Lavender

Perfectly Imperfect

©Attractive

Lavender – admiration


 

 

                He could wait until his work was finished yesterday but not today. The desire to see the sightless man was kicking inside his heart. Yongguk just couldn’t contain it anymore that he had to leave the gym, leaving Himchan in charge, in search of the man who conquered his heart and mind ever since they had first met each other. He found something attracting about Daehyun, something that could make his soul feel complete when they were together.

                Even though his smelling ability was not as good when he was in human form, Yongguk could already trace Daehyun’s honey and caramel scent right after he left the building. Maybe Daehyun was not that far from there or maybe Daehyun’s scent had always been stronger than the others.

                A block after another, he only followed the scent without actually knowing where he was heading to, the scent which was getting more and more distinct until his feet stopped at a park. There was Daehyun, sitting on a bench behind a group of people. They seemed to be surrounding the buskers performing a song. And Daehyun just sat there, wearing his usual dark shades and a white turtleneck, twirling his cane on the ground as he listened to the music.

                Daehyun kept facing forward with a thin but luminous smile decorating his lips, his tanned skin reflecting the bright sunlight as the freshening breeze ruffled his silky hair. Yongguk found the sight beyond beautiful and he chose to keep staring at the man instead of walking up to him. Everything was moving around them but in that moment, his world only consisted of Daehyun. And during the very same moment, he knew Daehyun was not only a human he was fond of.

                Daehyun made Yongguk find him just by his scent. Daehyun made him walk from the gym to the park for ten minutes straight without losing direction. Daehyun mesmerized him with his stunning beauty. Daehyun made him certain that he was his mate.

                Yongguk’s heart thumped in his chest at the thought. He continued to gaze at Daehyun, standing like a statue in the middle of the park, ignoring the people staring at him. That was until Daehyun got up on his feet. He just realized that the street performance was over and the crowd had scattered around. When Daehyun turned his back to walk away from there, he quickly ran to him before he could even think about it.

                “Daehyun!” Yongguk called from behind, causing the unsighted man to jump in surprise.“Oh no, did I scare you? I’m so sorry,” Yongguk apologized once they stood in front of each other.

                Daehyun breathed out a long sigh with a hand on his chest. Then a frown etched on his face. “Yongguk hyung?”

                Yongguk beamed a smile when Daehyun recognized him. “Yes, it's me.”

                “What are you doing here?” Daehyun smiled, his crescent eyes slightly visible under his dark glasses made transparent by the shining sun.

                “Well…” Yongguk scratched his head as he thought of some good reasons. “You did say you wanted to meet me again last night, right?” He prompted hesitantly.

                Daehyun’s ears reddened in an instant. “Yeah… But I didn’t expect it would be this quick.” He gnawed on his lips to prevent the sheepish grin from spreading all over his face. He was so happy he could meet Yongguk again that he had to tell himself to stay calm and not be so obvious about it.

                A faint blush appeared on Yongguk’s cheeks. He cleared his throat with the intention to get rid of the bashful feeling. “I didn’t expect it either… Um… What are you doing here?” He quickly changed the subject.

                “I’m just taking a walk.”

                “Really?” Yongguk asked as if he couldn’t believe it. Daehyun was also taking a walk last night and it didn’t end well. “What if you get lost again?”

                “Don’t worry about that,” Daehyun replied proudly. “This park is one of the places I’m familiar with. It is near to my workplace.”

                “And where is that?”

                “It’s a music studio called Alchemy. Just a couple of blocks away from here.”

                Yongguk’s brows rose in amazement. He had a feeling that he passed by that place on his way to the park but he was not very sure about it. “So you work at a studio? As what?”

                “I teach,” Daehyun told Yongguk shyly. “Piano,” He added.

                Yongguk was genuinely impressed. “You must be very good at it then.”

                “Nah, I’m just a decent pianist,” Daehyun denied, cheeks slightly dusted with pink.

                Yongguk chuckled, liking the humble side of the younger man. “Where are you heading to right now?”

                “I need to go home. Got some chores to do.”

                “Do you want me to walk with you?”

                Daehyun’s smile grew wider. “Sure!” He quickly agreed but then he realized he was not supposed to be so excited about it. “I mean if it’s not troubling you.”

                “Of course not.” A little trouble wouldn’t be a bother to Yongguk when there were fireworks in his heart seeing Daehyun smiling at him. “Here,” he said, bringing Daehyun’s smaller hand to his arm.

                Daehyun fastened his hold. Yongguk’s warmth sent tingles straight to his heart. He couldn’t remember if it was the same as the other night. It felt so good, so right, that he could stay like that for hours.

 

 

 

                On their way to Daehyun’s home, Yongguk could find that Daehyun really liked to talk when he was not in his sleepy state. Yongguk was the opposite: he liked to listen. Maybe that’s why they were destined to each other.

                “The buskers just now were really good. You should’ve come sooner to see them,” Daehyun spoke up.

                “I would if I could,” Yongguk replied briefly.

                Daehyun frowned. “You’re not really a talkative person, huh?”

                Yongguk snorted. He had heard that countless times before. “Compared to other people, I talk the most when I’m with you.” He turned to look at the shorter man as he said that.

                A gasp left Daehyun’s mouth. “This is what you call the most?!” He exclaimed, not faking his surprise. “I wonder how you communicate with other people…”

                Yongguk shrugged. “I only say what is needed to be said.”

                “So how could I be the person who makes you talk the most?” Daehyun asked, slightly turning his head to the older man. “We’ve just met like what? Three days ago?”

                Yongguk chuckled while shaking his head. “I don’t know…” His gaze was still on Daehyun’s frowning face because he couldn’t stop doing so after he started. “You’re something else,” he muttered.

                 “Is it because I’m blind?” Daehyun pouted. “So I won’t stare at you when you talk and judge you.”

                Yongguk laughed. “Of course not. But putting it in another way, maybe it’s just because you’re special.”

                Daehyun flushed even more. “I hope it is in a good way.” A smile stretched on his lips.

                “I don’t think there’s anything bad about you,” Yongguk said casually, causing Daehyun’s face to go completely red.

               

 

 

               They reached the zebra crossing. Yongguk looked to the left and right. The road was not that busy but there were still some cars passing by and there were no traffic lights for pedestrians since this place was just a small developing town. His mind suddenly drifted to the unsighted man.

                “How did you get to the park on your own?” he asked.

                Daehyun tried to look at Yongguk but he was still slightly off to the right. “Um...luck?” He grinned.

                Yongguk was not amused. “Seriously?”

                Daehyun sighed hearing Yongguk’s solemn tone. “I just listen to the sound of the cars. I only cross when I’m sure there’s none of them. If there’s someone who is kind enough, they’d offer me some help,” he explained. “Besides, there is a zebra crossing. It gives the rights of way to the pedestrians.” He was assuring the other man, just like what he had once done to his brother.

                Yongguk shook his head in disbelief because the street was hard to cross. “From now on, you'll not go anywhere alone.”

                Daehyun’s lips immediately curved downwards. He had a thought that Yongguk was not that different from Jongup. Even his brother allowed him to go to the park, although it was after a few attempts of convincing him. However, he didn’t want to get mad at the older man because he really treasured this moment of them being together.

                They reached Daehyun’s house shortly after that. Yongguk didn’t slack like he did last night after having a huge amount of guilt for fooling Daehyun while his brother was waiting outside the house. Also, after their continuous encounters in the past few days, he was sure he could see the younger man again next time.

                “We’re here,” Yongguk announced, halting his steps in front of the gate followed by the one being led by.

                “That was fast.” Daehyun was surprised. “I usually take longer.”

                Yongguk laughed. “Do you need help opening the gate?”

                “If you’re offering, then sure.” Daehyun smiled, taking out the keys from his pocket to hand them out to the other man.

                Yongguk unlocked the gate and walked Daehyun to the door. He opened it too before returning the keys to the owner by placing them in Daehyun’s palm. Daehyun said his thanks, stretching out his hand in search of the doorframe. He made it as a guide to step into his house.

                “So…” Yongguk began nervously when Daehyun turned in his direction from inside the house. “Can we meet again tomorrow…?” He braved himself to ask this time.

                A delightful smile graced Daehyun’s lips, his cheeks going pink. “I’d love to.”

                That last sentence should have been a cue for Yongguk to take his leave but both of them didn’t seem like they were ready to see each other off yet.

                “Do you want to come in? I’ll pour you some tea,” Daehyun asked.

                “I’d love to, but I have to pass this time. I’ve got an errand to do after this.” Yongguk refused even though he would really love to accept Daehyun’s invitation. He didn’t have much confidence in his self-control if he were ever to be alone with Daehyun in the house.

                “Really? I’m so sorry to drag you here.” Daehyun grimaced, feeling guilty all of a sudden.

                “No need to be sorry,” Yongguk hastily brushed it off. “I was the one offering to walk you home anyway. I’m not in a rush.”

                “Okay…” Daehyun wondered if Yongguk was really that kind of a person. Would Yongguk do the same thing to other people? Or Yongguk did it out of pity since he was blind? But he didn’t notice any sign of Yongguk feeling sorry for his blindness. If Yongguk did it because he just wanted to, he might start to believe he was possibly that special to the older man even though they had just met for a few times.

                “Umm… Yongguk hyung…?” Daehyun prompted when he didn’t hear anything from the other side. If Yongguk was not in a rush, maybe he could find an answer to the things that had been bugging his mind all night long.

                The silky voice broke Yongguk’s stare on the younger’s face. He had no idea when he started to do that but he seriously needed to stop before he got caught. “Yeah?”

                Daehyun fidgeted in his spot, dithering about voicing out his wish. “Do you mind if I… touch your face?” He asked nervously, his face growing a shade of red.

                “Um… My face?” Yongguk was afraid if he had heard it wrong.

                “It’s my way of seeing.” Daehyun breathed out a timid laugh before chewing on his bottom lip.

                “Oh… Okay, then. I won’t mind.” Yongguk should have asked why Daehyun wanted to see him. He might be quite a looker but he was nothing compared to the man standing before him. But he gave in so easily to Daehyun as if it was one of the top priorities in his life. How could he ever reject the wish of this precious person anyway?

                Daehyun extended a hand to the front until it landed on his chest. He began brushing those slender fingers up, along his shoulder and neck, towards his face. Daehyun was feeling his cheek, starting with one hand before another after letting his cane lean against the wall. Daehyun’s touch was delicate all over his face and he liked it. He just let Daehyun do whatever he intended to do as he held himself from pulling the blind man for a kiss.

                Daehyun now knew how tall Yongguk was. Not that tall but still taller than him. And Yongguk’s skin felt so smooth under his fingertips. Yongguk’s features were sharp, every single contour of Yongguk’s face was beautiful. He had never felt so stunned by someone’s beauty before. He didn’t even care what beauty actually was before since he could not even see.

                He had to stop himself before drowning in Yongguk’s heavenly face. “Don’t you have scars on your face?” Daehyun rested his palms against Yongguk’s cheeks as he threw his question.

                “Fortunately, I don’t,” Yongguk answered.

                That surprised Daehyun. Then he proceeded to invade Yongguk’s mouth. His fingers parted Yongguk’s plump lips before running along the slightly crooked teeth. Still, Yongguk didn’t protest though everything was becoming more and more sensual to him.

                “Your teeth are normal!” Daehyun exclaimed.

                “Uh… thank you?” Yongguk managed to say it properly with Daehyun’s fingers were still tearing his lips apart.

                “I knew it!” Daehyun dropped his hands to his sides, both turned into fists as he pouted angrily. “Jongup lied to me!”

 

 

 

 

                Jongup cursed under his breath for the umpteenth time. He had lost count of the number of calls he made to his brother and none of them was picked up. He had gone to Daehyun’s workplace, he had been to the park, he went to all the places that Daehyun was familiar with, but the older man was not there. Now, he was making his way home after an hour of searching, just because he got back from college to an empty house.

                He tried to make another call. He could never believe his brother did it again. It was only last night that Daehyun was forbidden to go out alone. And he did remind Daehyun again after sending him home from the studio earlier because he needed to go back to his college. Last night was really fortunate for both him and Daehyun when nothing bad happened to the older one but this time, he wouldn’t know what to do if they were not that fortunate anymore.

                “!” Jongup swore once again when his call was left unanswered. He almost broke the locks of the gate and the door with his wrath. He rushed into the house, hoping to see his one and only brother with enough number of limbs attached to his body.

                There he was, just before his bare eyes. Jongup saw his brother in the living room, the older man was crawling on the carpeted floor, patting around the shaggy rugs in search for something. Of course he was relieved, but his blood was still boiling inside.

                “Where did you go, hyung?” Jongup asked as he approached his brother.

                Daehyun jumped in his spot out of shock. He was too concentrated on what he was doing that he didn’t hear the front door open. He flopped down on the floor in front of the couch and he knew nothing good would come after this. “The park...” he muttered.

                Daehyun heard Jongup huffed somewhere in the room. He had an idea that his younger brother was so mad at him right now. Shortly after that, he heard some shuffling before he felt himself being hefted from under his arms and settled on the couch.

                “I told you not to go anywhere alone!” Jongup scolded, startling Daehyun again. “At least tell me first if you go there! You got me worried sick! What if something bad happens to you?!” He stood before Daehyun, towering his older brother with his hands on his hips.

                Daehyun frowned. He really didn’t like it when Jongup raised his voice at him. “I lost my phone. I don’t know where I’ve put it.”

                Jongup was even angrier than before. “Damn it hyung! I told you to take a good care of your phone! It’s expensive and important for a blind guy like you!”

                His thundering voice echoed throughout the house. It was only silence after that except for his ragged breathing. His gaze never diverted from Daehyun who was now keeping his mouth shut. The older man was frozen in his seat, his unseeing eyes were fixed to stare forward. The hurt was evident in his face as he silently gritted his teeth in resentment.

                Jongup sighed heavily. He regretted saying something that he really didn’t mean to. Slowly, he went to sit to Daehyun’s right, circling his brother’s narrow shoulders by his arm.

                “Hyung, I’m sorry…” He apologized. “I didn’t mean to say that.”

                Daehyun already knew that. This was not the first time they were in this situation. He also knew Jongup would get mad if he went out on his own but he was bored to death at home doing nothing. So he had a thought to go to the park and planned to get home before Jongup did. But because of Yongguk, he was a little bit delayed. Not that he minded it since he wanted to spend more time with that man anyway. And to make things worse, he misplaced his phone somewhere in the house after that. Anyway, he still hated it when someone yelled at him.

                 “You yelled at me...” Daehyun pointed out, switching roles with the younger to be the one getting mad right now.

                “I know, I’m sorry. I’m just worried about you going out alone,” Jongup explained earnestly.

                Daehyun wanted to ignore his brother at first but then it was his own fault too for making Jongup worried. “I’m not alone. I walked home with Yongguk hyung,” he told the latter, thinking that it could reduce Jongup’s unnecessary nerves.

                “Him again?” Jongup knew he shouldn’t be surprised to hear that name once more but he just did.

                “Yeah, he bumped into me at the park and asked me for a walk home,” Daehyun said casually.

                Jongup rubbed is face before looking up at his brother again. “Hyung, you shouldn’t trust people that easily. Especially when you’ve just met him.”

                Daehyun’s brow wrinkled in annoyance as he turned to face the younger man. “But Yongguk hyung is really nice. He let me hold onto his arm and brought me home like last night,” he tried to convince his younger sibling.

                Jongup kept his stare on Daehyun’s assuring expression. It was really confident for a blind guy like him to say something like that, but Jongup didn’t want to be someone who didn’t learn from mistakes by saying that out loud. Heaving a deep breath, he patted his brother’s back. “Alright, but you need to be more careful next time.”

                Daehyun beamed his trademark innocent smile, melting Jongup’s heart more than it already had. But that smile only lasted for a few seconds when Daehyun’s happy face changed into a scowl. “You lied about his horrid face,” he grumbled.

                Jongup snorted a laugh. “Sorry about that, but he’s still not that handsome compared to me,” he claimed scornfully.

                Daehyun was annoyed as hell. He pinched Jongup’s side, making the him yelp and scurried away from him. His younger brother always did that to escape from him since he couldn’t go after him without his sight. “Yah! Jung Jongup! Come back here!”

 

 

 

                That night, Daehyun lay in his bed, ready to sleep. He was so tired after searching for his phone throughout the house. It wouldn’t have been so hard if Jongup would have helped. The younger man said it was a way for him to learn his lesson. Luckily, he managed to find it, in the hamper filled with dirty clothes and it had run out of battery. He must have dropped it there when he was changing his clothes. That’s why he didn’t hear any sound coming from the landing.

                His eyes were already closed, letting the sleep come to him, but his mind was still flashing every single memory of the time he had spent with Yongguk. He didn’t go out to the backyard tonight. Though he liked to pour his love at his flowers at night, he couldn’t bring himself to oppose Yongguk. That man told him to stay inside because it was dangerous at night and he wanted to believe him.

                Then the next day, Yongguk wouldn’t be disappointed when he would tell him how obedient he was tonight. He was extremely excited to see Yongguk tomorrow to say the least. Yongguk was the first person who had made his heart flutter. He had never experienced something like that before and he wished to discover more about it.

                He thought about the blooming flowers in the backyard and how relatable it was to his heart.

 

 

 

 

                The very same night, Yongguk called all the gym’s staffs that were also a part of his clan to get in his office. The other workers went straight home after the gym was closed. There were five of them in that room, each was scattered to their own spots while Yongguk remained seated in his chair. None of them uttered a single word after they had settled down and waited for Yongguk to finally speak up.

                “I think I’ve found my mate,” Yongguk declared, making eye contact with every member in front of him.

                All of them perked up at the unexpected news. They had been waiting for this moment ever since Yongguk turned eighteen. They couldn’t wait to see what kind of a mate Yongguk would have. Their expressions were a mix of surprise and excitement but Yongguk cut in before they could say anything yet.

                “But… I’m not sure, because my mate didn’t react like I did at our first meeting.” Yongguk sighed.

                Himchan frowned. He was sitting at Yongguk’s table across him as he turned around to look at the others who were seated on a couch at the corner of the room. They were also wearing the same confused expression as him.

                “Every weredragon will know if they have found their mates,” Himchan said after turning back to Yongguk. “Maybe… your mate… is just a human?” He suggested timidly.

                Yongguk stared at Himchan for a second before nodding in admittance. “I had a thought like that too.”

                “Are you sure it’s that feeling?” Minsoo voiced out his wonder. “Not something like admiration?”

                “No,” Yongguk replied sternly but shook his head after that. “I don’t know” He shrugged. “They are beautiful. I’ve seen many beautiful people before. None are like them. They’re...beyond beautiful, everything about them,” he dreamily described his mate.

                Now Himchan was sure Yongguk was saying the truth about finding his mate since Yongguk had never been so dazed about someone else before. He had never talked this much before. “So... What’s next?”

                Yongguk rubbed his chin thoughtfully, unable to give an instant answer to that question.

                “You know you’ll have a strong connection to your mate after you’ve met him,” Youngjae broke the silence. “And your strength and instinct will heighten too.”

                “But he’s a human,” Sungjoon emphasized.

                “And a man,” Yongguk suddenly complemented Sungjoon’s statement, causing everyone to gape at him.

                “My mate was a man too,” Youngjae countered.

                The others turned awkward. They didn’t say anything after that, including Yongguk, because they had not talked about Youngjae’s deceased mate for a long time.

                “…but he’s a human,” Minsoo muttered.

                Yongguk was totally in confusion. Something like this had never happened in his clan, in which the supposed to be mate didn’t show any sign having that bond. Nobody in his clan had a human mate so he didn’t know who he should confide in. Plus, he was to be the future alpha.

                “Until I figure it out, I’m asking you guys not to tell the rest of our clan about it,” Yongguk requested.

                “Don’t worry about that. We’re already glad you share it with us,” Himchan assured and everyone else nodded in agreement.

 

 

 

 


Proofread by Sempiternalis

 

A/N:

It's only a few hours until Skydive MV is out. So please use the time to read this update before we'll all die together later :)

#GetWellSoonYongguk

 

Thank you to all upvoters, subscribers, readers and commenters! XOXO