Save Me

The House
Please log in to read the full chapter

I looked at the dusty sofa that was put in the corner of the room. I wanted to sit down but it's just so so dirty. I glanced over at Taehyung who was pulling draws out and searching them. I honestly don't see why Jimin and Taehyung wanted to come here. I... have a bad feeling about this room. I had a bad feeling about the whole thing. 

 

 

I was upset that Namjoon even agreed. Shock overcame my body when I heard his answer.  I don't trust this house but I do trust him.  "Kookieee..." Taehyung came running to me and started to pout. "Why are you just standing there? Help Me!"

 

 

 

 

Man.  His aegyo...is something else. I pulled my hand away from him. "I'm bored. I don't like this place. I'm hungry and I just want to go." We shouldn't even be here. I wish that in some alternate universe we were performing in front of a crowd. Being in a boyband would be awesome. Anything would be more awesome than being in this bizarre and janky house.

 

 

 

 

I started to sniffle as I turned my back on Taehyung. "You can stay in here if you want but I'm going to sit outside and wait for Namjoon." I started to walk away from him and headed towards the door. "Kookie wait..." his voice trailed off so I figured he found something that caught his attention. 

 

 

 

 

 


Right when I was about to touch the knob, I heard the most awful and deafening scream that has ever left Taehyung's mouth. It was bloodcurdling and chilling. The sound that I heard didn't even sound human. Every piece of hair stood up on my body as an eerie feeling crawled and pricked at my body. It was unearthly and he sounded like he was in agony.

 

 

 

 

 


Everything in my body was telling me to run. In my head, I was running out this door, down the stairs and never look back... When I looked down, my feet were planted firmly to the ground as if I was stuck in cement. Why do people never listen to their first instinct? I gulp as I slowly turn around and lost my breath. There lying on the floor was a crumpled Taehyung. 

 

 

 

 

 


I could feel the color slip from my face as I felt my blood run ice cold. I was literally tripping over myself to get to him. "Taehyung?" I shook him as hard as I could. "Tae !" My eyes were hot as tears threatened to spill. "Namjoooon!" My voice bellowed all around the room as I yelled for my beloved. He said he would come save me. He said if we were in trouble, he would come right away. Where the HELL is he!? 

 

 

 

 

 

I lifted Taehyung and saw blood was coming from his mouth and his eyes had rolled to the back of his head. 

 

 

 

 

 


I started to tremble at the sight. I got to get him out of here. I knew something wasn't right about this jacked up house. I pulled his head to my chest as I tried to pull his body up. At the moment I did that, this horrible pain shot through my legs and I collapsed to my knees on the grimy and cruddy floor.

 

 

 

 

 


Taehyung hit the floor with a thud. A horrid pain shot through my head and I clutched both sides of my head. My eye sight began to get blurry as I slowly tilted over. Then what felt like a kick to my stomach made me fall over on my side. Rolling over on my stomach, I looked at the unmoving Taehyung. I reached my hand out, trying to grab him. My eyes started to feel heavy like I was given some anesthesia. 

 

 

 

 

I tried everything in my power to keep them open but I just couldn't stay awake. I wanted to sleep. 

 

 

 

 

"Tae..." his name came out barely above a whisper as I lost the will to keep going and lost consciousness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If only I knew then. If I noticed the signs, it wouldn't have happened. If only I trusted my gut then...if I could turn back time....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I opened the door to my house, step in and closed the door behind me. Taking my shoes off, I slipped on my slippers. Heading to the kitchen, I saw my mom talking on the phone. Giving a slight bow I announced my arrival. "Mom... I'm home."

 

 

 

 

 

She waved me off with her left hand, mouthing "leave me alone Taehyung." I backed out the kitchen and was about to head up stairs when I heard a voice. "What? No greeting to me? Why do you only greet your mother? We go through this every afternoon." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taking a small breath, I backed up and give a bow. "I'm back... stepfather." I looked at him and saw that he was sipping his tea while he looked me over. Turning on my heel, I headed up to my room. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I dropped my bag on my desk and flopped on the bed. My mom has never really cared for what I did. I could pack my stuff and be gone for a month and she wouldn't even notice. I'm a pretty filial son but it seems no matter what I do, she will not give me the time of day. She doesn't even cook me dinner. I must cook for myself. My so called "stepfather" could but I don't trust him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I can't even remember when it started. Even though I know she doesn't care about me but I thought at least she'll remember today. 

 

 

 

 

 


She didn't even... my phone began ring. I picked it up without glancing at the caller ID. "Hello?" I heard a girl voice on the other end singing. "Happy birthday Tae!" she yelled after she got done singing Jonghyun's Happy birthday song. "Thanks, noona." I smiled. She always made sure to call me every year.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


My sister moved to the United States two years ago, for a singing contest and ended up passing every round very quickly. The judges said that she had the most unique, deep and soulful voice that they have come across. Everyone was so shocked that offers to get her in their company came flying in from all over the world for her and that was only after the second round. When she won the contest, over 300 hundred companies contacted her and tried to recruit her. She ended up signing a contract for company in Taiwan. 

 

 

 

 


"So, how was your day today?"

 

 

 

 

 


"Pretty good. My friends took me by surprised today in class and slammed a cake in my face."

 

 

 

 

 

She laughs. "Of course they would do something like that. Did...mom wish you a happy birthday today?" I went quiet on the other end. Mom has never wished me a happy birthday. Ever since I was born. Never got me any gifts, cake, or even a card. I didn't want any of that. I just wanted her affection and her to show that she cares for me and that me being born was not a burden to her.

 

 

 

 


I always have my hopes up every time my birthday come around. I thought at least on my birthday she would show me some affection. It's like she regrets having me and is disgusted to even look at me.

 

 

 

 

 


I shook my head and took a deep breath to keep the tears back. "No. She hasn't. She was busy with a conference call when I got back home." 

 

 

 

 

 

I heard her take a deep breath and could tell that she was thinking of the right words to say. "Just give her some time Tae. She is just going through something but do know that she loves you. She wasn't given any affection when she was younger so she just doesn't know how to deal with showing you that she cares." 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I know that she means well. I do but I just don't believe it. "hmm." I answered her back softly. "Cheer up! You have just turned thirteen today! I have a surprise for you. It should be there sometime tomorrow or the day after." I heard her speak to someone in English. "Sorry Tae but I have to go. I love you and please try to enjoy your birthday. Bye now!" 

 

 

 

 

 


I placed my phone down. My sister has been trying to get me to come and move in with her since the moment she settled into her place. I have always out right refused her offer. Knowing my mom could give to s about me, you would assume a thirteen-year-old boy would run away, commit suicide or go to live with other family members. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have never thought about leaving her. The day I leave her will be the day I moved away to college. I want to hang on for as long as I can until that day comes. I stood up and hit myself in the cheeks with my hands. Alright Tae. Time to take a shower and wash away the bitterness. Even though I say that, I slumped over as I made my way to my bathroom.

 

 

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter