His Worries

Live For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦HIS WORRIES♦

It was about early morning that Jiyong was once again awoken by the sound of hurried footsteps from the corridor outside his room.

Maybe one of the patients required emergency treatment, the sound so familiar that he brushes it off quickly. Not once that he thought it’d be her who required the treatment.

Tomorrow, Yumi’s going to greet him just like usual. She was the first of her kind, persistent about staying positive although she, herself had already given up on life.

Given up… on life?

It would be nice if Yumi didn’t give up,

If she stayed alive and well until her hair grew white and wrinkles marked her face…

And maybe, just maybe… Jiyong could remain by her side till they were both old and dull.

But, it was a wish never come true, Jiyong concludes.

“Hey, hyung. Let’s go pray for Jiho’s surgery tonight.” Jaesuk says as he hops onto the seat beside Jiyong.

“Hmm? What’s the success rate? 25%?”

“Yeah. Its thin, alright, but Jiho still believes in it.”

“He says he’ll kick my for stealing his crackers after the surgery, hyung, you’ll protect me right?” Seungwan pouts.

Soon, the other patients gather to pray for Jiho and the surgery for his advanced stage of cancer.

They all said that it was unfair that such a cheerful person like Jiho got that kind of kindness, but then as always, life isn’t always fair.

Jiyong looks over at the empty spot at the far end of the couch, that was where Jiho always sat, and anyone there who’d dare to snatch his seat would get a spanking from Jiho himself. But, the latter is preparing for the grand surgery tonight.

He looks around the room, noticing the empty seat.

Yumi.

She wasn’t here today, no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter