Blood, Sweat & Tears

The House
Please log in to read the full chapter

   I slowly pulled myself up from the rough carpet and looked around my living room. My house had become a crime scene. How am I suppose to stay here now? I’m only fifteen!  I shouldn’t be dealing with this right now. I was just about to graduate and…

 

 

Man... How am I supposed to tell her? My stepmom had to go to San Francisco for 2 years and now she doesn’t have her husband any more... Just like I don’t have my dad...

 

 

 

I don’t know how long I sat there staring into nothing. My mind is empty. I have no thoughts that’s going on. I stood there while I looked at my dad just lying there in cold blood. 

 

 

 


Clean the doorknob so I don’t get caught.

 

 

 


That once sentence came flowing in from the back of my brain. He... murdered my dad while I was in practice. Tell me why wouldn’t want him to get caught?

 

 

 

More thoughts came rushing in.

 

 

 


Are you going to do me like that?

 

 

 

I won’t hurt you. That is, if you keep your mouth shut. As long as you don’t squeal, you will be okay. It’s your decision now.

 

 

 

Right. That’s why. I will die.

 

 

 

But…

 

 

 

Will he know if I tell? 

 

 

 

   Come on Yoongi. You seen enough movies where things of similar has happen. The killer always watch you or have things hidden so they can hear you without being there. Most of the time they put a micro chip... speaker? Whatever it’s called on your clothes. I can’t think about that right now.

 

 

 

   The only thing is that this was no movie. This isn’t a movie where people die on scene but not in real life. This is reality. I lost my dad for good. He’s never coming back.

 

 

 


    How do I even do this? This is the first situation that I have been in that is a murder. Never in a million years did I think I would be.

 

 

 

I wiped the sweat from my forehead and began to move.  I got a tissue and began to wipe the door knob and everything else that I think that he probably touched when coming to attack my dad.

 

 

 

Why do I feel like an accomplice to dad’s murder? I don’t even know what is the right thing to do...

 

 

 

“Dad... What do I do? What can I do?” I know it’s stupid to talk to a dead person. Knowing full well he won’t answer me back.

 

 

 

   I pulled my phone out and dialed 119. While speaking, my voice was steady and unwavering. After telling them my address, they said they will be here in five. 

 

 

 


    Not Knowing what else to do, I went back and sat down in the spot where the attacker had me and pulled my knees to my chest. I sat staring at the body laying down over by the table. A body that is no longer warm. A body that will never breathe air in his lungs. A body that will never greet me when I get home.

 

 

 


A body that I can no longer smile at...

 

 

 


I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder and I slowly moved my eyes up towards the stranger. How long had I been lost in my thoughts?

 

 

 


"Hi. My name is officer Saun. Are you Min Yoongi?” I nodded my head while glancing back over at my dad’s body. It was some paramedics examining the body and started to move him into a body bag. 

 

 

 


“I know it may be hard right now but I need you to answer a few questions if that’s all right?” I just shook my head to all the questions that she asked me until she got to this question.

 

 

 


“Did you happen to get a look at the man who attacked your father?”

 

 

 


I didn’t shake my head. I have a chance to get revenge on the man that ruined my family. The man who took him away. My mind went to the attacker.

 

 

 


   

 

 

   He had medium fiery red hair. It was dirty and it covered his eyes. He had the eyes of cold cocoa that sat for too long. My dad height was 5’4 and looking at him walking away he had to be about 5’8. He looked to be in his mid-twenties. He had a scruffy face that he needed to shave.  

 

 

 

   I could easily get him arrested. But... if I lose my life, who will my stepmom have? I can either get the man arrested for first degree murder and have him sentenced for life or he evades the arrest and comes to kill me and then my step mom will have no one.

 

 

 

   “Yoongi?” I snapped out of it when I saw the officer waving her hands in front of my face. “Did you happened to get a look at the man who attacked your father?” She calmly repeated once again.

 

 

 

   I shook my head and she kindly smiled at me. Nodding, she held her hand out and took mine. Pulling me into a tight hug she said, “It will be fine. You hear me? We will catch the person who took him from you. Everything will be alright.”

 

 

 

   I felt her hand rub my back in a slow and calming manner, trying to soothe me. It felt like you were on the beach when the sun has cool and it was beginning to set. It felt like you were walking slow on the edge of the water with the one you love, enjoying the silence except for the ocean waves calmly hitting the rocks and your toes. Everything was soothing and it felt like you were on cloud nine. Like it was nothing that could ruin that moment of comfort between you and your beloved. One of the best feelings in the world.

 

 

 

But...

 

 

 

Did she think rubbing my back would make me feel better? That, with just one rub she could get that man a life time in prison? That it would bring me back the warmth and laughter of the soul that has left me? 

 

 

 


I didn’t realize when I started but... When did I start trembling? I tried to keep my hands still but they were not listening to me at all.

 

 

 


   It felt like being abandoned by a mom who didn’t want her child and left you on the step of a total stranger on a snowing, chilly and freezing day. She didn’t give you a coat, hat, gloves nor a scarf to keep mother nature from nipping and biting roughly at your soft baby skin. Being only four years old and having your mother screaming at you to stay there and not to follow her, you have no choice but to crouch down on the porch and put your arms around yourself and watch your mom run through the once smooth and sparkling snow that was covered with the footprints of coming and retreating.

 

 

 

   The officer started to pull me towards the front door where there was another officer waiting. “Yoongi.” He started. “Since you are still a minor, you can’t stay here by yourself. Especially since the murd

Please log in to read the full chapter