The Lady in Red (Part Two)

Say Yes

Again, I know Luhan is somewhat disappointing but he will soon prove himself to y'all (I hope so).

Part Two 

And because Hyoyeon and her husband Joowon were the organizers of the event, there wouldn’t only be a children’s party happening of course. In the late afternoon, just as planned, they shifted the children’s party inside the mansion particularly in the children’s bedroom that they organized beforehand to turn into a room full of toys and food for the kids. The maids and Taeyeon kept an eye to the kids as the adults quickly changed into their party clothes. The men wore random clothes but the women made sure they all wore red. Hyoyeon thought of the idea given the fact that they’re husbands attended making it into a huge romantic couples-circle.  As the women took their time beautifying themselves, the men, who got ready in just less than five minutes, prepared the red carpet, lighting, candles and the stage. It was almost dark and the candle lights provided the intimate atmosphere of the backyard. The women were ready and they excitedly strut down from the changing room to the backyard with eagerness to show their partners their looks. It was like a group of men falling madly in love all over again. The husbands either stood frozen, was grinning, biting their nails or gawking that showed they were blown away with their individual woman-in-red. Luhan may not be a husband, as to his jealousy over the other guys who can freely claim one gorgeous lady as theirs, but he was as giddy as them to see Seohyun.  And as expected, he found himself overwhelmed almost tearing up on the beauty that is Seohyun. She wore an off-shoulder body hugging dress that reached up to her mid-thigh. It was his first time seeing her in a tight dress. He can’t stop staring at her until he saw Joohyuk coming up to her. He linked their arms and he whispered to her ear to which she smiled beautifully. Luhan laughed at himself for looking like a total loser. Did he just expect Seohyun to come to him? She had another date that night he forgot. He felt a hand on his shoulder and he looked over his shoulder to see who it was. “Don’t sulk. She’s not gonna ignore you. For sure she’ll approach you later on.” Yuri whispered as her husband nodded in agreement. Although they were just trying to lighten his mood, it only worsened as Luhan began thinking how pathetic and hopeless he must’ve looked to the others. He went to the farthest table where the single ones were assembled. He sat next to Kris who looked uncomfortable himself. On the next table, Krystal, who refused to change clothes was glaring at Kai who kept on teasing her. “Are you hitting on me?!” She cocked an eyebrow at him. “I don’t know baby.” Kai playfully told her as Lay and Chanyeol laughed at the side. Krystal looked daggers at them and asked “What did you feed this imp for him to act gross?” Lay and Chanyeol barely stopped their laughs. “We just payed him to annoy you.” Chanyeol told her and rolled her eyes and looked down to her phone. “Baby are you cheating on me?” “Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!” she exclaimed frustrated and decided to join Taeyeon in looking after the children.

As She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5 was being played, Joohyuk pulled Seohyun into the dance floor for a dance. Seohyun reluctantly followed him and he grabbed her arms to circle around his neck while has hands were securely placed on her waist. “You’re beautiful.” He whispered and she caught sight of him blushing and thought it was cute.

Baekhyun threw a napkin towards Luhan who had a bitter expression on his face. “What was that for?!” Luhan asked angrily and glared at the guy who was sitting across him. “Are you just gonna sit there and eat your heart out?!” Baekhyun glared back. “This is so unmanly of you hyung.” Sehun added followed by a nod from Chen and Kris. “Go and ask her for a dance. I’ll help you. Just tell me her favorite song.” Baekhyun said and Luhan nodded although he wasn’t sure how he’ll help him.

Chen glanced to Kris as soon as Luhan walked off to Seohyun. “You too Kris hyung.” Kris and Sehun eyed him with curiosity. “Me? Who am I gonna ask?” Kris asked as Chen gave him a smile. “Who else? Your long-time crush Taeyeon noona!” Kris and Sehun’s eyes widened because of shock. “Hyung you sweet on Taeyeon noona?!” Sehun couldn’t believe what he just heard. As far as he knows, his older brother was never interested in women. Although Kris was surprised and most definitely wanted to keep his secret forever, he decided to tell the truth. “Yes I like her. Since high school.” Chen smiled and patted the older guy’s head. “How’d you know? When did you find out?” Kris asked him. “Since high school. You were naturally t quiet and always appeared to be cold that’s why it was hard for anyone to notice. They simply thought that you treated her the same way you treated other people but to me it was obvious. Rather than quiet, speechless is the word I’ll use for your lack of words to Taeyeon. I saw you tried to get into a conversation with her but always end up failing until you lost your chance. I’m not as smart as you hyung but I’m a great observer.” Chen finally said.

I thought I perfectly hid my feelings. Turns out someone saw right through me.

“I can’t believe this. So that’s the reason why you never liked any of the girls Omoni and Aboji set-up with you. Because someone has stolen your heart already.” Sehun said shaking his head sideways. It was too much for him to digest. After a while, Sehun furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Kris. “But how can it be hard to talk to a woman you like? It’s easier than doing a presentation.” He said totally not getting his brother’s problem. Kris gave him a weak smile and said “That is why I told you I envy you. You can do effortlessly the thing I’m dying to do. And because I’m a coward, I lost her completely.” Kris shifted his gaze to Baekhyun who whispered something to Yuri before standing at the center stage with a mic in hand.

All the while you’re the perfect son, the perfect brother and the perfect man. I felt jealous of you for being someone I cannot be. I didn’t know you’re thinking the same. I felt resentful sometimes because I couldn’t be like you not knowing how empty and useless you feel of yourself inside. I’m sorry Kris hyung.

Luhan cleared his throat as he made his way from Seohyun’s back. “Can I have the next dance?” Seohyun giggled and immediately agreed. Luhan saw how Joohyuk smiled lovingly at Seohyun as she did the same. He ignored the constricting pain in his heart and asked for her hand. Seohyun comfortably wrapped her arms around his neck as he s his around her waist. Seeing that the two had settled, Baekhyun gestured an okay sign to Sunny and the song had started. Seohyun gasped immediately hearing the melody. She looked at Luhan and they smiled brightly at each other. “I love this song oppa!!” She exclaimed and tightened her hold on him. “It’s the perfect song for you.” He whispered as he slowly swayed the both of them.

I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight,
I've never seen you shine so bright

The Lady in Red by  Chris de Burgh was being sung by Baekhyun as Luhan and Seohyun looked straight in each other’s’ eyes. Everyone smiled as they watched the two dance like it was only them in that place. Yoona rested her head on the shoulder of her husband as they both admired the two. Jessica whispered something to her husband as he quickly gathered Stellar and Joowon. They switched off the lights and blew the candles that were far from Seohyun and Luhan’s place leaving the candles at the table beside and at the back of Seohyun to illuminate the two. Seohyun gasped and looked for someone to turn the lights on. “Oppa you have night blindness. You can’t see in the dark.” She warily told Luhan as the man shook his head. “This is better because the only one I see is you.” He told her and she blushed madly. How can I mistake my feelings for you as a brotherly love? You, all this time Seo Joohyun, are the only woman my heart beats for. You are the only one I cannot live without. You. Only you. Because I love you.

The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,
There's nobody here, it's just you and me,
It's where I want to be,
But I hardly know this beauty by my side,
I'll never forget the way you look tonight

Luhan pulled Seohyun to a hug and their cheeks kissed each other giving each other warmth. With the light of the candles around them as the only source of light, Seohyun and Luhan danced as their hearts drummed against their chests.

I've never seen you looking so gorgeous as you did tonight,
I've never seen you shine so bright, you were amazing,
I've never seen so many people want to be there by your side,
And when you turned to me and smiled, it took my breath away,
And I have never had such a feeling,
Such a feeling of complete and utter love, as I do tonight

Chen and Kyungsoo joined Baekhyun and the song sounded more enchanting that the other couples started to dance even though it was dark. “Oppa I want to tell you something.” Seohyun whispered near Luhan’s ear. Angelic. Luhan always thought of her voice that way. “This afternoon Joohyuk asked me to give him a chance to prove himself to me.” Luhan withdrew himself and made Seohyun face him. Seohyun sighed as she smiled a bit. “I said yes.”

Luhan wanted to be strong. He wanted to show that he was happy for her but his tears betrayed him. Seohyun gasped and frantically cupped his face. “Oppa. Why?” she asked warily. Luhan shook his head and gave a smile. “This is nothing. So he’s your boyfriend already?” He smiled as his tears rolled down nonstop. “No. we’ve only met just a week ago silly. But we’re officially dating now.” Luhan produced a shaky sigh. “I see.” Seohyun pouted as she wiped his tears with her thumb. “Why are you crying oppa?” She asked once more. Luhan suddenly hugged her and rested his chin on her shoulder. She was surprised with his sudden action. She could feel his warm breath hitting her neck. “Just know that I love you. I love you.” His voice was breaking. “I know.” Seohyun said and giggled. But the reality was she didn’t. And Luhan could only hug her. Luhan closed his eyes. It was supposed to be a romantic moment but he was left pained by himself without anyone in that place knowing. Not even the lady he was hugging and was hugging him back.

I never will forget the way you look tonight...
The lady in red, the lady in red,
The lady in red, my lady in red,

I love you...