomorrow. Do you think, you can handle that, sir?"

Eunhyuk just nodded.

"Everything is explained in the materials, I just gave you. It's a detailed description of the whole procedure and some tips for you. What should you do and what you shouldn't. I hope, you will follow the rules and make a fast recovery."

Eunhyuk again nodded.

"Yeah, yeah. I will do everything you ask me to. I also want to get better quickly."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued