Dahlia

Perfectly Imperfect

Dahlia (blue/green) –  major life change


 

                Daehyun let out a small whine while stretching his limbs on the bed. A smile etched on his lips when he felt another body pressed against his back. He had never gone to bed with Yongguk, but the said man would always sneaked into his room once the patrol was finished.

                Carefully, Daehyun lifted Yongguk’s arm that was draped over him and turned around to face the man. He placed the arm back around his waist before reaching up to Yongguk’s face.

                He had been staying over at the clan’s house for more than a week now and never once did he not worry about Yongguk’s safety. He went to sleep with a heavy heart every night and would only feel relieved when he was woken up with Yongguk by his side the next morning, usually after the alarm goes off.

                Today was one of the days he was earlier than the alarm, but as always, he would feel around Yongguk’s face soon after he woke up. Yongguk could be coming across the Massifs again last night. They might have gotten into a fight and he wouldn’t know if Yongguk was injured anywhere unless the man told him about it. Still, he would examine all over Yongguk’s body with his touch to confirm it.

                Today too, Yongguk fortunately wasn’t injured anywhere. The Massifs hadn’t been showing themselves for quite a while now, making the Empyreans wonder if they could have left already. But until it could be confirmed, alpha Dongwan had ordered them to carry on with the night watch.

                Daehyun breathed out a pleased sigh after feeling every little bump and blemish on Yongguk’s face, knowing that there wasn’t anything different from before. He intended to do it as quietly and lightly as he could, but Yongguk shifted a little in his spot right after he was done.

                “Good morning,” Yongguk rasped, rubbing his face before blinking his eyes open.

                “Oh, sorry, did I wake you?” Feeling guilty, Daehyun quickly drew his hand back.

                “Apparently.” Yongguk sighed with a hum as he turned his body and faced his mate again. “But I don’t mind,” he said before laying a kiss on Daehyun’s forehead.

                With his eyes still close, Daehyun’s hand was back on Yongguk’s face again, his thumb lazily caressing the man’s cheekbone. “I’m sorry, I just couldn’t help it.”

                “I know. I hate making you worry either.” Yongguk slightly turned his head to give an assuring kiss on Daehyun’s palm.

                Daehyun smiled at Yongguk’s warm touch. “What time is it?” he asked.

                Yongguk noticed that the sun was already rising outside through the white curtain, but he took a glimpse of the clock on the bedside table anyway. “There’s only half an hour before the alarm goes off.”

                “You should go back to sleep. You must be tired from the rounds,” Daehyun told the latter.

                “I think I’d rather stare at your face for the whole thirty minutes rather than going to back to sleep,” Yongguk said, making Daehyun’s cheeks tinted with pink. “Won’t you let me see your beautiful eyes?” he asked before kissing both of Daehyun’s eyelids.

                Daehyun didn’t have to think twice to take on Yongguk’s request. He promptly rubbed his eyes a little before lifting his lids. It was that moment when he received the biggest surprise in his life, even more surprising than finding out about Yongguk being a weredragon. It was a surprise that left every part of his body to stop functioning, except the fast pounding heart in his chest and the goosebumps he got all over his body that made him break out in a cold sweat.

                “Daehyun?” Yongguk frowned when his mate suddenly froze. “What’s wrong?”

                Daehyun’s breath was slowly becoming short and heavy until he was wheezing through his mouth. Panicked with the reaction, Yongguk quickly sat up, lifting Daehyun’s upper body along into his arms.

                “Daehyun?” Yongguk called again, trying to make the younger man focus at him. “You’re scaring me.” He wiped the sweat on Daehyun’s forehead, pushing back the wet fringe in the same time before taking the pale face in his palms. “Hey, tell me what is it?”

                “I… I don’t know… It’s weird…” Daehyun stammered, hands clutching tightly onto Yongguk’s shirt.

                Yongguk’s frown deepened. “Weird… how?”

                Daehyun’s jaw was left hanging. He didn’t know how he should describe it. So he tried moving his eyes in every direction, rolling them around and finally shut them tightly. Yongguk just waited patiently by Daehyun’s side, quietly watching those brown orbs darting around the room and disappearing behind the closed eyelids until they were opened again.

                “When… When I opened my eyes, there’s not… nothing anymore!” Daehyun finally uttered the only thing he could think of to describe it.

                Yongguk just stared at his mate, trying hard to figure it out in his mind. A moment later, his eyes widened with a loud gasp. “You mean you can see?!”

                Again, Daehyun took his time to think of an answer. “No, I don’t think so? There’s not much different from before…” he trailed off as he kept blinking his eyes. “But there’s something! Something different! Like I can tell when I open or close my eyes!”

                Yongguk released a shuddered breath. He didn’t know since when, but by the time he realized it, his heart was already beating so fast. There was nothing he was sure about, but there was something he was hoping for. “I think your eyes are healing…”

                Daehyun’s breath hitched in his throat. “What…?”

 

 

 

                Thanks to their link, Yongguk got to tell his parents about Daehyun’s condition much faster, though he was sure Daehyun wasn’t really aware of that and it wasn’t the time for him to explain it to his mate. The younger man had been restless, so Yongguk told his mate to wash up while he goes to tell Jongup about the current situation. On his way there, he linked his thought to Narae like what his mother told him to do.

                After a few minutes of patiently knocking on the door, it was finally opened and Yongguk was greeted by a half asleep Jongup. “Good morning, Jongup.”

                “Yongguk hyung?” Jongup asked, squinting at the man before him. “What is it?”

                “I think you should go to your brother.”

                Jongup’s brow furrowed. “Why?” he asked because it was strange for his brother to have someone else come to get him. But looking at Yongguk’s unperturbed expression, he couldn’t guess whether the reason is something serious or not. “Is something wrong?”

                Yongguk shook his head. “Nothing’s really wrong, but…” he trailed off while thinking of the best way to break the news to the boy. “There’s something going on with his eyes.”

                Jongup was even more confused by that, his eyes were fully open by now. “Where is he?”

                “In his room.”

                Jongup was finally making his way to Daehyun’s room with hurried steps, Yongguk following from behind at his own pace. The door was already wide open when he arrived and Daehyun seemed like he had just came out of the bathroom, probably after washing himself since he was wiping his face with a towel as he stood before the bathroom door.

                “Hyung, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?” Jongup asked on his way to Daehyun before taking a hold of the man’s arms.

                “I’m okay,” Daehyun replied with a reassuring smile. “It’s just my eyes…”

                “What’s wrong with your eyes?”

                Once again, Daehyun found himself stuck for words. “Um… there’s just something weird going on…?”

                Jongup wasn’t satisfied with Daehyun’s hesitant answer, but there was a knock on the door when he was about to say something more. He turned around to see that it was actually Minjee.

                “Good morning, Daehyun, Jongup. I heard what happened from Yongguk,” Minjee said as she stood by the door. “May I come in?”

                “Of course,” Daehyun replied with a faint smile.

                “I bring some water for you,” Minjee voiced, going to put the tray on the accent table next to the armchairs.

                “Oh, thank you, auntie,” Daehyun walked towards the direction of her voice until she took his hand to give him the water.

                “Have a seat,” Minjee told Daehyun as she settled on the footstool, whereas Jongup went to sit on the bed across them. “How are you feeling right now?”

                Daehyun truthfully didn’t know how to answer that. There hadn’t been anything when he opened his eyes for as long as he could remember, but suddenly there was something different today. He wasn’t sure whether he should be excited or scared about it.

                “I don’t know… It’s just so sudden…” he muttered before sipping the cold water.

                Minjee could see how Daehyun was fretting in his seat, his blank gaze was fixed to the floor as he fiddled with the mug. She was actually feeling the same way since she was yet to know if the change in Daehyun’s sight was a good thing or not, but she tried her best to conceal her agitation. “I told Yongguk to call Aunt Narae here. She’s going to examine your eyes.”

                Daehyun had known by now that Narae used to be a doctor until she retired a few years ago. She would always treat the clan’s members’ injuries, moreover when she was the one with the healing toxin. She had been naturally considered as the clan’s private doctor. Even so, Daehyun didn’t think that he was privileged to receive her favour, though he had his ankle treated by Minjee before, but that was when he was still clueless about the clan.

                “Isn’t it too early for her to come here?” mused Daehyun. “I don’t want to trouble her for having to come here suddenly at this time.”

                “You won’t. Himchan’s house isn’t that far from here,” Minjee assured.

                “Oh, you’re here, mom?” uttered Yongguk as he walked into the room.

                “Did you call Aunt Narae?” Minjee asked.

                “I did. They’ll be here in a little bit.” Yongguk perched on the side of the armchair before stealing the half-filled mug from his mate.

                “Have you seen your dad?” Minjee asked again.

                “Yeah, he said he’s going to wait for Aunt Narae downstairs,” Yongguk answered after draining the glass of water.

                Shortly after that, Dongwan came knocking on the door. “Narae’s here,” he announced, letting his sister into the room before himself.

                Himchan was also there since he was the one who drove his mother to the clan’s house, but he just stood quietly against the doorframe while carrying his son. The boy was still fast asleep with his head resting on his father’s shoulder.

                “Good morning, Daehyun,” Narae greeted while making her way towards Daehyun. “How are you?”

                “Fine…? I guess…” Daehyun muttered, obviously showing the jitters he got because of the sudden examination.

                “Ready for your check up?” Narae asked in an amiable tone, just like what any other doctors would do to their patient. She took the footstool offered by Minjee, positioning it right in front of Daehyun before finally taking a seat with her suitcase placed beside her on the floor.

                “S-Sure,” Daehyun started stammering. He felt the need to hold onto Yongguk’s hand, but when he was about to reach his side, he sensed a weight being lifted from the chair. He couldn’t find the man on the side of the armchair, so he called for him. “Hyung…?”

                Yongguk turned around after placing the empty mug back on the tray, only to find his mate groping the air, probably seeking for him. He immediately went back to his previous spot, taking Daehyun’s searching hand before crouching down to the man’s level. “I’m here. What is it?”

                “Could… Could you stay here?” Daehyun asked, but his tone was pleading.

                “Of course,” Yongguk replied right away, moreover when he realized how much his mate needed him by his side. He sat on the side of the armchair again, placing their clasped hands on his thigh.

                “Do you have any headaches or dizziness?” Narae questioned while bringing out her tools from the suitcase.

                “No…” Daehyun answered.

                Narae began the examination using a medical instrument that none of the other people in the room know of except for her. They just watched her quietly as she looked into Daehyun’s eyes, even when her tool changed into a small flashlight.

                “Well,” Narae started after she was done shining the light into Daehyun’s eyes. “I see that your optic nerve are damaged. Is that why you lost your sight?”

                “Yes, it was because of an infection when I was three,” Daehyun clarified.

                “Hmm… Visual loss occurs if the entire nerve is destroyed and since it is irreversible, you lost your vision permanently. However, it seems like the nerve fibers are regenerating because your eyes responded to light,” Narae described what she had observed in the examinations.

                “What does that mean?” Jongup spoke up, his face contorted with confusion.

                “The optic nerve is repairing itself when it isn’t supposed to,” Narae explained after turning around to the young man. “And I can’t really explain why. All I can say right now is that Daehyun’s eyes might be healing.”

                Daehyun’s heart skipped a beat upon hearing that, causing him to tighten his hold on Yongguk’s hand. The older man acknowledged it by doing the same in return.

                Jongup’s brow furrowed into a deep frown. “But how can that be?”

                Narae pressed her lips together, her gaze averting from Jongup to Minjee, who was sitting next to the boy. “Maybe… It’s the effect of the healing toxin…?”

                “What are you talking about?” Jongup felt like it was getting ridiculous, as if she was speaking in another language he couldn’t understand.

                Minjee sighed. She had received Narae’s thought through the link, saying that maybe it is time to let them know. She agreed.

                “As you already know, Aunt Narae has the ability to heal using the toxin in her dragon form,” Minjee said. “And I’ve been mixing it in Daehyun’s drink every time he eats here. I thought it might cure Daehyun’s blindness.”

                Jongup could only stare at Minjee as he let it sink in his mind. “What…?” he muttered in disbelief.

                “Isn’t it good news?” Dongwan uttered gladly when he sensed the tension building up in the room.

                “Yeah,” Narae responded. “It doesn’t seem like much, but if Daehyun keeps taking the toxin, his sight might eventually be restored until he can totally see.”

                A moment after that, Jongup got up from the bed and went out of the room without saying anything. But Daehyun could still hear the rushed footsteps which had been too familiar for him.

                “Did Jongup just leave?” Daehyun asked Yongguk in a whisper when he was sure everyone’s attention was on his brother right now.

                “He did…” Yongguk whispered back. He was as puzzled as everyone else with Jongup’s act.

                Minjee thought Jongup was possibly angry at her since she did everything as she pleased. So he went to Daehyun and took his free hand on his lap. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about this, Daehyun,” she apologized earnestly.

                Daehyun released a shuddered breath. He casted his eyes lower than he already had before turning away from the woman. “I’m sorry, aunty, but… I think I need to be alone right now…”

                Minjee was dumbfounded. It really seemed like Daehyun was also angry at her. She had no idea what to do except for slowly letting go of Daehyun’s hand. Then, she looked up at her son.

                “Don’t worry, mom. I’ll talk to him,” Yongguk assured through the link.

                Minjee just nodded at him before finally turning around and got everyone else to leave with her.

                “Do you know about this too, hyung?” Daehyun asked as soon as he heard the door closed with a click.

                “Mhm, mom talked to me about it first and I agreed with her.”

                “You should’ve talked to me too. How could you just simply decide for me when I didn’t even know about it?”

                Yongguk sighed before moving to sit on the footstool in front of the latter without breaking off his hold on Daehyun’s hand. “You’re right. I should have done that, but what could I possibly say? You didn’t know anything about weredragons at that time.”

                Daehyun scoffed in disbelief. “Really? You’ve made me drink the toxin for that long?”

                “The first time was when you sprained your ankle. Remember the herbal drink Aunt Narae gave to you? She had mixed her toxin in it and we noticed that your ankle was healing faster than it should be. It was incredible since the toxin doesn’t usually work on humans, but it worked on you. So, we thought that we should keep making you drink it,” Yongguk explained, thinking that it might make Daehyun feel less frustrated about the situation.

                “Then how about after I found out your weredragon secrets?” Daehyun retorted. “You still didn’t tell me any of those.”

                “That’s because we didn’t know whether it would do the same to your eyes. You told me yourself that your blindness is permanent. I’m just afraid that if I told you beforehand, you’d be expecting and end up disappointed when it didn’t work out.”

                Daehyun breathed out heavily. His grip on Yongguk’s hand had loosened, but he didn’t make any effort to free it from the man’s hold. “Is it no good if I’m blind?” he muttered under his breath.

                 “Please don’t think like that.” Yongguk was almost begging as he took Daehyun’s other hand in his. “None of us knew if it was going to work out. We’re just giving it a try.”

                “So what? Are you running an experiment on me?”

                “No, Daehyun.” Again, Yongguk let out a long, deep sigh. “Don’t you think it’s a miracle the toxin works on you? It has never been effective on other humans. But you’re not like any other humans. You’re my mate.”

                “Yeah, I’m your mate. You’re the young alpha and I’m gonna be the young Luna. But how can a perfect young alpha be with a blind mate, right? And even a human at that,” Daehyun remarked with a bitter laugh.

                “Daehyun!” Yongguk grabbed his mate’s arms, causing the said man to gasp in surprise. “Stop that! He gave Daehyun a slight shake as if to knock some sense into him. He didn’t mean to raise his voice, but he had reached his limit.

                “How could you even go that far? Is that how lowly you think of yourself? Of the clan? We didn’t do this for the clan. We did this for you. You’re meant for this because the toxin works on you. You’re meant to see,” Yongguk tried to convince the younger man.

                 Daehyun could feel his chest tightened, his eyes stung when the tears started pooling in his eyes. “But… but I never asked you to do it… I’m fine the way I am…”

                “Really? Don’t you want to see…” Yongguk glanced around the room to think of something before looking back at his mate. “…the sky? Don’t you want to see… the moon and the stars? …Don’t you want to sit with me on the grass and watch the sunset? Don’t you want to see the flowers in your backyard? Don’t you want to see Jongup? Don’t you want to see… me?”

                Daehyun couldn’t lie to himself. He wanted to say yes to every single thing. However, he broke down instead. Just sobbing loudly with tears streaming down his face.

                “I told you, you deserve everything good in this world,” Yongguk said in a much softer voice while wiping the tears off Daehyun’s cheeks.

                “You’ve done so much for me, hyung… and now your clan too…” Daehyun wept, grasping Yongguk’s hands on his face. “How can I ever repay for your kindness?”

                Yongguk shook his head. “You don’t have to. Because sometimes, people give without expecting anything in return. They give because they care,” he said before craving a smile. “Or we can just call it love.”

                Leaning forward, Yongguk planted a kiss on Daehyun’s forehead before embracing the man in a warm hug. “You’re going to be able to see again, Daehyun. Just forget everything that’s bugging your mind because it’s something you should be happy about,” he muttered with his fingers threading the hair at the back of Daehyun’s head. “Right?”

                Daehyun completely put all the weight of his heavy head on Yongguk’s shoulder. The man’s soothing scent managed to lighten both his heart and mind, until he could finally wear a smile on his face. “Right.”

 

 

 

                “Hey.”

                Jongup heard Youngjae approaching from behind, but his eyes were fixed to the greenery view of the forest. The said man reached his side, also leaning against the railing of the balcony.

                “I heard what happened,” Youngjae started, turning his head to look at the other. “It’s great news, isn’t it?”

                Jongup nodded slowly. “Yeah…”

                “It doesn’t seem so to you,” Youngjae commented.

                “I don’t know…” Jongup sighed, shrugging his shoulders. “I was just told that my brother might be able to see again. How am I supposed to react to that? All this while, I tried so hard searching for all means to restore his sight. But today, just like that! Daehyun hyung is going to see again and I contribute nothing to it.”

                “But it’s okay, right?” Youngjae ventured, raising his brows at Jongup even if the younger man wasn’t even looking at him. “At least he’s going to see again. You should be happy about it.”

                “I know…” Jongup let out a longer sigh before turning his body around, now leaning back against the railing. “But I was one of the reasons he went blind,” he muttered with his head casted down. “If I wasn’t born into this world maybe he could still see…”

                Youngjae furrowed his brows. “What do you mean?”

                “Because my dad might realize there was something wrong with Daehyun hyung’s eyes if he didn’t need to worry about my mother having to give birth to me. It was too late by the time dad realized his mistake,” Jongup paused when his voice started to waver as he fought back the urge to cry. He also forced a smile on his face. “But it’s not that bad for him. For me, not only did I cause Daehyun hyung to lose his sight, I even caused my mother to lose her life.”

                Youngjae felt a pang in his heart hearing so much pain coming from Jongup’s voice. It seemed like he was being with a completely different person. It was not the same tough and cocky Jongup he had always known and somehow, it made him feel special. The fact that Jongup was willing to share his story and show his vulnerable side to him.

                Turning around, Youngjae leaned his back against the railing too. He kept staring at the side of Jongup’s face until his gaze trailed down to Jongup’s hand. Thinking that it might give some comfort to the younger man, he took the hand in his. “I think you did nothing wrong.”

                Jongup shook his head. “Daehyun hyung didn’t only lose his sight after I was born. He lost his mother too. I made my father lose his wife,” he sniffled as the tears were finally falling.

                Youngjae’s heart squeezed painfully the sight of Jongup crying. That man was the same man who had held him when he broke down because of his longing towards Dabin. It was a very warm hug. It made him feel like everything is going to be okay. And he wanted Jongup to feel the same way he did.

                Youngjae moved to stand in front of Jongup before circling his arms around him. “You shouldn’t blame yourself for that,” he said close to the latter’s ear.

                Of course, Jongup was taken by surprise by that. But instead of stopping, he cried even more into Youngjae’s shoulder.

                “Daehyun hyung doesn’t blame you for that. What would he think if he knows you’re being like this? You’re a good brother. You’ve taken care of your brother all this time. Someone like you shouldn’t be living with remorse. I’m sure your father is happy with your mother in somewhere nice right now. And your brother is very happy with his life too. But do you think they’ll be happy to see you crying like this? You know they love you, right? You can let it all go now.”

                That moment, Jongup realized that it was all he needed. He brought up his arms and wrapped them tightly around Youngjae. He knew he had just fell in love again with the older man, but he was not going to ask for more because only by having Youngjae close like this was good enough for him.

 

 

 

                “I’m sorry, aunty. I was being rude to you earlier,” Daehyun apologized when he met Minjee in the kitchen.

                “What are you talking about?” Minjee took Daehyun’s arm and guided him towards one of the chairs by the kitchen counter. She told the young man to have a seat before sitting herself on the adjacent chair. “You didn’t do anything wrong. It is me who should apologize,” she said from the bottom of her heart while holding onto Daehyun’s hand. “It’s my fault. I didn’t consider your feelings before doing something like that.”

                “No, it’s thanks to you and Aunt Narae that I might be able to see again,” Daehyun expressed his gratitude sincerely.

                “But if it isn’t you, the toxin wouldn’t work though,” Narae pointed out with her hand placed on Daehyun’s back as she stood by him.

                Daehyun could only pull a smile at them. “It’s like a miracle just happened to me.”

                Narae nodded in agreement. “A miracle only the young Luna can have.”

                “Don’t say that,” Daehyun shyly denied it. “I still have a long way to go.”

                “It’s okay. I got your back.” Minjee laughed, giving Daehyun’s cheek a gentle pat. “But… Um… How about Jongup?” she asked carefully. “Is he mad at me or something?”

                “No, I don’t know what’s gotten into him, but I’m pretty sure he’s not mad at you,” Daehyun assured her.

                “Whew, it’s good to hear that.” Minjee sighed in relief. “He’s going to join us for breakfast, right?”

                “I’ll tell him to come down,” Daehyun said. “I have to talk to him anyway.”

                “Oh… okay,” Minjee understood what Daehyun was trying to say. “Whatever it is, settle it nicely, okay?” She patted his shoulder, whereas Narae did the same to his back.

 

 

 

                Jongup was not completely ready when he opened the door to his brother. His eyes were still red from the crying he had, but Daehyun wouldn’t know it. He was only afraid that his voice might crack, so he cleared his throat before speaking. “Hyung.”

                “Jongup,” Daehyun replied and heaved a deep breath after. “I’ve got to ask you, why did you leave just like that?” he went straightforward about the matter.

                Jongup sighed heavily. “You should come in,” he told his brother, taking the latter’s hand at the same time. He closed the door after bringing the older man into his room and led him to the bed. He sat Daehyun on it first before plopping down next to him.

                Everything was quiet after that. Jongup didn’t know how to begin, while Daehyun kept hoping for the younger man to say something.

                “Aunt Minjee thought you’re mad at them.” Tired of waiting, Daehyun broke the silence.

                “I’m sorry…” Jongup finally muttered, his hands fidgeting on his lap. “But the news was too sudden for me. I need some time to process it with my brain.”

                “You didn’t leave to cry, did you?”

                Daehyun’s question sounded like he was joking to Jongup. “Why would I?” He snorted a laugh.

                Daehyun just pressed his lips together in a small smile. He knew that his brother was lying. Jongup had always been terrible at it.

                They fell into silence again. Jongup was honestly too afraid to say anything more, or his brother would find out that he was lying. Daehyun never failed to point it out every time he did it. He thought it would be different this time, but then, Daehyun felt around for his hand, holding it with their fingers laced together.

                I remember that you promised me that you’ll work hard to give me my eyesight back,” Daehyun said. He was facing in Jongup’s direction with his gaze casted down, as if he was staring at their entwined hands. “But I hope you also remember that you were not the one who took it. I lost my sight because of an infection, but now, I’ll get it back.”

                Jongup’s eyes were b with tears again. He tried to hold it back, swallowing the lump in his throat before asking. “Are you ready for it?”

                Daehyun let out a long sigh. “Right now, I’m not. But they said that my sight will come back gradually. So I can get myself ready with time.”

                Jongup nodded his head, even if he still found it hard to believe. “I’m glad… so glad…” he laughed genuinely in a tremulous waver. “Dad must be so happy to hear this.” He gave up, letting the tears fall freely because he knew they were not like any other tears. They were the tears of happiness.

                “You’re really crying now…” Daehyun teased even when he was starting to shed a whole lot of tears himself.

                “You’ll get to see Yongguk hyung’s horrid face after this.” Jongup joked.

                Daehyun chuckled. “I’ll get to see your face too,” he said as his hand slowly went up to Jongup’s face. He found Jongup’s wet cheek and wiped the tears off of it. He might not have touch it often, but the warmth of Jongup’s skin had always been the same under his fingertips. Cupping that side of Jongup’s face, Daehyun caressed the soft damp cheek with his thumb.

                Jongup was caught in a daze when he locked eyes with Daehyun’s. Those unseeing eyes will be able to tell Daehyun what his brother looked like one day. Jongup realized that he actually couldn’t wait for that day to come. Until then, he just pulled Daehyun into a tight hug for now and they continued crying in each other’s embrace.