Chapter 8

Vacation to Paradise

 

Chapter 8

The next morning, Jonghyun found himself getting up at around seven or eight which was for him unheard of. He was used to getting up early for work, but never early to go to someone’s house. He was strangely excited and the fact that he was both tired and excited didn’t help his body figure out what to do.

 

After he got himself ready, Jonghyun left his hotel and made his way to a local coffee shop and got some drinks and snacks. Then he made his way to Kibum’s house. Knocking on the door, Jonghyun waited for the younger to open the door before coming inside.

 

When he was inside, he set down his bags and sat down on the floor. Kibum joined him moments later with a smile. He had bags under his eyes, Jonghyun figured he pulled an all nighter. “Key, have something to eat and drink before getting back to work.” Jonghyun said putting a delicious looking egg and ham sandwich on the table next to a cup of steaming coffee. Kibum was practically drooling, his mind and body was surrendering to the scent of  this delicious smelling breakfast. He placed his things on the floor and began to eat. Jonghyun smiled and looked at what Kibum was working on. It was a necklace. Kibum noticed Jonghyun looking at it and said,

 

“I thought that it would be a nice addition to your outfit, what do you think?” Jonghyun smiled and placed it around his neck, “How does it look?” he wondered, looking away from his sandwich. Jonghyun looked at the jewelry piece, it was delicate, but the pendant made a statement. Jonghyun smiled and put it on his neck, “I really like it, how does it look?”  Kibum looked at the necklace as it hung from Jonghyun’s neck. It looked like it was made for the guy to wear.

 

“It looks good, it will go well with the outfit that I made.” Jonghyun took off the necklace and placed it back next to Kibum’s tools. When he turned back to Kibum the younger had already finished his food and was sipping his drink.

 

As the day went on Kibum was doing his work while Jonghyun watched. In one word, Jonghyun was amazed as to how hard Kibum was working. Every so often he would hear the younger mumble some words of concern like, “what if he gets to hot in it?”,  “Should I make the sleeve shorter?”, and “I want him to look nice in this.” Jonghyun had never seen a designer put in this much thought to what his models were wearing. He had been to a couple of fashion showcases, but nothing interested him as far as designers or designs went, but this...this was a whole new approach.

 

After a few more minutes of silence, Jonghyun had asked Key where the restroom was. Kibum got up and showed him the way and right before he could sit down to continue his work, he got a knock at his door. Without even thinking he opened the door to reveal an annoyed looking Jessica.

 

“J-Jessica, what brings you here?” Kibum asked completely out of curiosity. The girl flipped back her curled hair before placing her hand on her his and leaning against the door frame.

 

“Oh I was just in the neighborhood, I thought I would drop by and see what my rival is working on.” She said, her voice was oozing with a fake sweetness. Kibum had been around her too much to know what that sounded like. Kibum didn’t like the fact Jessica was asking Kibum what he was working on, it could mean one of two things either; she has already finished her designs and has completed her outfits, or she hasn’t started yet and her designs are not good enough.

 

“I’m working on my designs.” Kibum said. Jessica chuckled, “I certainly hope so. Well, I’ll be on my way then.” Jessica was about to turn away when she heard Jonghyun’s voice calling Kibum. She immediately turned back around and looked at Kibum, “working on your designs, huh?” Jealousy was now showing through her layer of make up.

 

“Yes, I am working on my designs.” Jessica chuckled lowly. “Really? Then what is Jonghyun doing here?” Key couldn’t lie to Jessica because whether or not he tells her the truth or not she will have a hard time believing him.

 

“He asked to come over, he is also helping me with my work.” Before Jessica could respond, Jonghyun came to the door looking at the two of them with a look of concern. He brought his attention to Jessica, “What’s going on?” Jessica smiled kindly as if she was the nicest person on the face of the planet.

 

“I was in the neighborhood so I thought I would say hi, but since Kibum is busy I will have to stop by another time.” She quickly said and quickly trotted off. Kibum didn’t like this, he was going to have to be careful now.

 

After Kibum closed the door, he brought his attention to Jonghyun who looked like he wanted to say something. “Don’t worry about her Jonghyun.” Kibum said with some confidence. Jonghyun took a hold of Kibum’s wrist, he could tell the younger was on the verge of break down. “Do you want me to talk to her?” He asked. Kibum shook his head, he took a deep breath and released it as he continued to work. “No don’t worry about it, Jonghyun. I’m fine, really.” The older released the designers wrist and watched him get back to work.

----

A/N: Hello everyone! I am really sorry for not updating this fic for a little while, I was busy with school and with other fics and what not. I am actually thinking about opening a wattpad account to post some of my original work on their or, revised editions of fanfics that will be my original work. So if your interested in that please let me know. Also, please don't forget to comment because comments are very much appreciated. Thank you very much for all of your support on this story and on all of my stories. I'll see you in the next update!

-M