Chapter 8

Let me be the one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyujong can't believe that afterall they've been through, they'll be back to square one: ignoring each other. Worse, the bitter truth that it is because of him alone that they ended as such. His wife has been very elusive when it comes to him; she would rather hang-out with his Queen Mother, his brothers and sister-in-law, or her family. But whenever they are both needed, she'll act as if nothing's wrong.

 

In Kyujong's opinion, she had already build a very good reputation in faking her feelings all this time. Kyujong knows she's still hurting. Every night he'll hear her muffling her sobs to avoid other people from hearing so but unknown to her, Kyujong patiently waits for her by the door every single night, waiting for her to finally open up. It hurts him to see her suffering like this, Kyujong would rather see her throwing a fit instead of keeping everything by herself with no one to lean on. Seeing how his in-laws treats him whenever they meet, it gives him the idea that _______ keeps their marital problem a secret to her own family.

 

As usual, his wife's activity for the day is a mystery to Kyujong. 

 

Would she be with the Queen?

Did she plan to go for an excursion with Princess Hana (Prince Hyunjoong's wife)?

Or maybe she prefers to paint again somewhere inside the palace grounds?

Will she visit their place? 

 

"Prince Kyujong?" He was pulled back to reality when Minister Jung called him out in the middle of their discussion.

 

***

 

"I've been wanting to know, ______~ah. Sungjae (Prince Hyunjoong's son) is getting older already, since Prince Hyunjoong is quite busy with his duties, he and Hana rarely see each other." _______ was caught in surprise as the Queen started talking. They were casually enjoying the view of the palace lake while drinking tea when all of a sudden the Queen just started speaking about it. _______ is pretty sure that she might've ended choking if she continued drinking.

 

"What do you mean, my Queen?" As the saying goes "Ignorance is a bliss." _______ does not believe in this but she's trying to gamble over her beliefs and prays to all the gods that this might work.

 

"Oh my dear, it must be just me being fond of kids. Look at Sungjae! He's so spoiled when it comes to me... I'm just curious, when are we getting a grandchild from you and Kyujong?"

 

***

 

_______ can't believe she's doing what she thinks her mother-in-law, the Queen, is asking her to do right now. After long hours of waiting, the Queen can't keep her excitement

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter