Chapter 10

Let me be the one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The King is waiting for his sons to assemble at his receiving area when he received a news from his eldest and youngest princes.

 

"Your Majesty, Prince Kyujong won't be able to join us for the festivities." Hyunjoong informed them.

 

"Why, is anything wrong?" The Queen asked.

 

"I don't think so. Kyujong hyung was perfectly fine when we saw him and Princess _______ together. But I saw a prepared palanquin and some guards with horses. Even Kyujong hyung's horse is there." Hyungjun commented.

 

"They must've something planned beforehand." The King stood up, others followed. "Let your brother enjoy his time with his wife. They've been through a lot anyway." He sighed and smiled at his sons. "Kaja (Let's go)." The Queen can only give her husband and sons a hug before bidding farewell to them.

 

***

 

"Gwenchanayo? (Are you alright?)" Kyujong took his wife's hand as _______ went out of the palanquin. His wife can only nod in answer and tried to stretch her arms wide as a result of being in a stiff position for quite a long time.

 

"Welcome, Prince Kyujong and Princess ______!" The monks, both kids and adults, greeted them. The Head Monk lead them to their dining area and they were welcomed by a great feast. "We rarely get our place graced by the royalties. Who would have known that our good friend Minister Heo would get himself a princess as a daughter!" The old man smiled at the young couple. "Please feel at home in our simple abode, Prince Kyujong."

 

Kyujong looked around and inhale the fresh air before looking back to the Head Monk. "Aniyo, with nature and serenity enveloping this place, this ain't a simple abode. This is a paradise here on earth." Kyujong then put his arm on his wife's waist leading her to their seats.

 

The afternoon is quiet and soothing as the Head Monk proceeded to his business. The altar is already prepared and his younger colleagues are at his either sides ready to assist him for today's event. A week ago, the Head Monk received a letter sealed with the Prince's seal stating that they wanted his service for a very intimate and solemn wedding affair. The Head Monk was surprised as they never had the chance to do such thing but is happy to know that they've chosen him to officiate a very celebratious event.

 

The Head Monk and Kyujong were brought out of their reverie when the door opened and revealed _______ wearing a very simple, compared to her original wedding robes she used in their first wedding officiated by the royal family, but elegant enough to show her beauty. Unlike how she was arranged in her first marriage, her face and hair is way simpler than how it was before.

 

"Let us begin."

 

***

 

________ felt relieved and renewed after the simple ceremony. Kyujong and her decided to stay at the temple for a few hours before bidding farewell to the monks.

 

"We're going back to the palace again..." _______ sighed as she prepares herself.

 

"Shiro? (You don't want to?)" Kyujong asked her back, only to receive a gloomy look from his wife.

 

"Aniyo (No). But, I just feel so cooped up inside the palace. Staying here feels enlightening." She pouted at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter