Awake

The House
Please log in to read the full chapter

   You cannot erase the things that you have done to me. You wrote it all over my body so a simple, "I'm sorry" won't fix a thing. This is something that can only go away with time but so you know, even then, it will leave a faint scar that I will forever remember.                                                                                                                          

 

 

                                                                                          ~~~~~~~

 

 

Jungkook's P.O.V

 

   Pulling out my phone, I pressed a number and watched as red residue spread over my phone. It was so much of it that it was seeping out. No matter what I did, I couldn't stop it from running out. "Come on. Pick up!" I could barely breathe and my vision was coming and going.

 

   Every ounce of my body was aching like I had just been hit by an oncoming truck. I hung up and tried it again. This time, on the first ring, it was picked up. "Yes Jungkook?" A woman soft and calming voice rang out in my ears. "O-oma." My voice was raspy and every time I said something, it came out in shorten breaths. I heard what sounded like a chair clattering against our hard wood floor.

 

   "Why!? What's wrong with your voice?" She sounded like she was panicking and I hated it but I had no choice. Dad was at work; my brother was in the army and I knew that today was her day off. My consciousness was about to leave me, I could feel it. I forced my voice to come out, no matter how much it hurts. "I can't. It hurts so much. please. I need you." That was the end for me. The phone fell from my hand and my head fell to the side.

 

 

   "Jungkook? Jungkook!" I could hear her voice but it sounded so far away. "Hold on baby, I'm coming!" and then I heard a dial tone. I was blanking out quicker. My mind leaving and coming. My vision was leaving me, and I was starting to see blurry objects in front of me. I wanted to hold on till my mom got here but I don't think I can. I honestly don't remember what happened, even if I did, I can't think right now. My brain feels like its having a meltdown.

 

 

                                                                                       ~~~~~~~

 

   Someone was talking but it sounded far away. My body hurt, and I felt like every bone in my body was broken. My body felt so heavy. Like when you feel light in the pool but when you try to get out of it, the water is weighing you down. I tried to lift my arm but I had not an ounce of strength. I tried opening my eyes but it was like someone glued them shut.

 

  Why does my body feel like this? I feel like I was hit by an oncoming truck that was speeding down the road. The voices that sounded muffled started to come closer. "I think he's waking up! Jungkook!" I felt myself being shaken by the shoulders. "Sir! Calm down. This won't help him. So please, leave the room. I will come and get you when he's fully conscious."

 

 "But..." The man stopped talking. I don't know what the lady did to make him leave but he gave up and left the room. Sighing, I heard the nurse walk back over towards me. "Jungkook. Can you hear me?" I wanted to answer her but I couldn't find my voice. "I saw your eyes moving so can you opened them for me?"

 

   I wanted to comply to what she asked me. I really did but I just can't find the strength in me to do it. "Please try harder for me Jungkook. You need to look at me because... because..." she stopped talking and it made me curious as to what she wanted to say. I heard her quiet voice once again. "I know you probably don't have it in you right now to do it but try for me. You really need to be fully awake."

 

   She sounded like she wanted to cry. I don't want her to cry so I dug deep in my body to find strength. Whether or not how small, I got to use it. I kept moving my eyes back and forth to make them open but my eyes were fighting me. Come on Jungkook. Open your eyes! It's not that hard. I felt my eyes twitching and they opened. Slowly but they were surely opening.

 

   While my eyes were taking forever to open, I started to see lights above me. They were blurry and then a face leaned over into view. Also blurry but things were slowly starting to clear up. A worried face finally came into view and I moved my eyes up to meet hers. "Oh, thank goodness! Jungkook, do you know who I am?" I kept staring at her face trying to think. Who is this lady? I started wrecking my brain to remembered her. Closing my eyes, I continued to think of her name.

 

   After a few minutes, I opened my eyes and looked back up at her. "N-n-nurse Ae."My voice sounded hoarse from the dryness of it. I remembered because she's a family friend and a doctor. Every time we come to the hospital, we always try to get her as our doctor. Now its permanent that she's the only one who treats us. "Good." She went to the table beside me and poured a glass of water. Coming to me, she lifts my head and put the glass to my extremely dry lips. "Drink. I know you must be thirsty. After sleeping for almost a day and a half, I'd be surprised if you weren't." A day and a half!? As the cool water flooded my throat, I started thinking of all the possibilities that could've caused me to sleep that long.

 

   Sitting the glass down, she looked at me again. "Do you remember what happened to you?" I thought about what she asked me. Honestly, what did happen? I remember that when I tried walking home on the usual route I take, it was blocked off. The police officer told me that I have to take another route home and when he tried to tell me where to go, I told him I already had another way.

 

  Dad showed me this way before saying that I can take this route if something happened to my usual way home. The way he showed me is a little more isolated than the main route and takes me a little longer to get home. Cars and trucks do pass through here but that's rarely and only if the main road is closed for whatever reason. Last thing I remember is I was walking home singing a song and I ended up bumping into three older teenagers...college students? They looked to be in their early twenties. That's all I remember.

 

   After thinking about it, I told Nurse Ae everything that I could remember. "Hmm.." She said with her eyes closed and nodding. "Jungkook. You...you were hit by a truck on the road you were taking." I felt my mouth fall agape at what she said. First, about me feeling like I was hit by a truck being actually true. Second, being thirteen and having a small body frame, I shouldn't have survived that. How did that even happen? I looked over at her and was getting ready to ask when she jumped ahead and continued.

 

  "There was a witness. She a high school student and my younger sister. She was on her way to meet her friends but she also had to take the road you were on because the main road was closed as you are aware. My sister and her friends decided to meet on the road and just go together. Those three boys were colleges students, three very drunk college students at that. My sister recorded what happened. When you bumped into one the boys, they decided to push you around and saying that you needed to be taught a lesson. When you backed away, one of them tried to grab you, the second guy of the group was trying to get to you too but trip the first guy and he ended up pushing you in the road."

 

   I continued to look at her as she continued talking. "At the moment you were in the road, an eighteen-wheeler came barreling down the road because they were on their way to make a delivery at the last moment and was low on time. Since he was moving at a fast pace and since it is a big truck, even when he hits the brakes, it was no way he was going to be able to avoid hitting you. So... my sister dropped her phone and jumped in front of you and wrapped her arms around you. When the truck hit you guys, you flew a couple feet away from where you fell."

 

  "No!" I le

Please log in to read the full chapter