Chapter 14

Let me be the one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is this?" Kyujong's voice was dangerously low and deep, it's like the calm before the storm.

 

"Jagi--" Kyujong whipped his sharp gaze from Jungmin back to your eyes, yet it turned soft as it sees your glinting eyes. "I need you to help Jungmin with something." The prince then looked back to Jungmin with a light hint of anger and mostly out of curiosity. He knows better than to think ahead without hearing from any of you what actually is going on between you and your past lover; your first love.

 

It haunted him when he first heard from Youngsaeng that Jungmin is planning to court you. Jungmin is from a reputable family and because he's not from the palace, his relationship with you blossomed way earlier than yours and the prince did. Kyujong always had things to do even before he gets to ask permission from his parents to spend time with Youngsaeng, and eventually with you of course.

 

It was the timely marriage of his older brother and the war at the northern front of the kingdom that gave Kyujong the advantage. Hyunjoong's marriage made the politicians and commoners alike to put their eyes on him, currently the most eligible man at the kingdom after the crown prince was finally betrothed. The war, on the other hand, made the pronouncements to all men who could serve as soldiers and as medical help to go to the fronts and defend the country; Jungmin, being one of the known and best healers in the country, has to go as well.

 

It was that gap that eventually led you to him, and now it just can't help but bring back those memories when Kyujong can't do anything but watch you slip from his grasp.

 

"If you may, I want you guys to have a one-on-one talk about courtship." Your lips curled upwards as you looked from your husband to your friend.

 

"Wait, what? Jagi--"

 

"Yeobo, you see, Jungmin here is in the same dilemma as you-- we were. Who could give him better advices other than you?" You then give a light squeeze on Jungmin's forearm before walking towards your husband, planting a kiss on his lips. "Gonna go to the kitchen to ask for your favorite dishes and some drinks, I guess." With that, you left both men to themselves.

 

***

 

Both Kyujong and Jungmin didn't thought it'll turn out to be fine. Jungmin went with all honesty telling to your husband what was actually happening when he arrived, the healer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter