Best of Me

The House
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoongi's P.O.V

 

   "Hey. Wake up. Yoongi-ssi... Wake up you cat!" I heard a sweet and soft voice call out to me. Slowly, I opened my eyes and was blinded by the intense and fierce beams of the sun. A face started to come into view and the first thing my eyes focused on was his pink plump lips. My eyes moved up to his puffy eye smile, which I absolutely loved about him.

 


   Snapping out of it, I said, "How many times do I have to tell you, call me hyung." My voice raspy from being woken up. "I know but you wouldn't wake up and now we're late for gym. Coach is going to have our heads if we come any later." I sat up and leaned back against the trunk of the tree. I lifted my head and looked up at the sky. It was clear with no clouds in a hundred-mile radius. "Don't want to. I'm tired and want to continue to sleep." I could hear Jimin groan. "Ah-Hyung! You've been sleeping since lunch. You have to go to class."

 

 

  I closed my eyes, feeling the wind brush against my cheeks. The soft kisses felt nice while sitting under the tree. I would rather he drag me then trying to make me get up. I rather sleep here under the tree full of cherry blossoms. He then said the one thing I wasn't expecting. "I'll buy you a plushy...Kumamon." My ears pricked up at that. He must be desperate to use the one thing I love. Well. That and my dog of course. I opened one eye up at him curiously. "Really? Like really?"

 

 

   I shot up and grabbed his shoulder. "Hyung! I was just playing." I started to shake his shoulders. "You lie!" and with that, I accidently pushed back and we fell to the ground. "Oh. It's on now." We began to roll and pull at each other hair. Then I shoved his shoulder and that caused us to start back rolling. We only stopped when we're both panting. I didn't realize it, but I ended up pinning Jimin down to the ground. Both of us were just staring at each other. I swear, just for moment, that the light of the sun hit him just right. His brown eyes staring my into mine. Who am I kidding, this brat owes me two plushies! We stopped when we heard the warning bell. Looking towards the gym, I pushed off him and dashed towards it. "Hyung no fair!" I could hear Jimin shout as I made it inside of the gymnasium.

 

 

   Right before the Coach blew his whistle, I ran beside our class rep as we lined up. She was a short chubby girl with thick glasses. She had a shaggy black bob with split ends. Jimin finally caught up and put his hand on his knees to catch his breath. Coach blew his whistle, "Park, you're late! That's fifty push-ups. Min, You too! I'm not stupid. Do you think I was born yesterday? Now. Go go go!" Man. I thought I got in the clear. Class rep laughed as Jimin and I headed out to the outer rim of the basketball court and started our push-ups. "It's your fault you know. I told you to come on, you ." I snorted and rolled my eyes. "Yeah yeah, I get it."

 

 

   When we finished, I heard a familiar voice talking to the coach. "Hey coach, I'm bored. Can I join the class?" Coach answered, "Sure. Getting in the early conditioning I see. I look forward to seeing you on the soccer field next week for try-outs." Jin replies, "Coach, I'm not an athlete. You know that." Coach nodded his head. "Alright. I understand. It was worth a shot." He then blew his whistle. "Line up kiddies. We're playing DODGEBALL." I stopped talking to Jimin as I heard the most dreaded word in my life. The game which no man survives. Dodgeball.  At Inhun High School, Dodgeball...is war. You either win or you die. There is no in between. Did I tell you how much I hated to sweat? It was like I had an allergic reaction to it. We lined up at the half court line and coach picked our team captains. I sighed. Just my luck.

 

 

  "Ah, Min. Park. Since you two thought that it would be a good idea to show up to my class late, how about you two become the captains?" Being captain, it's not what it seems. You are a walking target. If you lose, it's your fault. Jimin and I walked to the center and started to call out the people we wanted on our team. The first one he chose was class rep. She may be a little strange but her aim was fatal. It makes sense since she was the captain of the softball team. Out of everyone, she scares me the most.

 

 

 

   We alternated picking apart the class. I was left with two people. The fat kid or Jin. Of course, the person I'm going to choose was Jin. Sorry Frank. Not today. You were a good soldier but I'm not going down. Lee Frank sulked and walked over to Team Park.

 

 

   The battle was intense. Projectiles was flying from every direction. "Captain! We're taking too much damage. Their snipers are wiping us out one by one." shouted Choi Minho before he was taken down from behind. Damn. He was our best shot at winning this thing. Then out of nowhere, a blue projectile flew at lightning speed passed my head striking the red baroness down in a swift movement. It happened. The tides were turning! Out of my peripheral view, I saw my savior. His purple hair covering his eye, his stance that of muay Thai warrior.  I looked across the battle field and saw that Jimin face was a blazed with hatred. That look...was that geared towards me? 

 

 

   I glanced over my shoulder. My men were weary. Jimin had seven to our four. We were backed in the corner but all of a sudden, it was like a raging beast had been released. Before you had a chance to blink, three people were shot down. When I saw that, a burst of determination hit me and I took down two more people. Now it was Jimin and Lee Frank. Don't let it be said that Lee Frank was not a good dodgeball player. Whoever tells you that is a straight up liar. I watched in horror as he took down another member. At last, it was down to the final four. Everyone was cheering from the outside the lines.

 

 

   Jimin looked like a creature out of hell. His auburn hair sticking out in every direction due to static. His eyes were black pits. I saw his eyes fill with a raging fire for vengeance. It was then that I knew he was out for blood, my blood. I have to say, it was kind of cute. He looked like an angry puppy. I looked to Jin. The same fire that was in Jimin's, were in his as well. It was twice as strong and fierce. Man. I didn't expect it to get this far. Oh well. We took our stance and began to launch our ammo at each other for what seemed like hours. I saw Frank go down like a sack of bricks. He took two shots. One to the shoulder and the other to his thigh. It was finally down to us three friends.

 

 

   "Well. Well. Well. Boys it looks like it's just me vs the two of you." Jimin started to walk towards us, petting the ball like a super villain and smirking evilly. I was breathing hard before I heard laughter come from behind me. That laugh didn't seem human. It was Jin of all people. Our kind hyung. He sounded like the devil himself. I heard him tsk. "Our cute and adorable Jiminnie. I've come to collect your soul. Go ahead and bow before me!" I was caught between two evil forces. This was a strange turn of events and wasn't I the captain of this team? "I won't be going down alone." At the same time, they both threw their weapons. It was like everything was slowed down. I saw my life flash before my eyes before all I saw was blue. I was out. Right before I hit the ground, I saw Jimin falling down to the ground as well. I heard his final words right before he hit wooden floor.

 

 

   "Hyung, I did it for you." That was all he said before he fell backwards. Coach blew the whistle and that was when the game ended. Everyone came out cheering and huddled around our Jin. No one was disappointed this time around. The game was well fought. Jimin had started the battle but Jin had won the war. For the final time coach blew his whistle and we all headed to the locker rooms. After I showered, everyone was already gone. I walked to my locker and saw Jimin sitting on the bench, staring into nothing. "Jimin, what's up? Why are you still here?" As if he was brought out of a trance, he looked up at me. "Oh. Hyung. I didn't see you there." I slapped his shoulder. "Stop day dreaming." He began to blush and slowly removed my hand from his shoulder. "Hey, I want to ask you about earlier. What did you mean by I did it for you?" His blush deepened. "I don't know man. I was just caught in the moment."

 

 

   "Yeah right. You and Jin were like two feuding lords fighting over the kingdom. I've never seen you two act like that before. Are you sure you're okay?" I saw Jimin turned his head to the side so I couldn't see his face. "I'm fine. I decided to let him win. Just this once. So, I took you out first." Why did he let him win like that? "I was a little hurt that you took me out first. I thought we were bros man." Still not wanting to look at me, he said, "I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you." I grabbed his face to make him look at me. "Okay then. I want two Kumamon plushies thank you." We stared at each other for a couple minutes before we busted out laughing. Jimin left first, saying he was late for math class. I sat down and started thinking.

 

 

   Why was he in such a rush earlier? Every time we had gym class, he was never this rush before. I mean, he even used my love for Kumamon to get me to come. Maybe...no way! Could it be that there is someone that he likes? Wait a minute, it can't be someone in our class because every day we have the same people and he never acted this way. I scratched my head in frustration. I should just leave it alone. At that moment, I heard the bell ring, indicating that I was late. I grabbed my things in a hurry and rushed to get to photography class.

 

 

   As I was making my way to class, I heard two of the girls who was in our class talking about today's match. "Did you see them? They were like...angels." The other girl squealed. "Omomomo, they are so handsome." I couldn't stop and ask them who they were talking about because I would've been late. Although, I was quite curious as to who these angels were. I guess I'll find them later and then ask them. I'm sure they wouldn't mind telling me. Pushing that thought towards the back of my mind, I entered my class.

 

 

 

   The teacher took us to the court yard to take some pictures. She told us to take pictures of things that caught our attention. I, of course walked towards the side of the building. That was where my favorite spot was. The cherry blossom tree. I took a squat so I could take a picture of it. I decided that it would be beautiful to take one when laying underneath it. I was making my way over when I spotted a familiar auburn hair boy. I saw him throw back his head and laugh. Seeing him under the huge and beautiful tree...I lifted my camera and zoomed in on him. He turned his head to the right, a shy smile coming on to his face. I Snapped it right before he turned back under the tree. I wanted to take more of him but it seems like he wasn't alone.

 

 

   Who was he talking to? I didn't want to disturb them. I turned around and started to head back to the front but Jimin happened to turn around with a surprised look. "Hyung! Over here Hyung!" I winced at his voice. Turning around, I gave a small smile and made my way over. I guess I was moving to slow because he got up and ran towards me. Grabbing my hand, he gave me a big smile, his chubby cheeks curving up. He hurriedly half dragged/pulled me over to the tree. Getting there, I saw who was sitting down next to him. "ah hyung..." I watched as Jimin sat back down next to Jin. "Why are you guys not in class?" I don't know why but my tone came out harsher than I expected.

 

 

   "Don't get mad hyung. Our teacher was called out because his child was sick and needed to be taken to the hospital so he gave us a class study time." Jimin smiled up at me. "Since you want to jump down our throats, why are you not in class?" Jin asked me accusingly. I picked up the camera that was hanging around my neck. "I am in class. Our teacher wanted us to take pictures of the things that caught our attention. I wanted to take a picture of the tree since this is my favorite spot." I saw Jimin shoot a glance at Jin before speaking up at me. "How about you take a picture of us? We won't look at the camera to make it look more natural." For some reason, that idea didn't pleased me. Not at all.

 

 

   I only nodded and his face lit up with delight. They went back to talking about what they were before. I started taking pictures from different angles. Jimin hit Jin on the shoulder. Jin looked offended then started to tickle him. Watching them, a felt a pang in my chest that could not be described. I don't like it. I don't like them being like that together. Jin then took Jimin into a headlock and started to ruffle his hair. Seeing enough of that, I stopped taking pictures. "Alright guys. I got all I need. I have to head back to class." I started to head back when Jimin ran up to me. "Can you give me a picture hyung? Please?" I looked at him. Only nodding, Jimin was happy at my response. He ran back to Jin and sat down next to him. Mumbling to myself, I stomped off back towards the front of the school where the rest of my class was.

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter