We Meet Again

Say Yes

Seohyun’s breathing became uneasy and her restlessness heightened as each time passed she didn’t find her son among the crowds. “Hyunie he’s not in the C.R.” Yuri panted as she ran towards Seohyun. “Where is that child?!” Seohyun sobbed as she looked to her left and right. “You should rest first. The others might have found him.” Yuri patted her back and pushed her to a nearby bench. Seohyun removed Yuri’s hand from her shoulder and shook her head. “No I need to find him myself.” Soon, the rest of the girls save Yoona returned without Kyungsan.

That day, the 8 ladies decided to hang out with their children in a theme park as it was a free day for all of them. When it was Seohyun’s turn to pay for Kyungsan’s ice cream, she found him not beside her and her unnies didn’t notice that he went to somewhere. “The other kids?” Seohyun asked. “There inside the van with Yoona.” Sooyoung told her. “We already told the Lost and Found department so we should head there now in case they announce and someone returns your son.” Seohyun nodded and followed the older girls. Taeyeon had to support most of Seohyun’s weight as she looked like she was about to pass out in too much worrying.

The older girls let Seohyun sit on a monoblock chair as they waited for Kyungsan. Tiffany went to the announcer once more and asked to make another call for Kyungsan. The lady agreed in no time and called for a child in blue and white striped shirt and denim jumper shorts once more. “Don’t worry Hyunie. Kyungsan will be fine. We’re in a private theme park with reliable security.” Tiffany comforted and handed a bottled water to Seohyun. “Omma!!!” The eight girls looked up to see Kyungsan giggling while being carried by a man. He was oblivious of how much he made his mother and aunties worried. “Kyungsan!!!” they all cried and ran to the child who had his arms outstretched ready to be carried by his mother. “Oh my god! I was so worried!!” Seohyun cried and immediately detached him from the man whose face was covered by Kyungsan’s body. She turned her back to him and hugged Kyungsan while crying. Kyungsan pouted curious as to why his mother was crying. “Omma? My ice cream?” he asked. The man chuckled and pinched Kyungsan’s left cheek. “Little guy you shouldn’t worry your Seohyun omma okay?” Seohyun and the rest of the girls was surprised that the man knew Seohyun. “You know Seohyunie?” Jessica asked as Seohyun swiftly turned to see the man whom she realized had a very familiar voice.

“We meet again Seohyun.” Nam Joohyuk raised an eyebrow and smiled at Seohyun. “I-I..” Seohyun couldn’t find the words to utter as she saw someone unexpected. Meanwhile her unnies sensed something from the two. “So this cute kid is your son?” Seohyun nodded and quickly introduced her son and friends to him. “Waahhh you’re so handsome Joohyuk-ssi.” Hyoyeon couldn’t keep shut and openly admired the tall man. Joohyuk chuckled and returned the compliment by saying she looks so pretty with a foreign look.  “Are you by yourself?” Seohyun asked and the man nodded before admitting that he was trying to kill boredom by going to an amusement park alone. “Going to an amusement park alone is absurd. It’s like buying a mansion with many rooms without any one to occupy them besides you.” Jessica said blatantly and the guy scratched his nape. “You should come with us. We’re heading out to eat dinner in a restaurant.” Yuri invited earning nods. “Well if it’s not a bother then I’ll go.” He said and they went to the exit with Kyungsan whining about his ice cream.

_______________________________________________

“Oh!! Minah!!” Luhan was startled to see Park Minah standing before him in his office. “Good evening sir. I’m the new undertrainee from U.R. Primers that will be starting tomorrow.” Minah bowed to show respect. Luhan smiled and noticed the change of fashion from the woman. She was wearing a cotton pajama shirt tucked neatly under her knee-length pencil skirt. A very formal and conservative look compared to her usual fashion. “I thought you’ll be working in your father’s company already. What happened?” Minah pouted and smiled shyly before admitting that her father told her to have training first before she starts working. “Okay. My company is always open for trainees that are willing to improve and learn.” He smiled sweetly to her. “You’ll be my temporary secretary as my last one took a maternal leave.” She nodded and proceeded to her temporary post outside Luhan’s room. “I love being a good girl.” She chuckled and sat on her chair.

_____________________________________________

“You fine there?” Sooyoung sighed and nodded to Taeyeon as the older girl approached her from behind. “You’re suspicious of him aren’t you?” Taeyeon stated as she hugged her cardigan tighter while the strong wind blew her lank her backwards. Sooyoung sighed once more and faced the shorter girl beside her. “I don’t feel comfortable with him even though he’s been a nice gentleman the entire time.” Sooyoung crossed her arms and shifted her gaze over the city lights below the rooftop of the restaurant they dined in. “I feel the same.” Taeyeon admitted and the taller girl faced her again. “You too?” Taeyeon nodded. “You do know that whenever I feel something strange it means something not good is going to happen and I feel that strange feeling from him or at least when he joined us.” Sooyoung’s forehead formed a crease as her attention was on Taeyeon. “Yes he looks like an angel and he even acts like one but whenever I listen to him when he speaks, his voice doesn’t hit me like how his beautiful words should have. He sounds so superficial. And that smile on his face intimidates me. Whenever I look at his face, I always expect him to form an evil smirk like everything he did was all an act and anytime he could just burst into what he really is: a devil. It’s as crazy as that.”  The two women looked at each other with the same conclusion in their minds.

 “I feel the same way. I don’t know him but he strikes me a feeling of familiarity.”

“So you met him before?”

“No but I feel like I’ve seen his face before. I just couldn’t remember when and where.”

The two went back to their table where Joohyuk was wiping Kyungsan’s cream-smeared face. “Look at them. They’re so cute like father and son!!” Yoona squealed and Seohyun reprimanded her. “Seohyun it’s okay.” Joohyuk smiled sweetly and the girls except Taeyeon and Sooyoung smiled.