Chapter 1

Vacation to Paradise

Chapter 1

In the city of Seoul, there is never a dull moment. People are always on the move, cars are always on the go and things are always moving. Even big corporations and companies are in nonstop movement as well, Jonghyun’s company is no exception.

 

Jonghyun, better known as the young bachelor, is the owner of one of the largest and most popular companies in the area.

 

His company has been featured in many magazines and Jonghyun has made public appearances on talk shows and other special events, all on top of running his company.

 

Jonghyun is known as the young bachelor mainly for his age. He had just turned 21 and was already a CEO of a company which many found not only incredible, but astounding. Jonghyun wasn’t a very large person, nor was he very tall. He was average height, if one can count being over five feet average. What he lacked in height he gained with other things such as his good looks and his body type which wasn’t too muscular, but he still looked like he exercised regularly. He usually styled his own hair that was brown. Many people also commented on how Jonghyun has very nice eyes. Jonghyun, being the modest, says that his eyes are just regular brown eyes and there was nothing very special about them.

 

Jonghyun’s father was the founder of the company that Jonghyun now owns. It was his dream to run a company. It took most of his time from college to start his company, gain fame, and become a rich billionaire, easy right? As many rich billionaires are, Jonghyun’s parents are divorced. He doesn’t hear much from his mother, but she does visit every so often.

 

Jonghyun wants to get his company as far as he can. Many people even those in the business industry already know about his company. His goal is to make his company as well known as can make it. He had to try as hard as his father did when he created this company to push the company to the top.

 

Because of his devotion to his job, Jonghyun rarely goes out. He has friends, sure. Those friends are mainly in the same business as him and they work under Jonghyun. One of his closest friends, Onew is his secretary. The two met when Jonghyun first inherited the position from his father. Onew was the new employee and Jonghyun was the new owner so they got a long ever since they met. Onew was older than Jonghyun so the younger likes to go to his secretary for advice. However, recently, Onew has found himself a boyfriend, an airline attendant by the name of Changmin.

 

Jonghyun, however, doesn’t have a boyfriend or girlfriend for that matter. He does have a small dog named Roo who acts more like Jonghyun’s girlfriend than a dog. He wouldn’t mind starting a relationship, but being the CEO that he is, Jonghyun is picky. He is looking for someone that fits his perfect match check list that he invented in his head.

 

Jonghyun has one pet peeve about his work and that is when he has nothing to do, aka no work and today is such a day. Jonghyun was walking around his penthouse hands in his pockets with absolutely nothing to do. He hated these days, it was one of those days where he wanted to do something, but there was nothing to do. He was on his third cup of coffee and his irritability was turning into hyperactivity.

 

A familiar song rang out throughout the flat, grabbing his phone; Jonghyun looked at the caller id. It was Onew. Answering the phone, Jonghyun was crossing his fingers and hoping that there was a meeting that he forgot about and Onew was about to scold him to get to the location as quickly as possible.

 

“Please tell me I forgot something Onew?” Jonghyun spoke desperation in his voice. He walked around circling his coffee table for the fifth time that was the coffee working.

 

“What? No, I was actually wondering if you wanted to enter a contest.” The older wondered.

 

Jonghyun released a defeated sigh, he had already stopped circling the coffee table, “No, thanks.” He answered with disappointment.

 

Onew sighed, “Well suit your self. The first place prize is a trip to a very luxurious island.” He said hoping to lure the younger boy to enter the contest.

 

“That sounds nice, but I don’t need a vacation.” Jonghyun replied bending down to pet Roo. The little dog was wagging her tail happily as Jonghyun was scratching behind her ears.

 

“Alright suit yourself.” Onew remarked and they hung up. Not a moment before Jonghyun put his phone away, his phone rang again. Thinking it was Onew, forgetting to tell him something, he answered it.

 

“Yes?” He said, sounding defeated. There was a short silence as if the call was a prank, which really ticked the CEO off. However, it was no prank.

 

“Hello Jonghyun-ssi, it's been quite some time.” The mysterious voice said. Jonghyun wanted to roll his eyes. The voice on the other line was probably his only rival in the business industry, that he is aware of, Seunghyun.

 

“What can I do for you, Seunghyun-ssi?” He wondered. Seunghyun was another CEO of a rival company. Jonghyun had met the older before at a couple of meetings, but there was something about Seunghyun that didn’t sit well with the younger CEO.

 

“I was just curious as to how your profits are doing.” Seunghyun wondered with a curious tone in his voice. Jonghyun did not like this guy, not in the slightest.

 

“I didn’t get the file today and even if I did have it, I wouldn’t tell you.” Jonghyun replied sitting down on the couch. He heard the other man chuckle on the other line.

 

“One would think that you would be working today.” He said again teasingly. Seunghyun knew how to grind Jonghyun’s gears. He would always come by Jonghyun’s company just to see what he could steal, idea wise, to call his own.

 

“One would think that you would be working, too.” Jonghyun retorted. This brought silence on the other line and it made Jonghyun smirk slightly. Seunghyun liked to talk, a lot about many different things to try to make Jonghyun jealous, mostly about his dating problems.

 

As he was listening to this guy talk, Jonghyun went to the kitchen in hopes of trying to cook or prepare a snack for him self, but he had to work without the stove or oven if he didn’t want to burn down the place.

 

After about a half an hour of listening to Seunghyun talk, he figured he should be trying to do something about his boredom.guys

 

“That’s great and all, but I have to get going, bye.” He hung up after listening to the other complain some more. Jonghyun didn’t particularly like to admit it, but he envied Seunghyun, even though he was a rich CEO, Seunghyun was steadily getting more and more powerful. Jonghyun believes in good causes and he does lots of charity work and donates a lot of money each year to charity, not that it’s a money shortage for him. He could never compare to the older and it bothered him at times.

 

Jonghyun, was easily recognizable through a necklace that he always wore, it was on a thin silver chain with a letter J pendant. He wore it all the time whenever he worked no matter if he wore his never ending collection of suits or in his pajamas. It was a special gift from his family once he inherited the company, not that he’s bragging of course.

 

All in all, Jonghyun likes to think of himself as a normal guy, but it’s hard to do that when you’re the CEO of a company that makes millions every year.


Hi guys~

So here is the first chapter. Unfortunatly I am sick so I don't know how this will affect the upload schedule.

But thank you so much for the support already, I do appreciate it.

Enjoy the new fic!

-M