Scared

What will we become?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N:

Hello everyone!

Thanks for reading the next chapter, and this one was very much anticipated hehe.

SPOILER ALERT: There'll be a coming of age in this.

Thank you for reading and leaving such lovely comments.

______________________________________________________________

 

Cold air hit them, the moment they went through the door. It took a moment for their eyes to get used to the darkness of the night, after being accustomed to the artificial light inside the bar. After a brief goodbye, the group of boys split in half, every one of them heading into another direction on their way home.

“Can you believe that girl left Yoongi only because he wasn’t an Alpha but a Beta?”, Jungkook’s voice pierced through the silence of the night. Next to him, Park Jimin – his crush ever since they were little – and Kim Seokjin – one of the most important people in his (old) life – were walking along through the dark streets of Seoul.

“Well, same rank relationships normally only work for Betas. And even for them it’s hard.”, Jin sighed and absentmindedly brushed past his Omega mark. Jungkook pressed his lips together. “Yeah but they were both Betas. It could have worked out. She didn’t even give it a chance.”

“It’s better this way though. They obviously weren’t destined to be together, so the earlier they broke up, the less time Yoongi’d waste on her.”, Jimin trembled a bit while saying that. Not because he was afraid of his words, but because of the cold that slowly crawled into his body.

“I guess.”, Jungkook answered, but not really satisfied. For him, that girl’s behaviour was thoroughly wrong. If Jimin and him would be in that situation, he’d have acted better. He’d have fought for the relationship; he’d have ensured that it’d work. Somehow. In some way. He would make it work. He will.

“I have to turn left now. See you guys soon!”, and with that and a small smile Jimin waved the other boys goodbye while he turned into another street.

Weeks passed. The seven of them grew closer, as well as Jungkook’s crush (and yearning) grew bigger. It got so bad, one time he had to lock himself up in the bathroom to prevent himself from doing something he’d regret later on. It got to the point, where it was nearly unbearable. Where he conjured up excuses to not have to meet the older and his tempting scent.

In hindsight, Jungkook should have noticed the signs.

A few days before Jungkook’s 17th birthday, Jin invited all of them to a small cottage in the woods, far from Seoul, his family owned. It was Seokjin’s birthday present for Kook, and in a certain way a present for all of them. Everyone looked forward to their days off and they instantly agreed on Jin’s suggest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter