His Friend

Live For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦HIS FRIEND♦

Since then on, Yumi would always greet him with a smile every morning after the daily examination. Jiyong always tried to ignore her but he couldn’t help but return the greeting. It starts with an emotionless greeting but overtime, he’d greet her back with a smile. The younger would visit his room after lunch to drag him around the hospital. Jiyong always refuses it but after seeing the pout on her face and her persistent tugs, he gave in with an exasperated sigh.

He realises that Yumi knows almost everyone there and he wonders how long she must’ve been her to be so close to everyone. He’s met kids to the hospital staff as well as patients around their age, and amongst them, he made a couple of friends of his own too.

Although it had been years since he last interacted with anyone other than his family and the hospital staff, they welcomed him warmly albeit his awkwardness.

For once, he remembers how to laugh again, how nice it felt to be around others his age.

He can actually feel his heart beating again.

“You’re smiling, Ji Oppa. You look much more beautiful when you’re smiling.”

And, it was then that he could actually hear his heart thumping loudly, he wonders if she could hear it too as he tries to calm himself down quickly, so that he wouldn't act up.

“You seem to be mixing around pretty alright now, Jiyong-ssi.” Doctor Kim notes.

“Yumi’s been dragging me ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter