A Beautiful Ending

W - Another side of Two Worlds

Four years later

Yeon Joo’s POV:

19 June 2020

“Life had been good. Everyone was  forgetting about the manhwa, but for some of the chosen, such as me, Appa and Soo Bong, who played a big part inside the manhwa, we could sometimes remember everything and forget everything the next day. We could either remember everything or nothing at all the next day. But it was okay. I constantly wrote these stories which were like a glimpse of dreams inside my note and I put a reminder to read this when I felt  like I had forgotten things. I constantly reminded myself of Chul and the others. I typed this into my super note in my phone, but any kind of notes about that world will always vanished no matter how hard we try to remind ourselves. ”

3 July 2020

“A person talked to me as if he had known me before, his name is Kang Chul, what a weird name, this was creepy but, he did look familiar. He kept staring at me, to the point that Seok Beom thought that he was my ex.”

5 July 2020

“I’m glad that I was not the only one who experience the weird thing. The other day, Appa said that when he remembers, Soo Bong and I won’t. When I remembered, Soo Bong and him won’t, and when Soo Bong does, we won’t. What is it that we’re forgetting? My notes somehow turned into an error note the next day after I typed it. And I know this one will also, but I’m so damned confused.”

6 July 2020

“Soo Bong called me out of nowhere, he said that he’s met an angel but that angel has an annoying guard beside her. So Hee, is it? Today when I remember everything, Soo Bong and Appa won’t. Now I’m wondering, if  Soo Bong could forget who So Hee was, what if Chul had met me when I ‘m not in a state where I remember?! I hope he will come when I remember.”

10 July 2020

“Today I remember everything clearly, and Chul visited me. He said that So Hee, Do Yeon and himself had hire a flat room to live, they shared all the bills. How funny that was. None of them are president, secretary or anyone. They gain money from selling online goods where they will never have to meet the customers but they are living together? Fine, I’m jealous, but they did this because their body keep blinking. Since they are not from this world, their body blink a lot, this hour all of us the normal humans could see them, the next hour we won’t see them even if they could see us. Just like the ghosts. Well it’s because they came from a different world, a different dimension.”

15 August 2020

“Soo Bong said that So Hee and Do Yeon came to the studio, it’s been quite a long time. But who the heck are they? He said that So Hee is all over him. I went to see them. There’s no way a woman like that will fall for our weird Soo Bong.”

22 August 2020

“Chul came to me. We went to the amusement park. It’s been long since we went on a date since there were a lot of time when he visited me, it’s either I was too busy that he hid himself or  I couldn’t remember who he was. It’s a good thing that he couldn’t be seen when we were going to buy the ticket. But we were so stupid. We forgot that this meant, when we were gonna ride something we need to wait until he disappear again. We laughed because of our stupidness. Inside the ferris wheel, he kissed me and told me to find a human from the real world. That made me so sad. I decided to go home right after.”

Kang Chul’s POV:

I had done everything I could, I’d been watching all over them. At the last fight, I realized that only the creator of the manhwa can shoot Han Sang Hoon, as he had been upgraded. I suggested Oh Seung Moo sshii to take a real gun from real world just to kill Han Sang Hoon. Do Yeon and me, when that thing happened in the hospital, were killing a lot of Han Sang Soon’s men.

Who would have thought that he would recruit these many people, hundreds of them, coming to us just like the zombies in zombie apocalypse. He told them that if they want to run away from his world which was going to disappear, they should kill me. Good thing I managed to run away after hitting some of them. There were like 10 of them who apologized and so I thought of the faces. Out of nowhere, they appeared inside my flat. This apartment only had like 5 bedrooms. So sometimes I needed to sleep in another place such as the studio where they made me.

If Soo Bong remembered me I’d go there to stay for a few days but the next day, when Soo Bong had forgotten me, he would faint because he thought that I was a burglar. Oh Seung Moo sshii had been reunited with his wife, which mean Yeon Joo’s wish had came true. I was happy for her.

“I told her to find someone else, because I came from the other world. She seemed sad but I knew that after more times, they will forget everything about us. I hope so. Because it is not fair, all of us, the manhwa characters, remember everything, when for them, the real humans, sometimes they forget about us, sometimes they might remember. Those seemed so disturbing. We were manhwa characters, we had no rights to mind their business. But even after all of them forgot us, I’d still check out on how their life had been.”

Last week, when Oh Seung Moo sshii remembered me, I visited him and he said that, “A writer once said this: “Not every ending are supposed to be happy, sometimes even sad ending could be a beautiful ending.”…which was why I tried to make a sad ending beautiful.