The start

What hurts the most - ON HOLD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEANWHILE SIWON

 

Siwon slowly opened his eyes only to shut them tightly again because the light was too strong for him. He ached all over, even in places, he did not know could ache. It hurt to breathe, it hurt to move, it hurt to exist. Hi sighed and tried to open his eyes one more time. He looked around the room and the first person that came into his sight was Yesung, sitting on the chair next to his bed, his head hanging low, eyes closed. He must have fallen asleep while waiting for Siwon to wake up. Siwon smiled. Yesung was a great hyung. He was not very open and didn't always voice out his opinions or troubles, but actions speak louder than words and he was always there when Siwon needed him. Yesung always took care about the members quietly, as if he didn't want them to know what he did but Siwon has noticed. He knew, it was Yesung who would put a blanket over him when he fall asleep in the waiting room or in a car. He knew, it was Yesung who would put more meat into his plate when he thought he wasn't looking. He also knew, it was Yesung who sang him back  to sleep when he felt sick or had a nightmare. Suddenly, Yesung woke up as if he could sense someone was observing him. Siwon noticed the dark circles under his eyes and how pale his hyung was and he felt guilty about worrying him so much. At first, Yesung was a little disoriented but then he glanced at Siwon, his eyes widen in suprise and he gasped. 

"Oh my God, you are awake. But they said you won't wake up for a few days, how come you are awake? Are you okay? Are you not hurting anywhere? Am I still dreaming?"

"Hey, hey, calm down." Siwon chuckled at his flustered hyung.

"Of course, I'm not okay, Who could just walk out from an accident like that? Which reminds me... are Donghae and Eunhyuk alright?"

Yesung just nodded, tearing up.

"Yeah, yeah. They are fine. Donghae wasn't hurt at all and Hyukkie injured his legs pretty seriously, but we are hopeful it will get better with the therapy. He underwent a surgery and it was successful, so yeah..." He couldn't continue as more tears started to fall.

"Why are you crying? Hyung?"

"i'm... I'm just so happy you woke up. It was bad, Siwon. It was really really bad. They said, you may die."

Siwon gulped. He knew, he was seriously injured from the start and he could tell, that it wasn't an easy fight from the way how much his body ached, but he didn't imagine it could be as serious as to threaten his life.

He took Yesung's hand into his own and hold it tightly.

"I'm not gonna lie. I am in a lot of pain right now and I know, the upcoming weeks, maybe even months won't be easy. but I will be fine so stop worrying about me. I deserve this. It was all my fault." 

"NO, NO IT WASN'T! You can't think like that." Yesung got angry.

"I was the one driving and as I see it, that makes me responsible. No matter what you say, you can't argue with the facts."

"Stop. You were tired and didn't feel well. The other car made a mistake for not slowing down so don't blame yourself too much."

Siwon just looked away. He didn't want to argue with Yesung, but he was the culprit, he knew that much. Yesung sighted.

"By the way, Heechul is here, too. He somehow injured himself a little in the army so they brought him here. He shares the room with Hyukkie, so everyone is there. I think, they will move you soon, too if you will feel up to it, of course. Like I've said, you condition was very serious so they had to leave you in an intensive care and they didn't even let us in, because you were fighting some kind of infection. It got a little better yesterday so I've finally managed to persuade them to at least, let me inside."

"Thank you."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEANWHILE HEECHUL

 

Heechul was resting when he felt his phone vibrate.

"I've just landed."

He smiled and look around the room. The members were also doozing off. How would they react when they meet him? Heechul was wondering how would this turn out. He didn't mention to anyone, that he called Hangeng and he was a little bit worried, they might reject him and be angry with him. He wished Siwon could be there, when it happened. He was sure, Siwon would gladly welcome him back and so maybe the rest of the members would also feel more willing to forgive. Just as he was thinking about Siwon, Yesung stormed in with a smile on his face.

"Hey, everyone, he woke up." His excited voice has woken up all of those, who were sleeping and soon they were rushing to Siwon's room to see him. Well, except Heechul and Eunhyuk, of course, who were still injured. However, it was also Donghae that stayed behind.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MEANWHILE DONGHAE

Donghae felt very relieved when Yesung told them Siwon was conscious but when everyone rushed to see him, he felt like he didn't deserve to face him. He was so ashamed of his own weakness and the guilt was still eating him up from inside. People were weak, they would push the blame onto others, because they were scared of how much it could hurt them so Donghae hasn't done anything wrong, he just tried to protect himself and yet, it felt so wrong to do so. Hae could see still Siwon's frighten face in the operating room and it made his stomach churn again. However, he knew he couldn't stay here because it would only worry the rest of the members more and he really didn't think he could handle talking about the way he felt right now. So hesistently he took a few steps forward and slowly followed the rest of the group. Maybe, if they all came there together, Siwon wouldn't pay him so much attention. He had to stop running away from his fears, it only made things worse. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued

 
ps: I am so sorry for this short chapter, but my muse is still a little uncooperative when it comes to this story. However, I think, I will start updating more regularly now and the story will finally progress. Thank you for still supporting me, I will work hard.