Chapter 9

Vacation to Paradise

Chapter 9

As the days passed by, Kibum was slowly finishing up the outfits. Taemin took charge of practicing on the runway and he even picked the music for the show. Kibum and Jonghyun, during this time, grew closer and in no time Jonghyun found himself falling for the young designer. He found himself going to the younger boy’s house to help him with his designs.

 

It became like a routine, Jonghyun was walking toward Kibum’s house in high spirits. As he made his way through the park, he noticed Jessica walking toward him. All of his high spirits that he had previously, suddenly turned into worry and uncertainty. He wasn’t sure if she was just passing through or if she was giving Kibum a hard time again.

 

“Ah, I thought I would run into you, Jonghyun.” Jessica said stopping in front of him a relaxed smile on her face. Jonghyun wasn’t sure what exactly this feeling was, but whatever this feeling was Jessica was at the source.

 

“What is it, Jessica?” Jonghyun was shifting from one foot to another, his impatience growing by the minute, but he tried to keep his composure around the girl in front of him. The said girl dropped her smile, and leaned one of her feet. It seemed like in that moment that her sweet and friendly demeanor vanished almost immediately.

 

“I am going to be very blunt, Jonghyun. I want you to tell Kibum that you are not going to help him with this fashion show. I cannot let my reputation get ruined by him and his designs.” Jonghyun figured this was going to happen sooner or later, but he didn’t think that she would be so blunt about it, unless she already did something at Kibum’s house. This spiked his already growing worry and anxiety for Kibum and what could’ve happened.

 

“Jessica this isn’t fair for him you should know that.”

 

“Does it look like I care? As long as I can keep my contract and my company I will do anything to keep it that way.” Jessica just shed some light on what this dilemma was about. Jessica only kept her contract if she was able to win this fashion show. Kibum is a real threat to her as far as competition goes, if Kibum competed and wins then Jessica would lose her contract unless she was able to finalize it.

 

“It is not up to me to decide who participates, now if you'll excuse me.” Without hearing her reply, Jonghyun ran off to Kibum’s house unable to keep himself composed anymore. He didn’t like the feeling in his gut when he was talking with Jessica and he also didn’t like the feeling in his gut when he got to Kibum’s house and the door was wide open. Taking in a deep breath, he made his way inside, “Kibum? Are you here?” He was met with quiet sniffling coming from the living room. Rushing in quickly, he spotted Kibum weeping on the floor in front of him was his sewing machine broken to pieces, some of the pieces on the ground looked like they were from a jewelry piece and what’s more is that some pieces contained fabric which meant something happened to his designs.


Jonghyun rushed over to him and embraced him tightly, “It’s alright Key we can still make it.” Kibum looked at Jonghyun who was rubbing comforting circles on Key’s back. Jonghyun was not liking where this was going. If Jessica interfered more, Kibum won't be able to enter into the contest. Seeing how she acted toward another competitor made Jonghyun happy that he was helping Kibum and he will do everything in his power to make sure that Kibum succeeded.