Kidnap Story Part 1

Say Yes

As hidden as she could be, Minah looked over to the subdivision entrance where a guard-clearly he was tired even though it was still eight in the evening- he stood so aimlessly, doing his job so poorly but Minah just can’t enter the subdivision. Because if she did so, everyone will know she had gone to the orphanage at that hour and that was not what she wanted. She parked her car in a cliff to make sure that no camera would capture her once she uses it  for escape later on and walked to the subdivision with a black hoodie on so the CCTVs won’t capture her face. Then she stood in between cars of a parking lot across the subdivision thinking of her next act. How can I walk past the guard? She thought. On her left, she noticed a van with a large picture of a dairy milk product printed to its sides approaching. Minah remembered the new establishment just three buildings away from Kris’ orphanage. It was a small factory producing various milk products. The van stopped by a convenience store and the driver went out and to it. Minah scampered, ran as if a treasure she had found and stopped when she reached the van.  She looked over the glass wall of the convenience store and saw the skinny driver choosing between an apple and a strawberry jam. She smirked before she climbed into the driver’s seat and took the bundle of keys. She turned to the back of the van and, after trying four silver keys, managed to open the lock. After returning the keys back, she hid herself among boxes inside. She didn’t wait too long for not after three minutes, the small van trembled to life and soon Minah felt herself moving with it to the subdivision. Minah covered for she was laughing. She thought of Luhan. Ohh! If she couldn’t have him through flowers and cards, then she will definitely get him through force. The van stopped, they were in front of the small factory and Minah felt the driver before the metallic doors of the van probably contemplating why it was unlocked. A beam of white light pierced through as the door opened and Minah ducked even lower hiding her face behind the pile of boxes and pinned her back to the cold metallic wall of the van. She heard a box or two being dragged across the floor and the driver grunting as he lifted one box and walked to the factory. Minah quickly jumped off the van as soon as the driver went inside and walked to the orphanage with a sense of alarm.

Her blood jolted. Her prey was luckily by the gate. This is easier than I thought. Glancing to her sides and seeing no one was around to witness, she chuckled before she called. “Psst!! Kyungsan!!!” she started a little too softly so the kid didn’t hear. “Psst!!! Kyungsan-ah!!!” Minah smirked for finally, the child looked to her and smiled.

_____________

Seohyun released a nervous sigh as she clung to Luhan’s embrace to give her warmth against the beating of the cold wind. “Cold?” She nodded her head thrice. “Oppa what happens now?” she asked after a few seconds and looked up to Luhan who was staring straight ahead. “What happens next is up to you honey. I’m just sitting here and waiting patiently.” Luhan looked back to her and wriggled his eyebrows. But as he recognized her worry and uncertainty, Luhan regretted teasing her. “You don’t have to say anything now. As long as you love me that is enough. No need to rush.” He assured with a kind and gentle smile as he drew her closer to his side. Seohyun pouted and wondered what suddenly scared her. Isn’t this what I wanted? But how come I’m chickening out all of a sudden? Her forehead formed creases as she thought deeper. It was the same tingling of her skin the twisting of her stomach but not euphoric at all. The hair all over her body stood out in alarm and the said twisting in her stomach was closer to nausea than delight. The feeling wasn’t right; so out of place but at the same time she felt it was. Her instincts told her she shouldn’t be in that place in that time.

“I want to see our son. Let’s go and get him oppa.” She worriedly told Luhan as her maternal instincts instructed her to do so and he agreed abruptly.  “Okay.” Luhan said as he stood up and offered his hand in the most gentlemen-like he could ever be. And somehow he was starting to feel the same way as her even though she didn’t say anything for her gestures were as easy to read as ABC to him.

_____________

“What do you mean Kyungsan is not anywhere??!!” Madam Min raised her voice as she grew wearier. “He was in the front yard playing with his ball but when I went back he’s no longer there.” Jiwon, as worried as Madam Min, replied agitatedly. The older lady released a loud and frustrated cry and went over to the phone. “Hello can you please come over. A child is missing.” Madam Min continued to talk to the guard about some more information before she put the telephone down and fished her phone.

“Hello Madam Min?” Seohyun answered and her restlessness heightened even more when she heard the middle-aged lady cry from the other line. “What’s wrong? Did anything happen? Where’s Kyungsan?!” Luhan, who was at the driver seat couldn’t help but be affected of Seohyun’s wary tone. “Hyunie.” He softly called and met Seohyun’s tensed gaze. “Miss Joohyun.” Madam Min paused and breathed as her first tear fell from her right eye. “Kyungsan is missing.” “What??!!” Seohyun exclaimed; throat almost scraped and eyes widened in shock and fear. The other lady burst into her tears as she tried to elaborate the story of how Kyungsan had gone missing. “Stop please. We’re almost there. Find him maybe he’s just hiding somewhere in the mansion.” Seohyun said and hung up. “Oppa hurry!!” She told Luhan, throat knotting and tears dampening her soft-skinned face. The uncanny feeling she was carrying indeed meant something. And damn her maternal instincts for acting up too late! When they arrived, they saw three policemen talking to the younger caretaker; one of them jotting down details and the other two listening intently and glancing here and there. “Where is he?!” Seohyun hurriedly walked to them. “They’re still checking the CCTVs.” Jiwon replied but wasn’t heard by Seohyun who walked passed them and into the mansion. “Kyungsan!!” her voice echoed. “Baby omma’s here!!” She shouted even louder. When a small figure appeared from the kitchen, she almost jumped in joy but only to be more frustrated when she realized it was another kid and not Kyungsan. “Please Miss the other kids are already sleeping. Calm down.” “How am I supposed to calm down when I entrusted my child to your care only to have him missing when I come back???!!!!” she yelled at the middle-aged lady. Luhan came in and held her by the shoulders. “Joohyun please. Yelling’s not gonna help.” He said calmly and afterwards apologized to Madam Min. “I understand son.” He then escorted her to a nearby easy chair and asked Jiwon to get Seohyun a glass of water. As the clock ticked by, Seohyun grew even more frustrated and worried. “Where are you going?!” Luhan asked when Seohyun suddenly stood up and walked to a corner. “I’m finding him.” Seohyun did not look back as she answered him. Luhan sighed and rubbed his face with his cold palms. A few more minutes later Kris and Sehun came after getting a call from Madam Min. “Luhan!” Kris called as he and his younger brother walked to Luhan. “Have the police found him yet? He’s not gonna be able to go out of this subdivision without a guard noticing him.” Kris added. “I don’t know. I don’t know.” Luhan replied thoughts drifting away because of worry. Seohyun came back crying and choking in her sobs and Luhan quickly ran to her. “Where is he??!” She desperately exclaimed. “Excuse me?” they looked up and met a fat and indifferent-looking man wearing the same uniform as the officers. “We found something from the CCTVs outside and inside the subdivision.” Luhan, Seohyun, Kris and Sehun grouped behind the police as he set up a laptop on the table and played the monochromatic video. The first few minutes showed a suspicious hooded figure running to a van and getting inside it. “Basing from this clip, the person is clearly a woman.” The police commented and clicked another video. “And here you can see her running from the van and to the direction of the orphanage.” He then switched to another video. The lady was seen peeking over the mansion where Kyungsan was playing with his ball. “She was calling him.” Sehun commented and the police nodded. “And as you can see from the child’s face, he smiled to her. So the suspect, she most probably is an acquaintance of yours.” The police finally said. The last seconds of the clip showed that the unknown lady and Kyungsan headed to the direction of the van. “Do you know anyone who recently argued with you?” the police asked and Luhan and Seohyun quickly shook their heads. “Or she isn’t really someone we know. Just that Kyungsan is just a child and quickly lured out.” Sehun pointed out. “That’s also highly plausible. Your son can be very well be kidnapped for the purpose of money so if you receive a call asking for ransom quickly tell us.” They nodded. Sehun proposed that Luhan and Seohyun should go home and wait for a call. “For all we know, that kidnapper had been stalking you for a long time now.” He added. Kris and Luhan agreed.

“Hyunie please sleep now.” “No!!!” Seohyun snapped, refused to be put to sleep. “I’m not sleeping until I find my son and put him to sleep first!” She walked fast to the door of her bedroom pushing away Luhan’s hand. “Joohyun!!!” Luhan walked to her and dragged her back to bed. “I said no!!!! Can’t you understand??!!” Seohyun shouted and fell down on the floor crying hard. “We will find him.” Luhan embraced Seohyun and rubbed her back soothingly. If there was anything better to say, he hadn’t thought of it and felt helpless trying to be strong for Seohyun and dismiss his own distress. “Oppa please.” Seohyun sobbed as she clutched Luhan’s coat. Luhan hushed her and rocked her to sleep. Sooner than he expected, Seohyun loosened her grip on his clothes and fell asleep out of exhaustion. He carefully carried her to bed and caressed her tear-stained face. For a while, he sat on the side of the bed balling his hands into fists. A shaky sigh escaped him as he tried to stop himself form shouting. He looked back to Seohyun and lay next to her in bed. “Hyunie help me.” He whispered and his lips trembled as soon as he finished and he wrapped Seohyun in a tight hug.

Overlooking Seohyun’s house, Minah smiled to herself. “What a blast!!” She erupted into laughter. “Oh my gosh Seohyun. Why didn’t I think of this sooner?” She shook her head and giggled before she paused and remembered that Luhan was with Seohyun that time. “Aaaahhhh!!!!” She slammed the wheel and drove fast. “Luhan!!!!Luhan!!!!Luhan!!!!” she shouted as she drove with no sense of direction and destination in mind. “Come to me!!!!” She cried, laughed then cried again. Every sigh she released after her sobs were tickling her like laughing gas. Her phone beeped and she raised an eyebrow at the intruder. “Hello?” she answered hoarsely. “Ms. Park, are you okay?” It was Dr. Gil, Minah mentally slapped her face for deleting the clinical psychologist’s number. Now she had to talk to him. “I’m sorry my throat’s bad.” She reasoned as she closed the windows of her car which she parked in an abandoned alley way. “I’m just checking because you haven’t been visiting me for months now and I couldn’t call your home because I promised not to inform your father. You know you’re supposed to attend sessions right?” “Yes,Yes. About that, doctor I don’t think I need your counseling anymore. I’m perfectly fine.” She didn’t hear any response quickly and thought that Dr. Gil was probably thinking of a smart reply. “Just visit my clinic.” Minah agreed although she knew she wouldn’t just so the doctor would shut up and she could hang up.  She then outlined each scar that decorated her thighs. Some were long slashes, some were unnoticeable while the most recent ones are still bleeding. She remembered her mother. She had the same scars only that they were more open for people to see because she liked to cut herself in the arms. Minah was smarter though, she had thought of the consequences if people see her cuts. “No one is suspecting mom. No one.” She suddenly felt hungry even though she already ate half an hour earlier.

___________

“Please I just need to get something.” Minji pleaded the guards. “Ms. Park banned you from entering the mansion Ms. So please go now.” She sighed and walked back to her car. How am I going to get evidences if I can’t enter her room? She thought. She tried a lot of things just to get her ex-friend busted. But Minah seemed to have the ability to read her mind and always had a counter attack. She wanted to ask for an appointment with Luhan but she knew Minah wouldn’t allow it being his secretary. She also doesn’t have his number nor his address and she needed to warn him personally especially that she doesn’t have any physical proof that Minah was up to something except for the flowers but what can they offer other than the information that Minah was still crazy over him? NOTHING. “Why am I so worked up with her issues?!” She stepped on the pedal and headed home.

___________

A/N: Tadaaa!!!! Don't mind the lame title. LOL