Chapter 1

The Art of Flirting

1

 

“Do I really have to go?”

“Well, I don’t want to go alone so what do you think the answer is?”

My annoyance for that stupid group reached an all-time high as I glared at Hannah who was busy drawing on her eyes with what I liked to consider the number one cause of blindness.

“It’s just eyeliner,” she grumbled, pointing the pencil at at me. “Will you relax?”

I shuddered as I suddenly remembered the last time she tried to give me a makeover.

“I don’t know the group,” I groaned, rubbing my face, trying to calm myself down. “You should’ve asked someone that actually liked them.”

“And miss this chance to get you into Kpop?” she scoffed as she capped the pencil and examined herself in the mirror. “Hell no.”

“Why are you even getting so dressed up?” I asked, watching as she unscrewed a bottle of mascara.

“I have to look hot,” she mumbled, falling open as she coated her eyelashes with black goo. “There’s always a chance that one of them might notice me.”

I rolled my eyes as an image of Hannah prancing around the venue squealing, “Notice me senpai,” popped into my mind. I still wasn’t happy that she was forcing me to go to the concert with her and I made sure she knew it.

“Oh come on, Michelle, it’ll be fun,” she whined.

Hannah glossed her lips and gave them a little smack before turning around to face me.

“I’ll buy you ice cream for the whole month,” she proposed, grinning because she knew that there was no way I could possibly refuse.

“Stop trying to make me feel like a peasant,” I grumbled. “Damn these rich people.”

“I’m taking that as a yes then,” she squealed and flounced over to where I was lying on her bed.

“Let’s get you ready then,” she giggled, clapping her hands together like a seal.

My gaze traveled from the the layers of makeup on her face down to the shiny black heels that have her a good few inches.

"No," I immediately said, rolling away from her, taking the blankets along with me as a shield from her evil hands.

"Michelle," she whined, stomping her foot.

Mrs. Park is going to be pissed if that makes a dent.

"I can't stand next to a troll when my husband is looking at me!" she protested. "He might be so repulsed that he'll think I'm ugly too because I'm standing next you!"

"All the better then," I deadpanned, making the ugliest expression I could just to get on her nerves.

"Fine, you horrible person," she pouted and crossed her arms, glaring at me like a child throwing a tantrum.

"Be grateful, I'm already going with you to this stupid concert," I said, tossing my hair back pompously.

"BTS is not stupid," she huffed. "You're stupid."

Hannah muttered the last part under her breath as she walked out the door but I heard it anyway.

"I guess I'm not going with you then," I called, resisting the urge to laugh at her childish ways.

"You're amazing and beautiful," she called back, sounding so fake that I actually cracked a smile.

"Thought so," I said.

Leaning back on the fluffy sheets, I sighed and stared blankly at the cream white ceiling. I could already imagine the desperate screams of delusional fan girls as they pushed forward, all trying to get a piece of the people on stage. I just didn't get it. If I wanted a towel thrown at me, I would prefer for it to be clean and smell like lemon instead of soggy and soaked in the sweat of some random stranger. Shuddering, I took a deep breath and exhaled loudly.

"Come on Michelle. Do it for the ice cream," I chanted to myself.

I hate concerts.

"Get ready Michelle, we're going to leave soon," Hannah yelled.

Dragging myself of the the bed, I trudged over to the dresser and grabbed the comb that Hannah used earlier when she spent nearly three hours doing her hair. It still look like she just curled it with a curling iron even though she sprayed almost an entire bottle of hairspray on it. After haphazardly throwing my hair into a ponytail, I walked slowly down the stairs and stood at the front door where Hannah was already waiting with her keys in hand and a piece of chewing gum in .

"Your lipstick is going to be ruined," I stated and I leaned against the door.

"That's why I have back up," she said, dangling her purse in front of my face.

I rolled my eyes and pulled on my shoes as I watched her smooth out the wrinkles on her wrinkleless dress.

"I still can't believe you're willing to go to a concert look like that," she grimaced, surveying my outfit up and down.

"What wrong with it?" I said, looking down at my plain jeans and shirt.

"It doesn't bring out your curves at all," she said clicking her tongue in disappointment. "If I had a dancer's body, I'd show it off every chance I get."

"Well, I'm not you," I retorted. "Whatever, let's just go."

"Eager much?" she teased, flicking me lightly on the forehead as she strut out the door in her ridiculously high heels.

"Gives me more time to sneak away before the concert starts," I replied as I followed after her into her car.

Even though I've been in it dozens of times, I still couldn't get over how beautiful her car is. It was already stunning from the outside with it's sparkling dark blue paint job, but when you went inside, it was a whole different level of gorgeous, complete with sleek black leather seats and a state of the art sound system.

"Can you stop drooling over my car?" Hannah laughed when she saw me running my hands over the leather of the seats.

"It's not my fault that my car is my Dad's old pick up truck," I snapped back, before returning my attention to the beauty in front of me.

"I might as well give this car to you then," she said jangling the keys in her hand. "My mom said that she was getting me a present from the States anyway."

"Damn these rich people," I muttered under my breath for the second time that day.

Suddenly, I heard a ear-piercing shriek that made me flinch and slap my hands over my ears.

"We're going to be late! Stop admiring the car and get in," she screeched, slamming the door of the driver's side.

I winced at her rough handling, but decided not to say anything. Becuase of Hannah's barely legal driving speed, we made it to the venue in half an hour. I was annoyed when she told me that the concert started at five o'clock because it was only three when she pulled the car into the parking lot.

"Why are we here so early?" I groaned, already irritated by the volume of the voices outside the venue.

"What are you talking about?" she said as she got out and slammed the door close.

Again, I winced at her rough handling.

"This is really late for a concert," she said.

Too drained to argue with her, I just followed after her as she rushed to get in line for the queue. How she ran in those heels of hers was completely beyond my comprehension. Hannah was mumbling angrily under her breath as we slowly moved up the line.

"I can't believe I'm this late," she said angrily. "Fighting through all those people is going to ruin my hair."

Ignoring her ranting, I shoved my hands into my pockets and took a look around at the people in line. A good majority of them were girls, most likely still in high school, even though I did see a few moms.

Aren't the performers like half their age?

Shrugging, I decided that it wasn't any of my business and continued to observe the others. Most were already decked out in band merch, signs, shirts, lightsticks, pretty much anything that could be worn.

"Crap, I almost forgot," I heard Hannah say next to me. "Michelle, I need you to do something for me."

As soon as she said those words, apprehension filled me. Slowly, I reluctantly turned around to face her. She shoved a wad of bills into my hand and I stared at her in confusion.

"I need you to go buy some merch from the stands over there," she said and pointed to my right.

When my eyes followed where she was pointing, they nearly popped out of my head. Crowds of girls were fighting and screaming around a small white stand that had the sign 'BTS Merchandise' pinned on it, though it was barely legible since it was ripped and barely hanging onto the post where it was pinned.

Oh man, I feel bad for the person manning that.

"Make it back in ten minutes since we're really close to the front," Hannah ordered and gave me a little push towards the stand.

"Wait, you want me to go into that?" I yelled, pointing at the crowd of vicious girls, attracting some stares from the people around us.

"Good luck. Stay alive," she waved and gave me one more push, this time straight into the congregation of cat fights.

"Give that to me! I got it first!"

"Ahjussi, I'll pay more for it! She doesn't deserve to hold my baby's face!"

"Do you have any with Jimin's abs on them?"

All the voices melded together to form a giant cacophony that made me want to shrivel up and hide. Taking a deep breath, I exhaled and fixed my gaze on the stand that was a few feet in from of me.

"God I hate you Hannah," I growled and began to shove people out of the way.

A chorus of annoyed yelps and curse words followed after me as I made a path through the crowd.

"Can you watch it?" one girl said as I brushed past her, making her drop her clutch.

I reached down to pick it up. She snatched it from my hands as I held it out to her and scoffed.

"Sorry," I muttered and continued on my way.

She turned back to her friends but I heard her say, "I can't believe she came to a concert looking like that. She's probably just trying to look like she doesn't care so one of the boys will notice her. What a loser."

I rolled my eyes and resisted the urge to laugh.

That girl is clearly delusional.

I could've literally cried in happiness when I finally made it through the countless bodies, hands on my knees as I caught my breath.

"What would you like Miss?" one of the vendors asked.

Sweeping through the rows of creepy hand-held fans with faces on them and full-body posters, I shook my head and sighed.

Who did she like again? I think he had orange hair. Whatever, might as well give it a shot.

"Is there a member with orange hair?" I asked, fumbling around with the wad of cash in my hands.

"Oh, you mean Jimin?" the vendor said and I sighed in relief, thankful that I wouldn't have to describe what he looked like because, frankly, they all looked the same to me.

"Can I have a poster, a fan, and a lightstick?" I asked, standing there awkwardly as he reached over to get the items, well aware of the chaos that still ensued around me.

"That will be 36,000₩ please," he said.

Pressing him the bills, I grabbed the items and sprinted out of the crowd, thankful that I wouldn't have to be there any longer. I saw Hannah waving furiously at me from the front of the line. She was next in line to be queued and if I didn't make it in time, I would have to go all the way to the back of the line, which by now, was probably nearing a mile long. Running over to her, I threw the plastic bag to her and she caught it with an excited squeal.

"Thanks Michelle, I love you so much," she giggled as she admired the fan with the orange guy's face on it.

"How did you know that Jimin was my bias?" she asked, still cooing over the fan.

"He's probably the only thing you talk about these days," I said. "Plus, I didn't even know his name. I only knew had orange hair."

"I'm going to have to spend a lot of time educating you on the ways of Kpop," she said ominously and grabbed my hand.

"Tried that already. I still can't remember any of your four hour lecture," I teased ruffling her hair, eliciting a furious squawk from her.

"You're ruining my hair," she yelled, smacking my on the arms.

Shrugging my shoulders, I grabbed the plastic bag from her so she could hand our tickets to the security guard who looked like the last thing he wanted to do was be here.

We are one and the same dude. Good luck.

With an excited squeal, Hannah latched onto my arm and began to drag me down the aisles to the standing area of the audience. I immediately groaned when I saw the amount of people already gathered there and knew that Hannah wouldn't stop until she was at the very front.

"Come on Michelle, the concert is starting soon," she yelled over the screams of the fans.

I let her drag me through the crowd, wincing when one girl elbowed me in the stomach.

She better buy me some fancy ice cream.

I was almost certain that my body was covered in bruises when we finally made it to the front of the crowd. Hannah immediately tossed me her purse, grabbed the lightstick, and began to jump and cheer with the rest of the girls around her.

A large bang echoed through the venue and the lights immediately dimmed.

"Are you ready?"

The cheers rose to a whole new volume that nearly deafened me.

The concert began and the crowd surged forward, smashing me into the metal railing that separated the audience and the stage.

Oh great.

 

~

 

Hey guys. I really appreciate that you decided to give this story a read. It's my first fanfic so I'm trying to imporve my writing as I go along, so hopefully that does happen. My sense of humor also needs some working on so please bear with me. Enjoy.