SUMMER BREAK AND SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL

Say Yes

Flashback

 “Seo what is that?” Luhan who was 14 that time asked while eyeing the cloth 12 year-old Seohyun was wearing. It was the first time Seohyun was wearing something besides her when they bathe together. Seohyun who was facing opposite him in the bath tub looked up to him. She saw that he was pointing at her undergarment. “It’s a baby bra .” She smacked his head. “I know that but why are you wearing one?” He asked frowning. “Appa and uncle told me not to remove it a while ago.” “Why?” Seohyun shrugged her shoulders as she herself didn’t know. “Turn around.” Luhan ordered and Seohyun stood up to sit with her back facing him. Luhan pulled her closer before pouring a good amount of shampoo to his palm. He wet Seohyun’s hair and started massaging it with the shampoo. “You didn’t cut your hair. It’s long now.” He commented and Seohyun nodded. “Appa told me not to touch it. He wants me to enter senior high school in a long hair and bangs.” Seohyun sighed as Luhan giggled and continued kneading her hair. “Senior high school is a long way to go Joohyunah. You’re still turning 13.” He commented.

“Is it really okay for them to still bathe with each other? They’re not kids anymore.” Mr. Lu said while biting his nails. God knows what he was thinking that time. On the other hand, Mr. Seo felt dizzy with his friend. “Calm down. They always do this even after my daughter began to have her periods.” Mr. Lu gaped at the other man. “My God Seo!! Here I am worrying for your daughter yet you, her dad, are totally not worried. What if they do something??!!” Mr. Lu exclaimed. Mr. Seo rolled his eyes at his friend. “You’ve taken too much caffeine that’s why you’re this paranoid.”

“How are you feeling now that uncle is assigned abroad?” Luhan asked as rubbed his soapy hands on Seohyun’s shoulders and arms. “I feel lonely of course but I’m used to it. It’s appa’s work.” Seohyun said. “But the good thing is Uncle Inguk allowed you to attend my school in senior high.” Luhan said in a cheery tone. Their parents decided to let the two attend the same school once Seohyun graduates and enters Senior high school. “Finally we can be together not only during vacations but every day.” “We’re not gonna be classmates though because you’re a year ahead of me” Seohyun said. “But it’s still better than seeing you only in summer vacations.” Luhan said totally looking forward to when she moves to his house.

While Seohyun and Luhan were taking their time in the bathroom of Seohyun’s room, the two fathers were also feeling nervous. “Why aren’t they finished yet?” Mr. Seo who was finally influenced with Mr. Lu’s paranoia asked as he gulped down his tea. “It’s more than half an hour.” Mr. Lu commented. Suddenly, they heard series of loud thuds on the floor coming from Seohyun’s room upstairs. The two men looked at each other before shouting incomprehensible words as they ran upstairs.

Mr. Lu opened the door furiously only to see books scattered on the floor and a broken wooden divider attached on the wall. From the looks of it, the books must have been too much for the thin wood that it collapsed resulting to the books falling down the floor. “I should buy her a book shelf now.” Mr. Seo commented.

But it wasn’t time to relax, why hadn’t the two come out from the bathroom? Why aren’t they making a noise behind the bathroom door? The two glanced at each other again and gulped down their saliva synchronically. Mr. Seo slowly made his way to the bathroom door as Mr. Lu trailed behind him while clutching the hem of his shirt. Clutching the knob tightly, Mr. Seo, together with Mr. Lu heaved a sigh and counted one to three before opening the door in thunder speed.

“Aaahh!!!” Seohyun and Luhan screamed at the surprise enter of their fathers. Mr. Seo and and Mr. Lu sighed after seeing the two playing with their rubber ducks in the tub. The two oblivious kids gave them an annoyed and confused expression. “Why? What happened?” Seohyun asked. “Can’t you at least knock?” Luhan crossed his arms over his chest. “No-nothing. Sorry.” Mr. Lu stammered. “Wash now. We’re eating breakfast.” Mr. Seo said and went out with Mr. Lu with relieved sighs. Afterwards, they both laughed their silly thoughts. “Our kids are too childish to even think about those things. What are we even thinking?” Mr. Lu commented.

After eating breakfast, the two kids ran off with their other friends to play soccer at the open lot of Mrs. Song’s place. Their vacations were spent like that, Luhan and his dad would immediately pack their bags to visit their friends and they would stay glued with each other- Mr. Lu and Mr. Seo and Luhan and Seohyun- until it was time for them to leave.

 

Finally, the time has come for Seohyun and her dad to move in the Xi’s manor. Seohyun that year was entering SM High, Luhan’s school for Senior Year. Her dad stayed with her before he flying  to Dubai again for work. “Ready for school?”  Seohyun turned around to see her dad and Mr. Lu leaning on each side of her door. “Yeah.” She replied softly. “Seohyun-ah please look after Luhan for me.” Mr. Lu said as he stared at her new uniform hanging on the clothes rack. “That deer player needs to be looked after uncle? I bet it’s me who needs to watch out since he’s just next door.” Seohyun let out a loud laugh as she bent backwards in wide-opened mouth.  Mr. Lu felt uncomfortable with her comment. He didn’t know when or how his son became so fond of women and drinking and it made him feel disappointed and shy to his friend. “That child.” He muttered under his breath. Mr. Seo smacked his reckless daughter after sensing his best friend’s discomfort. “I’m sorry uncle.” Seohyun said. “Luhan’s just undergoing a normal change for boys Lu. He’s rebelling. Normal for a boy his age.” Mr. Seo said to lighten his friend’s mood. Mr. Lu nodded and the two left Seohyun alone in her room.

“Where is that boy anyway?”

 

Beep~ beep~

Seohyun groaned as she stirred in her sleep. The loud ringing of her phone woke her up. She glanced at her alarm clock and found that it was still three in the morning. Great!! Who is this calling me at this hour??!! She angrily thought as she fetched her phone by her nightstand. She aggressively rubbed her face seeing that Luhan was calling her. He’s not yet home?! Damn that .

 

“Hello?!” She angrily spat not trying to hide her irritation. Luhan replied with a drunken chuckle that set her in flames even more. “Luhan! You’re drunk again!! May I remind you that you’re still a minor for goodness sake!!” Luhan replied in murmurs and Seohyun knew he was pouting that time. “What you want?” She asked hushing her voice as she realized someone might hear her. “I’m outside at your balcony. Let me in.” Seohyun widened her eyes and immediately ran to her balcony where she saw Luhan leaning on her glass door. Did he climb all the way up here? FREAKING FREAK THIS GUY! She flung it open and caught the giggling Luhan who fell in her arms. She rolled her eyes at him since she was really disappointed in him. All those years he would happily tell her how excited he was to have her in the same school as his made her think that he’d be as giddy and excited as she was when she moved in but to her disappointment, the boy went out to do another of his freak shows and didn’t even bother welcoming her.

“Welcome to our home Seobaby!!” He cheered as he flung his disoriented arm in the air. “Stop it!!” She pushed him on the ground. Luhan groaned and glared at her. Seohyun really wanted to give the guy a scolding but remembering that it was a school day, she decided to help him sober up. “Come let’s go to your room and take a bath. You smell horrible.” She scooped Luhan from the floor and walked him to his room which was just beside hers. “Key.” She ordered and Luhan took it out of his pocket.

Seohyun made him lie on his bed as she snatched his nightclothes and underwear from his drawer. She prepared his bath before going back to him. “Come.” She said and pulled Luhan from the bed. Luhan whined as he was feeling sleepy. “You dare to drink but you can’t handle yourself. Such a brat.” She scoffed. Luhan turned before entering the glass-walled shower room and pointed at her. “You!” he said in a dejected tone that showed in his watery eyes. Seohyun frowned. “What about me?” she curiously asked. “I hate you for ditching me.” He spat as tears rolled down his face.

Seohyun sighed as she was tired hearing the same complaints from Luhan. How was she able to explain the reason why she needed to distance herself from him a little? Luhan didn’t seem to understand why it was unavoidable for them to grow up and eventually restrict things they’ve been doing in their childhood. Why they can’t sleep on the same bed? Why they can’t bathe together anymore? Why they can’t always be seen clinging with each other as often as before? Was it that hard for Luhan to understand that it was the way it should be? They weren’t kids anymore. Hell him being a ladies’ man is another big point why Seohyun needed to distance a little. She just wanted to protect both their dignities and images. She didn’t want people to think otherwise of what they really are: friends.

“Are we in this again?” She asked almost giving up. “Yes!! You-

Luhan didn’t finish his words as he vomited all over the tiled floor. “Yuuuuccckkkk!!!” Seohyun screamed witnessing the disgusting sight. Luhan looked up and grinned at her. The right side of Seohyun’s upper lip twitched as she felt mentally attacked by Luhan’s actions. She face-palmed herself and shook her head. “Stay here.” She ordered and settled Luhan on a stool. She went out and retrieved a clean cloth to clean his mess. After that, she pushed Luhan inside the shower room and turned the shower into medium. “Stay still.” She said as she decided to help him cleanup of course not crossing the boundary.

“Ho!ho!ho!” Luhan cheered in a teasing manner as Seohyun went down with her school uniform for breakfast. Seohyun glared at him as she was really mad at him for taking too much of her time resulting for her to have less sleep hours. “Joohyun-ah is wearing a short skirt.” Luhan sang to more while the two fathers looked at each other before glancing at Luhan and shook their heads. Seohyun gestured a punching action as she sat across Luhan. She took one slice of toasted bread and spread nutella over it. She was happily munching her food when she felt something soft wriggling and brushing on her leg. She looked up and saw Luhan smirking slyly at her.  She gritted her teeth and kicked the boy under the table. “Aaaahhh!!” Luhan yelped in pain. “What is it Luhan?” Mr. Seo asked. Luhan turned to him and said, “Uncle, Joohyun kicked my leg.” He said in his innocent voice. “Because he won’t stop pestering me!!” She told her dad while glaring at Luhan. “Yaaahhh!! I’m older than you!!” Luhan spat back in a higher tone. Soon the two started to bicker in increasing volume. “Shut up!!” Mr. Lu pounded on the table. “You two go to school. Now!!!” Mr. Lu angrily shouted. “But uncle I’m still eating!!” Seohyun whined. “You heard me Seo Joohyun!!!” Mr. Lu sternly said. Seohyun turned to her appa but he ignored her. Great!! Thank you Lu Han!!!

Luhan and Seohyun sat side by side inside the car while keeping their silence. The driver sensed that the two weren’t in good terms so he decided to lighten the mood by playing a song. A bubbly song was heard and was effectively working on Seohyun if not for Luhan’s interruption. “I bet you’re now thinking of buying make ups and wearing frills and ribbons.” He said and scoffed. Seohyun gave him a -please look and grunted. “What is your problem really?” she asked frustrated. “I want my Joohyun back. That cool Joohyun who was my first friend.” He said coldly. “I am still that Joohyun. I just couldn’t permit us doing things like bathing with each other and such because it’s not good to look at. Other than that, I’m still your bro who was able to beat you in soccer.” She said and punched his right arm. Luhan sighed. Why do we have to adjust with society’s views?? He thought. Sensing that he still didn’t want to mend things with her, Seohyun decided to tease. “And besides you have a lot of babes with you. Why don’t you ask them instead?” Luhan chuckled which made Seohyun triumphant. “Yeah. You jealous Joohyun? You want hot girls as well?” he teased and gave her a friendly smirk. Seohyun laughed and replied “Yeah oppa.” The two spent the rest of their way to school talking like mad people.

_____________________

A/N: Another update for you guys... I'm just taking things slow like how my grades are killing me. LOL. Anyways, thank you to those who left their comments. I really do appreciate it. Tell me your opinions and suggestions below okay? bye bye now.

P.S. Seobaby's english interviewing skills and her drama (basically everything she's doing) makes me cry out of pride. I'm such a mom. keke.